Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health effects - Oversleeping, no pattern

Options
  • 23-11-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

What effects, and of what magnitude, would sleeping for 12 hours or more per 24 hours, spread out in 2-6 hours naps randomly spread throughout the day/night? With no structure whatsoever. Just with regards to physical health (obviously social problems will result, but I'm talking about physically).

I ask so I can get some insight into what problems this sleeping routine might be causing with me (because there are a lot, it's hard to know what is causing what).

Would it be life-changing to get a proper pattern and sleep 7-8 hours? Would I have so much more energy, be in a much better mood, look healthier, feel optimistic and motivated? Or would it just help a little with a slight energy boost?

Cheers!

Advertisement