Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer mono/scanner to will work with Apple OS 10.11.06 and Windows 7

Options
  • 23-11-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭

Home computer is the Apple, work laptop is the Windows 7 machine.
    Looking for a printer that will work with both: wireless or USB would work.

Does the wireless connection make the printer work with any operating system?
    Have we moved beyond operating system-specific drivers?

I don't need colour printing.

Any thoughts on this:

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/printing/printers-and-multifunctions/brother-all-in-one-laser-printer-dcp-1610w.html

Am happy to buy in a store as opposed to on-line.
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Device(printer in your case) support by OS determined by drivers available from device manufacturer. Doesn't really matter how you connect it. Pick device-> go to manufaturers webpage-> support->see if drivers available for your OS.

According manufacturrer, Brother DCP-1610W is supported by your mentioned OS's
    http://support.brother.com/g/b/oslist.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp1610w_eu_as

It will be only matter to install appropriate drivers for each machine from "downloads" section under same link(above) if no CD supplied(usually is) or computers fail to download them automagicaly(usually does).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, just took it out of the box and set it up for the Mac: looking good so far!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement