Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for strategic board games

Options
  • 23-11-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi all. Looking to get my sister a board game. She has (and enjoys) Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Catan and Carcassonne.

She doesn’t like risk.

Can anyone recommend a game??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

starface wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking to get my sister a board game. She has (and enjoys) Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Catan and Carcassonne.

She doesn’t like risk.

Pandemic legacy is a mean as game if she enjoyed regular pandemic.
    Dead of winter where you play a band of survivors trying to make it through the zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CallmeKeano

starface wrote: »

She doesn’t like risk.

I was going to suggest Risk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I was going to suggest Risk.

:-) I went “oh what about.... oh. Nevermind.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Forbidden desert, Splendor, Time Stories, Betrayal at house on the hill, Clank

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CallmeKeano

Oink wrote: »
    :-) I went “oh what about.... oh. Nevermind.”

Snap :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

My own favourite board game is Kingmaker. Pretty sure it's out of print now but it is might craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

What about an expansion pack for Ticket to Ride or Carcassonne, if she hasn't got them already? There are a number of options. For example, TTR has map packs where the maps are designed better for 2-3 players?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Look into Smallworld. Really good strategy game that is different each time due to the huge range of races and the combinations of powers.

Advertisement