Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I agree Tommy, very sad to see the lower half of Main Street’s demise. The ridiculous redesigning of parking isn’t helping either. I used to enjoy the infrequent visit to Bradbury’s for coffee and delicious fresh cream cakes. But I’ve stopped now, as it’s very hard to get parking.

On a not unrelated topic, I was driving home last week behind 2 buses. One stopped outside the theatre ( which it’s fully entitled to do ) but no traffic could pass. It took off only for the other to stop too resulting in a build up back past the Church. Ridiculous situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭richiek83

That part of Main Street has been struggling for a number of years and its not really down the changes in the layout. The recent event in Town Hall on draft transport plan had some people stating that the proposed changes will ruin Main Street. I interjected and made the point that whatever KCC have been doing for the last 10 years or so wasn't working and something drastic is required. The changes proposed for Main Street (if implemented) would likely help the area. It would introduce proper cycle lanes and make public transport flow better. Traffic problems on Main Street are by and large caused by people using it as a through route (going from one end of town to other) whilst not stopping to shop etc. The consultation remains open for submissions until mid September I think. Any changes to Main Street will only occur when and if second bridge comes on stream and other measures are introduced.

I did note that the old Chartbusters unit was being repainted etc late last week so perhaps something is going in there soon. Also, I heard that Chinese take away is expected to open in the old Arch Bar in the coming months (not sure how true it is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Damien360

Saw Chart busters external painted green but nothing done inside. The Chinese in the Arch bar is an old story (maybe 2 years). I don't see any changes there at all passing by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭ando

it’s sad to see that section of town like the way it is. Hopefully something positive is done to rejuvenate the area.

Advertisement