Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

EMPRESARIO goes in the 6 45 at WOL tonight,his enigmatic trainer sends the horse over from Ireland to run and if EMPRESARIO is anything close to his best would have a good chance of success.

Even on his last run in Dundalk when a close 7th he is in with a shout.However that was over a mile and a half and he steps up to 2 miles tonight.He did win a chase over 2 and a half miles so the trip should be ok.

Not one to to totally trust,i put €15 ew on with Boyles at 16/1 who are paying 4 places.

OK BY ME seems to be running into form on her 3rd for her new trainer and can be backed at 11/1 in the 4 30 at Chelmsford.

Given a mark of 72 after a good run at Haydock she failed to win over various distances.Now down to 50 and following a good run in 7th last time (beaten 2 1/4 lengths) she is worth backing ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

lets try
    Idol Deputy 28-1 wolves 18:55
    last won 25th feb 2017 at 22-1 but been off the boil since, but seems to do most of the winning in feb (4 wins in 8 in that month!)

nearly 2 stone below last winning mark, and has won 12 times on artificial surfaces

coltie colin 12-1 wolves 19:55
    CD winner on a good mark, out of form, but worth a punt imo

e/w singles and double

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

lets try
    Idol Deputy 28-1 wolves 18:55
    last won 25th feb 2017 at 22-1 but been off the boil since, but seems to do most of the winning in feb (4 wins in 8 in that month!)

nearly 2 stone below last winning mark, and has won 12 times on artificial surfaces

coltie colin 12-1 wolves 19:55
    CD winner on a good mark, out of form, but worth a punt imo

e/w singles and double

Into 12s/14s now, nice.

hots wrote: »
    Into 12s/14s now, nice.

just sneaked a place if you with sky or others, finished at 20-1 so small profit

shame about colin! Seemed nicely positioned and then something happened, lost a shoe or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Any tips for Thurles lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

I heard Tim Doyle's will go well in the second last, that's about it

kempton
    3pm jennys day, 12-1 sky paying 5 places
    drops in class, and was 2nd last time, generally likes it around here

newcastle
    7.45 Paddy A 6-1
    new stable does well here and hopefully can get this horse back to form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Fond of W/O acca markets these days, and specifically the unique 'dual-WO' on '365.

e.g. CC - 2.35 - 'The King's Steed' @7.5 (OP was 25/1) still seems reasonable,
    yes only 2pl, but that excludes/ignores the two favs results altogether.

Could apply further risk reduction by also backing the same (W/Of2) on GM@6.0.
    Thereby the only remaining risk is, if the other 4 perform a forecast of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Fond of W/O acca markets these days, and specifically the unique 'dual-WO' on '365.

e.g. CC - 2.35 - 'The King's Steed' @7.5 (OP was 25/1) still seems reasonable,
    yes only 2pl, but that excludes/ignores the two favs results altogether.

Could apply further risk reduction by also backing the same (W/Of2) on GM@6.0.Thereby the only remaining risk is, if the other 4 perform a forecast of sorts.

Close, if only Torch was Tarseek, placed anyway at 6.5 & 13 in regular market.

1st Naralsaif (IRE) 3/1
    2nd Tarseekh 7/1
    3rd The King's Steed 12/1

w6AXY51.png

• Advertisement

Natalie Express showed a good turn of foot when winning a couple of weeks ago,7 furlongs was just about long enough for her that day and she will be well suited by the mile today and she rates today's best bet.

Made of Honour would be a threat if fully wound up for her first run for a while but Natalie has scope and could be well handicapped.

Air Navigator has only Whatswrongwithyou to beat in the 1 15 Newbury and is worth backing without the fav.

King Uther stays well and has a chance in the 1 50 Newbury.

Definately Vinnie at a big price might be worth an ew interest in the 3 50 Warwick and Wild Sam could be ew value at 20s in the 4 25 at Naas in a field that will be well strung out at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a fancy and is currently favorite at 3/1
    Was really impressed with the way Good Boy Bobby won last time. jockey didnt move a muscle on him and he went to the front effortlessly and won by a good distance eased down.

Admittedly it was a class 5 race and today is a huge step up in class against 7 last time out winners.. But looks like a horse with (hopefully) huge potential
    16 40 Newbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just a fancy and is currently favorite at 3/1
    Was really impressed with the way Good Boy Bobby won last time. jockey didnt move a muscle on him and he went to the front effortlessly and won by a good distance eased down.

Admittedly it was a class 5 race and today is a huge step up in class against 7 last time out winners.. But looks like a horse with (hopefully) huge potential
    16 40 Newbury

Booooom

done this lucky with a free fiver, meant to do it e/w but somehow didnt lol
    do it with what you will, singles or whatever

Lucky 31

Brotherly Company

Win, 14.35 Catterick

Allmyown

Win, 15.05 Catterick

Monfass

Win, 15.35 Catterick

No Planning

Win, 16.05 Catterick

Justadreamyeken

Win, 16.35 Catterick

Stake:
    €5.00
    Potential Returns: €17,228.80

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I got a free tenner so had the same idea :D

Kaloci 2.15-Plumpton 11/10
    Rockalzaro 2.35-Catterick 11/4
    Monfass 3.35-Catterick 10/3
    Ramore Will-3.50 7/2
    Straidnahanna 4.05-Catterick 7/4
    Sandhurst Lad 4.20-Plumpton 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

done this lucky with a free fiver, meant to do it e/w but somehow didnt lol
    do it with what you will, singles or whatever

