Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

roroliam wrote: »
    Valu Mart a hardware and giftware store will be opening in the old Mothercare shop. They have around six other shops.

Just what the town needs, another shop selling tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

I’m in Roseberry Hill. Just flushed my toilet and the water is dirtier than what was flushed away. On checking my tap, it seems the water is discoloured.

Anyone else having this problem?

Literally said that to my family this evening.
    I'm near The Curragh.

Any idea what it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Ffs, yesterday it was water discolouration which has improved, but now water pressure.

Anyone else having this problem? Was onto IW but they just repeat what they told me yesterday ( they are aware there is a problem somewhere in the Kilcullen Newbridge area).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riggersmark

Anyone know when the new Aldi is now expected to open give all the works stopped for a few months due to COVID

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riggersmark

Anyone know when the new Aldi is now expected to open give all the works stopped for a few months due to COVID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

There was 3 months left before opening when they stopped building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Garda crime scene tape and a Garda standing guard outside Eddie’s shop/Gala in town. Anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Damien360 wrote: »
    Garda crime scene tape and a Garda standing guard outside Eddie’s shop/Gala in town. Anyone know what happened?

Thur 9am: two Garda and tape still there, also on Riverbank side. Dignitary expected today?

Roadtoad wrote:
    Thur 9am: two Garda and tape still there, also on Riverbank side. Dignitary expected today?

There was a fella stabbed last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Petermc83

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-in-serious-condition-after-newbridge-stabbing-40287292.html

• Advertisement

Cazale wrote: »
    There was 3 months left before opening when they stopped building.

Then sometime around the end of June Cazale?

Hope at least the building was on schedule when the construction went into lockdown.

There was a fella stabbed last night.

Sadly, according to The Journal, that victim has died. Link: https://www.thejournal.ie/man-dies-newbridge-5406369-Apr2021/

May He RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

HI Guys,

Anyone recommend a plumber in the Newbridge area that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? I seem to have a leak under the sink, not exactly sure where the leak is coming from.

Thanks
    SV

silverview wrote:
    Anyone recommend a plumber in the Newbridge area that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? I seem to have a leak under the sink, not exactly sure where the leak is coming from.

I always use Mick Sammon. Find them reliable and tidy. Got a water purifier system removed in the kitchen and new taps in the bathroom and kitchen last month. Charged me 70 euro.

Just watched Heyden on 'The Week in Politics' try to defend FG's record on housing.

Seemed totally lost .

Just watched Heyden on 'The Week in Politics' try to defend FG's record on housing.

Seemed totally lost .

Must be an election round the corner so. Never hear or see of him once he’s in.

Must be an election round the corner so. Never hear or see of him once he’s in.

Agreed Damien. In fairness to Heyden though, I would never consider housing his forte so whoever decided him to go live needs their heads examined.

Also fair play to Aine Lawlor, she pulled no punches with her questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Petermc83

Al Vesuvio Pizza has closed.

Driving past the unit last night and there seems to be another restaurant opening up there, an Asian Street Cuisine type of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Driving past the unit last night and there seems to be another restaurant opening up there, an Asian Street Cuisine type of place.

Hopefully it’s Saba

Petermc83 wrote: »

It's called Ramen. Has a few outlets including one in Naas.

• Advertisement

Speaking of takeaways Fire & Smoke closed last month. Kebab and burger place that only opened late 2020. Website says it's closed for refurbishment and will reopen on the 30th of September but can't see that happening. It promised a lot but was expensive for what it was when I tried it.

Anyone any idea as to when Aldi opens?

Speaking of takeaways Fire & Smoke closed last month. Kebab and burger place that only opened late 2020. Website says it's closed for refurbishment and will reopen on the 30th of September but can't see that happening. It promised a lot but was expensive for what it was when I tried it.

Never used F & S, but how so many take-sways survive in Newbridge is baffling. And yet we could do with an upmarket restaurant, or two.

Anyone any idea as to when Aldi opens?

Nothing on the new store opening section of their website but they are advertising jobs for it. They had just over three months to go when work stopped so I'm guessing end of August.

Sad to see that Kibelin house was demolished this morning. A familiar sight on my walks over the years.

Sad to see that Kibelin house was demolished this morning. A familiar sight on my walks over the years.

The before photo I took earlier this year.

Bit of complaining going on FB by Chris Pender about it. He cited planning permission for that site that the house must be kept. But the company replied with the subsequent permission that they could demolish it and rebuild it to exact same look but with modern build standards. I believe it is to be a crèche. What I find funny about all of the FB crap is he works in the council and if he had used his brain, a simple search would have yielded that information.

On a personal level, building the entire housing estate on a flood plain (although never in living memory I am told) is asking for trouble. Remember Bertie and his once in a lifetime occurrence in Dublin. Although housing is required, the shortcut to planning permission is terrible and there is no guarantees that the entire site won’t get sold for long term renting to a pension fund. And where is the permission for new schools and facilities for the new residents ? Extending the current schools is planned to meet the demand but the town will grind to a halt with traffic reaching those schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's been an eyesore for years and nothing special about the design whatsoever with plenty of similar styles in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Chris Pender’s initial post - which was shared by nearby residents’ association- has been deleted. He has posted an update referencing company response but as Damien360 says, should have done some checking first. Instead of jumping the gun.

When was Kilbelin House last occupied? Always looked pretty decrepit to me.

• Advertisement

When was Kilbelin House last occupied? Always looked pretty decrepit to me.

Darc19 wrote:
    It's been an eyesore for years and nothing special about the design whatsoever with plenty of similar styles in the area.

Yeah architecturally it wasn't of much merit. It was a familiar landmark on my walk home. I'll miss the oversized graffiti penis.

Advertisement