Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Always seemed a busy spot and I enjoyed my few visits.

Early bird offer was quite competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

noticed that the stud on the left hand side heading to naas on the dual carriage way has started to cut the trees on there boundaries. anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Petermc83

the proprietors of Il Ponte Nouvo were illegally removing furniture and kitchen equipment which didn't belong to them and were caught red handed last Friday evening.
    They had a van loaded ready to leave the area and the gaurds were called.
    The equipment and furniture was belonging to the proprietors of an Chistin who have recently retired as the previous poster has mentioned.
    This is not hearsay or rumours. its facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    noticed that the stud on the left hand side heading to naas on the dual carriage way has started to cut the trees on there boundaries. anyone know why?

I always thought trees were planted to grow, & help the environment. I also noticed those trees having their branches slashed. But it's not only there, almost right opposite Mount Carmel there was a lovely hanging tree on the left hand side between the College & Sexes Bridge. It's gone. Also over on the M4 there have been lots of trees cut too ( at least from J5 to J8 )

Why i wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

I always thought trees were planted to grow, & help the environment. I also noticed those trees having their branches slashed. But it's not only there, almost right opposite Mount Carmel there was a lovely hanging tree on the left hand side between the College & Sexes Bridge. It's gone. Also over on the M4 there have been lots of trees cut too ( at least from J5 to J8 )

Why i wonder!

I think with that tree that was taken down this week it was infested with wasps as was a concern,

i know several folks complained about it last year, maybe that's why? (its just guessing, nothing factual)

• Advertisement

anyone know what dunnes are up too? see alot of construction going on in various different areas and they removed some of the small walls to make more car spaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

anyone know what dunnes are up too? see alot of construction going on in various different areas and they removed some of the small walls to make more car spaces

The hairdressers is moving to oppisite the chemist. The time piece restaurant will take up the soon to be knocked in to one area on that side with both entrances closed up and the new entrance will be (to locals) straight through the middle of the now time piece.

Conspectus wrote: »
    The hairdressers is moving to oppisite the chemist. The time piece restaurant will take up the soon to be knocked in to one area on that side with both entrances closed up and the new entrance will be (to locals) straight through the middle of the now time piece.

wow i didnt think dunnes was will to put that kind of money into it

wow i didnt think dunnes was will to put that kind of money into it

Since I worked there in 96-98 they've wanted to expand by putting a second storey on it but they have to do this first. They will eventually get rid of the chemist,hairdresser and key guy and expand the shop right out to the main entrance.

Since I worked there in 96-98 they've wanted to expand by putting a second storey on it but they have to do this first. They will eventually get rid of the chemist,hairdresser and key guy and expand the shop right out to the main entrance.

it looks horrible from the outside. it looks old and run down

• Advertisement

it looks horrible from the outside. it looks old and run down

It is there since about 1995 without much work done since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It's becoming a fancy dunnes!

All new layout, will include a Cafe Sol, Pat Whelan butchers and possibly a Sheridan's cheese counter.

Think Superquinn, only bigger.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    It's becoming a fancy dunnes!

All new layout, will include a Cafe Sol, Pat Whelan butchers and possibly a Sheridan's cheese counter.

Think Superquinn, only bigger.

No bad thing. I still hold a grudge about that wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

GavMan wrote:
    No bad thing. I still hold a grudge about that wall

Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!

Cazale wrote: »
    Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!

A clarion call direct from Ballyporeen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

I think it opened in 1987 or thereabouts- open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Planning permission in for a pizza restaurant and takeaway opposite Supervalu/Homestore and there is a Thai restaurant going where Gourmet Burger used to be outside the whitewater.

Planning permission also in for an Insomnia in the whitewater. If it gets the go ahead it will be going in where the tv and couches are beside Milanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Cazale wrote: »
    Planning permission in for a pizza restaurant and takeaway opposite Supervalu/Homestore and there is a Thai restaurant going where Gourmet Burger used to be outside the whitewater.

Planning permission also in for an Insomnia in the whitewater. If it gets the go ahead it will be going in where the tv and couches are beside Milanos.

That right across from Starbucks :D

anyone else think that the bottom of the town is becoming less and less busy. all the development seems to be happening from the post office up towards dunnes

I see that Michael Murphy has started parking his trucks and vans at the old littlewoods place at the back of Dunnes. Put up hoarding all around it too. Anyone know if a move is on the cards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I see that Michael Murphy has started parking his trucks and vans at the old littlewoods place at the back of Dunnes. Put up hoarding all around it too. Anyone know if a move is on the cards?

That's been their head office for a few years. Hoarding is just advertising.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    That's been their head office for a few years. Hoarding is just advertising.

Never knew that. It's always looked abandoned that building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

I think it opened in 1987 or thereabouts- open to correction on that.

That’s more like it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Can anyone recommend a massage therapist in or around Newbridge? I have some problems with a stiff and sore neck.

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a massage therapist in or around Newbridge? I have some problems with a stiff and sore neck.

Kehoe Physio on at the back of the village estate in newbridge, operates out of the family planning clinic (i think)

Very good, has sorted me out a few times with neck issues (trapped nerves etc)

his booking is on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/kehoephysio/

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Went to the courtyard today as there are ( afaik ) 3 charity shops where I wanted to leave quality but used clothes. All 3 were closed.

I wasn't prepared to leave any clothing at either Tesco's or Lidl's clothes banks as last week I saw at the Tesco one 2 females using hooks attached to rods to retrieve clothes from the bank bins and choosing what they wanted and just threw what they didn't want on the ground. Also this week, both the banks at both Lidl & Tesco were overflowing.

For future reference does anyone know of any charity shop open on a Sunday locally where one could leave clothes for a good/needy cause?

Thanks

Went to the courtyard today as there are ( afaik ) 3 charity shops where I wanted to leave quality but used clothes. All 3 were closed.

I wasn't prepared to leave any clothing at either Tesco's or Lidl's clothes banks as last week I saw at the Tesco one 2 females using hooks attached to rods to retrieve clothes from the bank bins and choosing what they wanted and just threw what they didn't want on the ground. Also this week, both the banks at both Lidl & Tesco were overflowing.

For future reference does anyone know of any charity shop open on a Sunday locally where one could leave clothes for a good/needy cause?

Thanks

isn't there a vintage / thrift store just up from brú? also there is the KWWPSCA charity shop on cutlery road ? the proceeds from that store goes to be animal shelter.

driving around the town i noticed alot of those 2 black wires for counting traffic. the council are hardly trying to see if the town needs a ring road?

driving around the town i noticed alot of those 2 black wires for counting traffic. the council are hardly trying to see if the town needs a ring road?

Was wondering the same myself. All approaches seem to be marked. Maybe they are trying to decide where resources need to be spent based on volume. Stuff like resurfacing. The road the Military Cemetery to Walshestown could badly do with a resurface. Its well used.

Hopefully they at least trying to get the stats together to get funding to complete the road from Pfizer to Liffey Hall...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

I reckon its the data collation exercise by the NTA for the forthcoming Newbridge Traffic Management Plan which is expected to go to public consultation sometime this year. NTA are using Newbridge as a pilot case to see if the model and plan they come up can be applied to other areas of the country that require similar work. They have stated that some plans drawn up the councils haven't delivered value for money. It's more likely a chance it will be implemented if NTA have control over it and they did say that subject to ratification of an eventual plan that funding would be forthcoming.

Advertisement