Lucky 31

Brotherly Company

Win, 14.35 Catterick

Allmyown

Win, 15.05 Catterick

Monfass

Win, 15.35 Catterick

No Planning

Win, 16.05 Catterick

Justadreamyeken

Win, 16.35 Catterick

Stake:
    €5.00
    Potential Returns: €17,228.80

Not a bad start :D put 5 e/w on each and did the Lucky 31 too!

muh day

only one card tomorrow at southwell so lets have some fun, trying to get a winner or placer in every race, 6-1 or over e/w

2:20 Aarkcardian empire 13/2
    (note for french mix 9-1)

2:55 katie gale 11-1

3:25 sernity now 5-1
    (note for galios spear 18-1)

4pm angel palanas 4-1
    (note for monks stand 12-1)

4:30 essential 8-1

5pm broadhaven honey 5-1

Cafe Au Lait has been 2nd in last 4 runs,however there is nothing wrong with his attitude and should win the 4 10 at Tow,is available at 9/4 and under a new rider (Bridget Andrews)who claims 3 lbs should win.

Harefield around 1/1 looks to only have one to beat in the 2 10 also at Tow and looks certain to go very close,the double at over 5/1 is also worth a punt.

Cafe Au Lait has been 2nd in last 4 runs,however there is nothing wrong with his attitude and should win the 4 10 at Tow,is available at 9/4 and under a new rider (Bridget Andrews)who claims 3 lbs should win.

Harefield around 1/1 looks to only have one to beat in the 2 10 also at Tow and looks certain to go very close,the double at over 5/1 is also worth a punt.
    ??
    zimmer cafe au lait runs in the 2:10 tow
    and harefield runs in the 3:40 tow

2:10 tow

Im actually on goodnight charlie, i took 11/2 last night
    had the come back run now and was in fine form last year
    true, cafe au lait beat him well, but charlie was doing well until a bad jump knocked the stuffing out of him and at the least, i hope to see more of a straight race

but yes, its a percentage double alright, my only worry is the amount of 2nds mounting up

these arent mine but lucky naps a paid for service had a winner yesterday and these are his tips today.
    I dont pay for them, its a free trial spam that arrived in my mailbox. The odds quoted never seem available lol
    (tip..never pay for tips!)

Horse Racing: Single Total Stake : 5.00pts
    Date Course Horse Advised Odds
    14/02-14:00 Musselburgh Dun Faw Good 12.00 11/1

14/02-15:00 Musselburgh Derintoher Yank 6.50 11/2

14/02-15:20 Lingfield (A.W) Poetic Imagination 4.50 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Bungee Jump (13/8) in the 1:50 @ Lingers.

Kevin Ryan's only runner at the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Really Frustrating when a horse give ten lengths only to be beaten by a neck
    nine lengths would be fine.:)

these arent mine but lucky naps a paid for service had a winner yesterday and these are his tips today.
    I dont pay for them, its a free trial spam that arrived in my mailbox. The odds quoted never seem available lol
    (tip..never pay for tips!)

14/02-14:00 Musselburgh Dun Faw Good 12.00 11/1

14/02-15:00 Musselburgh Derintoher Yank 6.50 11/2

14/02-15:20 Lingfield (A.W) Poetic Imagination 4.50 7/2

well profit made

a win, a place and a loss

Two well beaten 2nds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spes Nostra 40-1 ew in the 8.40 Wolves

I really like this here. Down to a shorter trip and great record around here

Fancy Kansas City Chief in the 3:35 @ Southwell (11/4 with Paddy's).

Beaten at odds on last time out but was decent race and good time on the clock.

This looks a weaker race to that.

Seconditis.

Me. Not the horse.

i put Captain Mowbray in my tracker after his last run,with the note- sure to win another chase over 3 miles +. Out the back for most of the race before staying on for 3rd,never really being put into the race.

Has won one chase already and would probably have won a second except for falling at the last in another one.Captain Mowbray runs in the 4 40 at Catterick tomorrow and looked something to bet on until i saw the race was a handicap hurdle.

I have no idea why his small trainer puts the 7 year old back over hurdles (could be protecting chase mark for a targeted race and anxious to give the horse a run)when the horse appears to have a future over fences. Whatever the case he runs off a lower mark over hurdles and i will back it ew at around the 7/1 mark and the price could drift a little.

could be no cards tomorrow..snowed off

• Advertisement

I posted that Abe Lincoln was unlucky in march 2016 when the horse finished 10th of 11 in a listed race at Lingfield,being badly hampered.

Ran 5th next time in a class 3 handicap at York when again finding trouble in the 20 runner race.

He then ran at Royal Ascot and was btn a short head at 20/1,something obviously went wrong after that when he was off for 370 days before starting fav for the Hunt Cup at Ascot,being beaten about 6 lengths.
    Started 2nd fav for a class 2 handicap a month later and ran no sort of race.

Off for 152 days before showing he still retained some ability when 3rd behind Mutawthea in another class 2 handicap on 17/12/2017 before showing a good turn of foot to win a class 5 novice stakes by a neck (a race he was entitled to win on ratings ) on january 29th at WOL.

He quickened really well that day having looked beaten and very easily in the end.I doubt if Noseda would persevere with the horse unless he thought he could win good races with him and increase his stud value.

He runs in a trappy little class 3 today at Ling 3 oc and i hope he can come late and win like the the horse i think he is before going up in class.At 2/1 this looks a real good bet to me.

Advertisement