Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

richiek83 wrote: »
    St Conleth's Park Redevelopment moves a step closer. Tender notice for construction placed on etenders website. Closing date for tender submissions is the 23rd April.

Project includes demolition of existing main stand and the construction of brand new 2600 seater main stand with refreshment facilities etc in the stand, installation of floodlights, demolition of current changing rooms and construction of a new entrance plaza outside on entry to the stadium.

Total approx value is €7.5 million excl VAT (Approx €10 million in total).

It's worth bearing in mind that this whole area (the car park outside) is intended to be part of the future "Newbridge Cultural Quarter" and right beside the mooted BnM Regeneration with a masterplan due to be revealed towards the end of this year.

Nothing revealed but a press release to announce that something will be revealed. Tender launched for the design of the site.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/633872/revealed-bord-na-mona-plans-to-open-newbridge-hq-to-public-plans-for-road-walkway-shops-and-more.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

richiek83 wrote: »
    Nothing revealed but a press release to announce that something will be revealed. Tender launched for the design of the site.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/633872/revealed-bord-na-mona-plans-to-open-newbridge-hq-to-public-plans-for-road-walkway-shops-and-more.html

Just like 2007 just before the bust. The Gaa were to move out to Toghers and the developers offered to build the new site in exchange for the St Conleths site. I’m cynical but a lot of what I see all around the country smells of the time just before the bust.

The cultural quarter plans are a few years old and still no advancements. I don’t remember plans for what type of business would occupy the new area.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Cazale wrote: »
    A decision on a proposed new 343 home Newbridge housing estate, creche, distributor road and park is expected in November.

The plans are currently being discussed with An Bord Pleanála.

Ardstone Homes wants to build this development at Kilbelin on the Athgarvan Road.

The project includes 283 houses in a mix of terraced and semi-detached styles, 48 apartments in two three-storey blocks and 12 apartments (maisonettes) in three pairs of semi-detached houses.

The developers say the existing derelict Kilbelin House will be renovated and extended to become a créche with parking and a dedicated outdoor play area.

The plans also comprise a landscaped linear park running around the site adjacent to the River Liffey with a dedicated pedestrian and cycle path, which will link to the existing Liffey Linear Park path via a new pedestrian/cycle link.

Part of a new 250m distributor road will be built and will connect with the existing R416 road at a new upgraded junction.

If the plans are approved, a second exit will be provided towards the southern boundary off the Athgarvan Road, and a separate dedicated access is provided for the crèche in the general location of the existing access to Kilbelin House.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/328321/decision-on-343-home-kildare-housing-estate-park-and-new-road-plans-due-in-november.html
    And looking at the heap of rubble following the demolition of Kilbelin House at the weekend what developers say and what developers do are two entirely different things......

Raises serious questions about Kildare Co Co also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

bureau2009 wrote: »
    And looking at the heap of rubble following the demolition of Kilbelin House at the weekend what developers say and what developers do are two entirely different things......

Raises serious questions about Kildare Co Co also.

That article is from 3 years ago. I think subsequent changes were made.

It might be of passing interest to be some locals, but it had no architectural merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Another takeaway has appeared on Just Eat (Sorry WishUWereHere!). Called Tender Hooks Newbridge. Looks like it's a chicken place owned by Eddie Rockets.

• Advertisement

Another takeaway has appeared on Just Eat (Sorry WishUWereHere!). Called Tender Hooks Newbridge. Looks like it's a chicken place owned by Eddie Rockets.

They seem to piggy back on an existing facility. So if it's Eddie rockets, it will be managed from there.

Effectively a "virtual" place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Traffic is absolutely mad around the town today. Nobody working on that project between Dunne’s and Tesco. And the queue into McDonalds isn’t helping.

Traffic is absolutely mad around the town today. Nobody working on that project between Dunne’s and Tesco. And the queue into McDonalds isn’t helping.

Yeah absolutely crazy. Luckily I was just out for a walk with the pram. The center and pennys mobbed too. If you are nervous of big crowds stay away!

Yeah absolutely crazy. Luckily I was just out for a walk with the pram. The center and pennys mobbed too. If you are nervous of big crowds stay away!

Is there no accountability on KCC/IW here? Surely a road closure as this warrants people working 7 days a week to complete the project in as short a time as possible?

When You mention ‘The Center’, You referring to WW, Cazale?

Edit: now 19h30, & just home from Tesco’s ( 2nd time today ) & it’s still bedlam on the road there. There is a queue trying to get into McDonald’s/KFC creating a traffic queue back as far as visible towards McLoughlin’s.

Incredible that KCC don’t act here.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

KCC only care about Naas . This is only going to get worse as time goes on. They're planning on closing the whole road as far as the McLoughlin's junction. It's not our they had a year if Lockdown to complete these works or anything , just time the start of the works for when things open it. Jumped in the bus at Tesco last week at 1215 , didn't reach the bridge until 1300 . Thanks Irish Water and KCC I was 15mins late for work

• Advertisement

JeffK88 wrote: »
    KCC only care about Naas . This is only going to get worse as time goes on. They're planning on closing the whole road as far as the McLoughlin's junction. It's not our they had a year if Lockdown to complete these works or anything , just time the start of the works for when things open it. Jumped in the bus at Tesco last week at 1215 , didn't reach the bridge until 1300 . Thanks Irish Water and KCC I was 15mins late for work

And in the meantime hundreds of houses going up everywhere.

