Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Having people who aren't the candidate canvassing shows that they actually have some support base beyond themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

I've yet to meet any candidates or canvassers. Have interacted with McLoughlin-Healy before and found her professional and helpful. Seemed to do a lot of good work on the KWETB governance issues. Seemed badly dealt with by FG. Will probably give her my first preference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

aldi were granted there extension for previously attained planning permission. so we an opening date of November i imagine work will begin fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just in case people haven't seen the full list, here is the list of candidates for Newbridge:

Newbridge Local Electoral Area - 15 candidates (6 seats)

ASPELL Murty FF
    BUCKLEY Antoinette FF
    CONNOLLY Noel SF
    CONNOLLY Enda GP
    DELANEY Gerard IND
    DEMPSEY Tom FG
    HEAVEY Noel FF
    McCABE Morgan IND
    McLOUGHLIN HEALY Fiona IND
    MOLYNEAUX Damian AON
    O'DWYER Tracey FG
    O'DWYER Peggy FG
    O'REILLY Ciara LAB
    PENDER Chris SD
    POWER Robert FF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Just in case people haven't seen the full list, here is the list of candidates for Newbridge:

Newbridge Local Electoral Area - 15 candidates (6 seats)

ASPELL Murty FF
    BUCKLEY Antoinette FF
    CONNOLLY Noel SF
    CONNOLLY Enda GP
    DELANEY Gerard IND
    DEMPSEY Tom FG
    HEAVEY Noel FF
    McCABE Morgan IND
    McLOUGHLIN HEALY Fiona IND
    MOLYNEAUX Damian AON
    O'DWYER Tracey FG
    O'DWYER Peggy FG
    O'REILLY Ciara LAB
    PENDER Chris SD
    POWER Robert FF

Thanks for that BDB...Pity not to see Paddy Kennedy's name on the list.

That's one hell of a banner over Johnsons..talk about overdrive, bearing in mind the other posters/banners around the town from the same bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks for that BDB...Pity not to see Paddy Kennedy's name on the list.

That's one hell of a banner over Johnsons..talk about overdrive, bearing in mind the other posters/banners around the town from the same bloke.

That banner is so in your face that I wondered who is paying for it. As odd as it seems, he ain't getting my vote.

Damien360 wrote: »
    That banner is so in your face that I wondered who is paying for it. As odd as it seems, he ain't getting my vote.

Agree entirely with You Damien, and I'll also not be voting for him. Nor will I be going anywhere near Johnson's for a pint for the duration of that banner being up.

glennons undertakers have been granted permission to open a funeral home on the main street where the ptsb bank use to be.

anyone else think its an odd place for it?

Great to see the Central chipper open again - or at least the take-away part is. Not sure when the sit down is re-opening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Great to see the Central chipper open again - or at least the take-away part is. Not sure when the sit down is re-opening though.

Just got a burger meal out of it. Doesn't look like there is a huge amount of work left to do for the sit down area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The first count for Newbridge hasn't started yet, but a full tally was completed earlier.

Looks like Fiona McLoughlin Healy (Ind) is way out in front and will top the poll with a big surplus. Peggy O'Dwyer (FG) and Rob Power (FF) are neck and neck in second on third over 1000 votes behind Fiona. Tracey O'Dwyer (FG) should get elected, and then two out of three between Chris Pender (SD), and Noel Heavey (FF) and Antoinette Buckley (FF).

The first count for Newbridge hasn't started yet, but a full tally was completed earlier.

Looks like Fiona McLoughlin Healy (Ind) is way out in front and will top the poll with a big surplus. Peggy O'Dwyer (FG) and Rob Power (FF) are neck and neck in second and third, over 1000 votes behind Fiona. Tracey O'Dwyer (FG) should get elected, and then two out of three between Chris Pender (SD), and Noel Heavey (FF) and Antoinette Buckley (FF).

Cazale wrote: »
    Just got a burger meal out of it. Doesn't look like there is a huge amount of work left to do for the sit down area.

Got my weekly supper from Central - it's fully open now, nice and airy I might add.

aodh_rua wrote: »

Looks like Fiona McLoughlin Healy (Ind) is way out in front and will top the poll with a big surplus. Peggy O'Dwyer (FG) and Rob Power (FF) are neck and neck in second and third, over 1000 votes behind Fiona. Tracey O'Dwyer (FG) should get elected, and then two out of three between Chris Pender (SD), and Noel Heavey (FF) and Antoinette Buckley (FF).

