Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thesodofturf

Interesting, I didn't know that. You know what though, Swifts did have:
    - daytime carvery, children-friendly, hearty, good price, no nonsence
    - one of the best New Year's Nights I was ever at (downstairs bar)
    - while the club was sh*t at many levels, there are memories.

Trying to say: while being sold might herald better times, I...will...miss...Swifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Interesting, I didn't know that. You know what though, Swifts did have:
    - daytime carvery, children-friendly, hearty, good price, no nonsence
    - one of the best New Year's Nights I was ever at (downstairs bar)
    - while the club was sh*t at many levels, there are memories.

Trying to say: while being sold might herald better times, I...will...miss...Swifts

Back in the day it was a great spot, spent a fortune in there for sure. The McGowans crew didn't do anything with it to rejuvenate it when they bought a few year ago, not surprised to hear its on the market again. Newbridge needs to up its nightlife game. Bring back Pharohs!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good jebus, pharoahs, now there was a spot. Only went the once, couldnt stand the place or the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thesodofturf

A lad I knew used to call Pharoah's 'Gorillas in the Mist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi folks,

Would anyone happen to know what date Scoil Mhuire Senior school in Ballymany is back in Aug/Sept. Doesn't seem to be on their website.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would anyone happen to know what date Scoil Mhuire Senior school in Ballymany is back in Aug/Sept. Doesn't seem to be on their website.

Thanks in advance!

I would suspect that there are different dates for different years like many schools.

Send them an email or call them on Monday, most schools have admin staff on during summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Does anyone know anymore about the possibility of an Aldi coming to Newbridge? I've been hearing about this for years and even saw a proposed site but this doesn't seem to be happening.

I'd love an Aldi in Newbridge

Does anyone know anymore about the possibility of an Aldi coming to Newbridge? I've been hearing about this for years and even saw a proposed site but this doesn't seem to be happening.

I'd love an Aldi in Newbridge

it will be going behind DID next to the Topaz station. Part of an overall redevelopment of the Courtyard/Retail park site and work is due to start soon as I think all planning applications for the site are now approved.

At a guess, I would say it will open early/mid next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Planning permission has been sought for 280 houses and 60 apartments on the athgarvan road. On the land opposite the traffic lights going into Liffey Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Cazale wrote: »
    Planning permission has been sought for 280 houses and 60 apartments on the athgarvan road. On the land opposite the traffic lights going into Liffey Hall.

Is that where the link road was meant to go?

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote:
    Is that where the link road was meant to go?

Yeah I'm presuming that'll be built alongside it if they get permission. It's the same crowd that are building castle farm in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks in advance!

If it's the same as the junior school then Monday 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I have no problem building houses, but not enough thought goes into infrastructure and the consequences of these buildings. I live in Roseberry Hill, and for Us to get to head for Dublin, we still have to cross a bridge which is too narrow for 2 oncoming cars.

That Athgarvan Road ( in the future ) is going to be under severe pressure I take it.

That Athgarvan Road ( in the future ) is going to be under severe pressure I take it.

With a bit of luck the south link road will be open.

That will see road from Liffey hall to great connell and linking to the new road currently being built by lidl leading onto the dual carriageway

Problem is that despite the road being indicated for years, some nimbys don't want it even though they moved into the area after the road plans were approved.

CeilingFly wrote:
    Problem is that despite the road being indicated for years, some nimbys don't want it even though they moved into the area after the road plans were approved.

Yeah the missus was showing me our estates residents Association Facebook page and there were a few people moaning about it. I've no problem with it at all as if they open up that road it'll help me get to Dublin/Naas much quicker. The housing estate there are building in Naas looks of good quality too.

I just hope when the road does open that they'll put a better system in place on the Athgarvan road at the Liffey Hall lights and going up towards the town at the motor factors.

Quick FYI for people who might park in LIDL to go into the town. The girl on the checkout was telling me they have employed a clamping company as the car park is full of people shopping/working elsewhere. There was a fella in a van outside checking the cars and if you are there for more than two hours you'll be clamped.

Just back from Dublin and it appears to me, they have changed slightly but critically the entrance onto the M7 at J10. One comes much quicker onto the main flow as they are Pushing the outside lane over towards the slip road. At least it appears that way ( I haven't used that junction for a while ).

Also, it appears to me that the length of the slip road onto the M7 is much shorter.

Quick FYI for people who might park in LIDL to go into the town. The girl on the checkout was telling me they have employed a clamping company as the car park is full of people shopping/working elsewhere. There was a fella in a van outside checking the cars and if you are there for more than two hours you'll be clamped.

About time too. I only hope that bloke will be there when the circus/fair is around, parking to shop can be a nightmare then.

Thanks for the heads up Cazale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yeah the missus was showing me our estates residents Association Facebook page and there were a few people moaning about it. I've no problem with it at all as if they open up that road it'll help me get to Dublin/Naas much quicker. The housing estate there are building in Naas looks of good quality too.

I just hope when the road does open that they'll put a better system in place on the Athgarvan road at the Liffey Hall lights and going up towards the town at the motor factors.

I can't wait for it. We moved in 15 years ago and it mentioned then. I saw the page "The boom must be back" bullsh*t

CeilingFly wrote: »

Seems to be The usual these days, everyone wants infrastructure but no one wants it near them!!

Traffic in newbridge is shocking these days so anything to take the volume off the mainstreet can only be a good thing surely.

• Advertisement

Just back from Dublin and it appears to me, they have changed slightly but critically the entrance onto the M7 at J10. One comes much quicker onto the main flow as they are Pushing the outside lane over towards the slip road. At least it appears that way ( I haven't used that junction for a while ).

Also, it appears to me that the length of the slip road onto the M7 is much shorter.

Heard on RTE 1 Radio this evening that the works will be extended to the M9 within the next 2 weeks. It wasn't stated which side, so one can assume the bloke means both sides.

And He also said that the works will be finished in March/April 2019.

Yep, mainline project to be completed by March 2019 with three lanes in both directions.

Safety barriers to be installed over next 2 weeks on M9 to M7 jct 10.

Soil removal on that section to start then.

October 2018, Jct10 to jct 9, traffic to move to new lanes and current open lanes coned off for resurfacing.

December 2018, is another notable date, but not information was given - possibly the jct10 to jct 9 section will fully open?

No specific date on the Sallins bypass, possibly this is what takes the overall project to Sept 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks like the road connecting Great Connell and Liffey (or some part of it) will form part of the development mentioned previously in the thread.

https://www.kilbelinplanning.ie/custom/public/files/application-form-including-appendices-.pdf

Copy of the Site Notice here:
    https://www.kilbelinplanning.ie/custom/public/files/site-notice.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I believe McGowan ( Swifts ) has recently being sold, a lot of rumours doing the rounds as to who the buyers are. Also I hear Judge Roy Beans on the market for €8000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

lanomist wrote: »
    I believe McGowan ( Swifts ) has recently being sold, a lot of rumours doing the rounds as to who the buyers are. Also I hear Judge Roy Beans on the market for €8000,000

You’ve a zero too much on that ! But yes, For sale

McDonnells have planning permission submitted to extend the bar into the beer garden out the back too.

lanomist wrote:
    Also I hear Judge Roy Beans on the market for €8000,000

Last I read it was the building for sale and JRB is not affected as they are tenants.

Pizza and Pasta takeaway going in where Nicks Fish used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Do you know when it's opening?

• Advertisement

Ah, another fast food joint, just what the town needs

Advertisement