Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭richiek83

aodh_rua wrote: »
    It's a large drain

Correct, the upgrade of the Newbridge Eastern Interceptor Sewer which when completed will allow all the recent planning permissions to at least proceed. Heavily restrictive housing completions in Newbridge at present due to sewer capacity restraints. Total project cost is €30 million I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

richiek83 wrote: »
    Correct, the upgrade of the Newbridge Eastern Interceptor Sewer which when completed will allow all the recent planning permissions to at least proceed. Heavily restrictive housing completions in Newbridge at present due to sewer capacity restraints. Total project cost is €30 million I think

There are plans for up to 400 houses in the field across from Sarsfield's entrance. I hope with the sewerage problem sorted, this isn't a licence for buildres to just go mad building.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

There are plans for up to 400 houses in the field across from Sarsfield's entrance. I hope with the sewerage problem sorted, this isn't a licence for buildres to just go mad building.

I really hope that doesn't go ahead. Its madness there is nothing up that side of newbridge, no shops, supermarkets etc... a really small bridge(newbridge college side) to get you back into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

silverview wrote: »
    I really hope that doesn't go ahead. Its madness there is nothing up that side of newbridge, no shops, supermarkets etc... a really small bridge(newbridge college side) to get you back into town.

There was a petrol station/pharmacy/fast food outlet development refused planning in the semi-developed lot beside Spin activity centre in 2017. :mad:

Extremely short sighted, badly need more than just centra roseberry hill out that side of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Loads of street lighting going up on the green road at the curragh end.

• Advertisement

There was a petrol station/pharmacy/fast food outlet development refused planning in the semi-developed lot beside Spin activity centre in 2017. :mad:

Extremely short sighted, badly need more than just centra roseberry hill out that side of the town.

Crazy numbers going to the Centra these days. The car park is full, I had to queue just to get onto the street where I live.

Drove by Dominos earlier and it looks like it's open with balloons outside etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Cazale wrote: »
    Drove by Dominos earlier and it looks like it's open with balloons outside etc.

Dominoes is muck.
    I hope the other new pizza joint is more successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Any recommendations for an estate agent to sell a house in Newbridge? I've only dealt with Kelly Hudson before and found them to be not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Damien360

TheShow wrote: »
    Dominoes is muck.

Tried it last night. The base is lovely but the toppings weren't great. Under cooked on top, far too much sauce. Meat feast.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote:
    Tried it last night. The base is lovely but the toppings weren't great. Under cooked on top, far too much sauce. Meat feast.

I'll be giving it a few weeks to settle in before I try it out.

TheShow wrote: »
    Dominoes is muck.

For us, anything is better than Apache!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Any recommendations for an estate agent to sell a house in Newbridge? I've only dealt with Kelly Hudson before and found them to be not great.

I found Maura Donohue to be extremely helpful and professional.

Fudge74 wrote: »
    I found Maura Donohue to be extremely helpful and professional.

While I never used Her, I have only heard good things about Her service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Damien360 wrote: »

Found toppings undercooked also. Rest was nice, place was busy. Few tables to eat in at too which I wasn’t expecting

Can't say Domino's is great either. We had a delivery from them during the week. The pizzas were okay, but the chicken wings were dripping and leaking with the sauce and went all over our hallway.

Long time before I'll be ordering chicken wings again.

Got dominos the other night. Threw most of it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

I got Dominos the other night too and didn't like the pizza... no where near the standard of dominos sallins.

silverview wrote: »
    I got Dominos the other night too and didn't like the pizza... no where near the standard of dominos sallins.

Bang on SV...Pity Sallins is so far away ( keeping pizzas warm terms ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

planning permission applied to demolish the old nook shop on station road and to build a new two story shop with a deli.

brennan's garage also granted permission for their upgrade on the current garage.

this includes a drive through. does anyone know if its a fast food restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

tommyboy26 wrote: »

brennan's garage also granted permission for their upgrade on the current garage.

Roumors i hear say supermacs.

planning permission applied to demolish the old nook shop on station road and to build a new two story shop with a deli.

Any news on when Aldi are starting??? Disgrace a town our size hasn't got an Aldi already.

Hard to see that working. For me it's too near town, and too far from The Meadows/RH/Rosconnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hard to see that working. For me it's too near town, and too far from The Meadows/RH/Rosconnel.

There is a school directly opposite. Last shop before Milltown. The Nook was handy and had really good ham. Only time to worry is the summer time when school's out.

Any news on when Aldi are starting??? Disgrace a town our size hasn't got an Aldi already.

Still scheduled for November opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

There is a school directly opposite. Last shop before Milltown. The Nook was handy and had really good ham. Only time to worry is the summer time when school's out.

the nook was in a great spot but it was too small. it always had someone in it everytime i passed it

Hi Mods

I see the following on the D15 site: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057972807

Are we allowed something similar?

Hi Mods

I see the following on the D15 site: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057972807

Are we allowed something similar?

Well, nobody has said yay or nay, so I guess it's ok?

Anyone know the full list of people standing in the local elections? I haven't seen a poster up for Paddy Kennedy, who imho, is a very good rep for Newbridge. I also see Fiona McLaughlin Healy is running as an independent, didn't know she left FG.

Since the posters went up, I have had 3 people knock on my front door, but not one of them were prospective councillors..just people representing them. Do the prospective people not canvas themselves? Sends out a very bad signal that they can't do it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Well, nobody has said yay or nay, so I guess it's ok?

Anyone know the full list of people standing in the local elections? I haven't seen a poster up for Paddy Kennedy, who imho, is a very good rep for Newbridge. I also see Fiona McLaughlin Healy is running as an independent, didn't know she left FG.

Since the posters went up, I have had 3 people knock on my front door, but not one of them were prospective councillors..just people representing them. Do the prospective people not canvas themselves? Sends out a very bad signal that they can't do it themselves.

I'd say they do but volunteers will typically find out if you have issues to raise and get the candidate to call to you. Sort of like targeted marketing

Advertisement