No mention of Dempsey? Guess the banner man didn't work eh? Ridiculous the amount of posters he and O'Dwyer and the FF bloke Heavey put up around the town.

Thanks for the heads up!

No mention of Dempsey? Guess the banner man didn't work eh? Ridiculous the amount of posters he and O'Dwyer and the FF bloke Heavey put up around the town.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dempsey got less than 5%, he is a long way from contention

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Thanks for the heads up!
    I'd say the details of his past recently reported didn't help his cause.

I'd say the details of his past recently reported didn't help his cause.

Thanks for the link BDB. He was also a film director? LOL, Anything this geezer hasn't tried his hand at? Won't be as a councillor for a while anyhow - good!

Anyone know why only F McLH has been elected?

Voting that tight?

Anyone know why only F McLH has been elected?

Voting that tight?

They only finished the count late this afternoon. Fiona had more than second and third combined, the rest took a long time to reach the quota or get elected without reaching it.

The 6 elected are:

Fiona McLoughlin-Healy IND
    Peggy O'Dwyer FG
    Tracey O'Dwyer FG
    Chris Pender SD
    Rob Power FF
    Noel Heavey FF

They'll sit as a Municipal District Committee with the 5 Kildare councillors...

Suzanne Doyle FF
    Anne Connolly FF
    Mark Stafford FG
    Kevin Duffy FG
    Patricia Ryan SF

anyone recommend a good doctor in newbridge.

i am considering changing from newbridge family practice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Is the full table of count results for Newbridge area available anywhere? Link, screenshot or whatever.
    Pretty please.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Is the full table of count results for Newbridge area available anywhere? Link, screenshot or whatever.
    Pretty please.

https://kilcullenbridge.blogspot.com/search/label/Local%20Elections%202019

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I see College Park has two MEPs. Well done ladies!
    Moore Park showed well, but lost out in later counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭saladtime

Calling all Father Ted heads! You have been summoned by Bishop Brennan to Coffey's Bar, Newbridge on Thursday June 13th to pit your wits against each other in what promises to be the ultimate Father Ted Quiz! The quiz in aid of St. Brigid's Hospice, The Curragh will test your knowledge of lovely horses, lovely girls and all things Craggy Island so careful now!

There'll be a raffle (number 11 anyone) and prizes for best dressed so make sure you don your fanciest blue jumper and clerical threads and join us on Thursday June 13th in Coffey's Bar Newbridge for a night of Ted related shenanigans not to be missed, ah go on, go on...

Where: Coffey's Bar, Newbridge
    Start: 8.30 PM
    €10 Per Person
    Max 6 Per Table

To book a table DM me or email bigtedquiz@gmail.com

We're also on Facebook - @bigtedquiz

19IPJVP.jpg

Fabulous display of knitted goodies in Linear Park by the bridge.

Well done to everyone who contributed.

Crikey, the traffic all afternoon in both directions on this road is crazy - particularly from NS as far as Dunne's.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

GavMan wrote: »
    I've yet to meet any candidates or canvassers. Have interacted with McLoughlin-Healy before and found her professional and helpful. Seemed to do a lot of good work on the KWETB governance issues. Seemed badly dealt with by FG. Will probably give her my first preference

She seems to have been blocked from being elected to the KWETB again. Other councillors are not too fond of her policies on transparency it seems.

She seems to have been blocked from being elected to the KWETB again. Other councillors are not too fond of her policies on transparency it seems.

Mind me asking what is happening OP?

Like Gavman I never saw one of the potential councillors, though I often see FMcLH up in Sarsfields. Has Newbridge gone that big that prospective Cllrs couldn't call to the doors of their prospective voters?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Mind me asking what is happening OP?

Like Gavman I never saw one of the potential councillors, though I often see FMcLH up in Sarsfields. Has Newbridge gone that big that prospective Cllrs couldn't call to the doors of their prospective voters?

I’m not exactly sure. I just follow her on Instagram and saw her talk about it on her stories. Ive no idea how the council works to be honest but it sounded like schoolyard bullying by exclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An Independent, particularly one who left a party in a huff, will find it hard to make alliances and hence get nominated to positions

Advertisement