Jeff, You saying then that this isn’t only a weekend phenomenon? I also saw a TII coach on cutlery Road. It gets near Main Street, & to turn has to occupy both lanes, thus creating a build up right back to the Athgarvan Road.

Cazale must have felt His/Her pram was a Ferrari walking around :))

JeffK88 wrote: »

You do know that these works have been in planning for several years and the actual work started before covid and has continued.

It's a major water/sewage project that will finally bring Newbridge water works up to a decent standard.

Or maybe you'd prefer **** floating about the roads - because that's what has happened.

Bless you that you might be inconvenienced for a couple of weeks so that thousands of people will have decent water infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Hope it's ok to ask here. Just looking at buying (a house!) On College Park Road and wondering if it's an ok spot? Not familiar with the town and drive bys etc can only tell you so much. House is a little past Patrician Sports Field, back towards the Liffey, also wondering is it far enough away not to be a flood risk.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to ask here. Just looking at buying (a house!) On College Park Road and wondering if it's an ok spot? Not familiar with the town and drive bys etc can only tell you so much. House is a little past Patrician Sports Field, back towards the Liffey, also wondering is it far enough away not to be a flood risk.

You buying without actually viewing at all ? College park is on a gentle slope from the piercetown end where the field is, all the way down to the river. Moses would struggle to flood that. There is one house for sale on that road now and there is a small lay-by right behind that garden where misfits like to hang out at night currently. Quiet enough area other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Damien360 wrote: »
    You buying without actually viewing at all ? College park is on a gentle slope from the piercetown end where the field is, all the way down to the river. Moses would struggle to flood that. There is one house for sale on that road now and there is a small lay-by right behind that garden where misfits like to hang out at night currently. Quiet enough area other than that.

I've viewed alright. I remember there being a slope, my memory is that it was only slight but wasn't paying much attention to that when we arrived. Double checked aerial view on the house we're buying, can't see a lay by behind the garden. Didn't actually see any rear access to the property, garage was self contained, i.e. no lane access.

number 75 has a laneway behind it, running along the bottom of the garden,

Cazale must have felt His/Her pram was a Ferrari walking around )

His car didn't today! Tried to go up to Tesco just there and abandoned the idea at Moore Park. Traffic seems worse than yesterday. Ended up going to Tesco in Kildare town.
    When You mention ‘The Center’, You referring to WW, Cazale?

Yeah sorry the Whitewater Shopping Centre.

His car didn't today! Tried to go up to Tesco just there and abandoned the idea at Moore Park. Traffic seems worse than yesterday. Ended up going to Tesco in Kildare town.

Yeah sorry the Whitewater Shopping Centre.

Really good to hear it was busy there yesterday. Was worrying there with no Debenhams to entice anyone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Literally just back home from doing the same

I'd hold off for a little while as prices have got very frothy. I'm in the market for a pension investment property and have tenants in mind.
    I put what I thought was a decent bid on a 3 bed semi and it sold 40k higher. Almost the same as 2005.

Two decent size new developments coming soon with the "spring" selling season moved to summer as restrictions end, the froth should calm down.

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Literally just back home from doing the same

So now these works are chasing money out of Newbridge. Not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

I've viewed alright. I remember there being a slope, my memory is that it was only slight but wasn't paying much attention to that when we arrived. Double checked aerial view on the house we're buying, can't see a lay by behind the garden. Didn't actually see any rear access to the property, garage was self contained, i.e. no lane access.

Probably 61 which is a semi D or 75 which is detached. Its a big slope and there is no history of flooding. The height of the liffey in the area is regulated upstream. I've never known it to flood even the terraces along the front.

As for the street, its grand. As said there are a few dodgy spots on the street behind 75 but college park road itself grand. Used to use it to run hill reps in winter as it was well lit and I never got any hassle.

Prices nuts right now though. The PPR for that street will show the jump over last 5 yrs and the last year in particular. 75 sold for 205k in 2015 and now on the market for 340k.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Hi all, I’m not very familiar with Newbridge and wondering is Holy Family a nice school?

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m not very familiar with Newbridge and wondering is Holy Family a nice school?

My daughter is in that school. It’s a very good school. Very organised. Apply early as there is a queue !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

When you say apply early... How early do you mean?

silverview wrote: »
    When you say apply early... How early do you mean?

I seem to remember we applied a few years in advance. There is a deposit on that place that was €100 at the time. Not sure if rules changed and you can only apply months in advance now. I wouldn’t be waiting for the first week of September anyway. Principal is very approachable. Ring her. This is the final week for the girls of school before exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Education (Admission to Schools) Act 2018 means that applications can only be accepted 11 months in advance of the coming school year.

So for Sept 2022, apply in October 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Up until last year Holy Family took enrollments from when the child went into second class.

Credit to those who were involved in making Linear Park the spectacle that it is.

Really looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Damien360 wrote: »
    My daughter is in that school. It’s a very good school. Very organised. Apply early as there is a queue !

I'd seond this my Daughter is going into 2nd year and the school has been the making of her.

Advertisement