Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Not punting much lately which is probably just as well as winner finding is difficult for me,i backed Derry Boy lto and he finished in a race i thought he would win.

Goes tonight in the 7 .30 at Hamilton and is a short priced fav.When looking at the race i decided that BORN TO PLEASE might be worth an ew bet on the strength of his last run,thought to prefer softer going but seems to act on good and has a bit of a chance at 9/1 PP going 4 places.

However his trainer also has BAYSTON HILL in the race and that horse is becoming well handicapped,Mark Usher could win with either one so instead of having 25 ew on Born to Please i split the stakes a tenner ew on both and a fiver rev forecast in case they finish first and second,ever the optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Jamil in the 5 50

Went from 8s to 9/2 but disappointing 4th

Not punting much lately which is probably just as well as winner finding is difficult for me,i backed Derry Boy lto and he finished in a race i thought he would win.

Goes tonight in the 7 .30 at Hamilton and is a short priced fav.When looking at the race i decided that BORN TO PLEASE might be worth an ew bet on the strength of his last run,thought to prefer softer going but seems to act on good and has a bit of a chance at 9/1 PP going 4 places.

However his trainer also has BAYSTON MILL in the race and that horse is becoming well handicapped,Mark Usher could win with either one so instead of having 25 ew on Born to Please i split the stakes a tenner ew on both and a fiver rev forecast in case they finish first and second,ever the optimist.

Yeah, that BAYSTON HILL has a good chance for sure Zimmer at Bath - fancy him myself.

Yeah, that BAYSTON HILL has a good chance for sure Zimmer at Bath - fancy him myself.

He was backed, didn't have much luck in running.... Placed, but most likely wouldn't have prevailed even with a clear passage, given how for back he was in third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

2. Inexes
    9/1
    13:15

]1. Mr Orange
    9/2
    13:45

]3. Abstemious
    11/1
    14:20

11. Shawaamekh
    12/1
    15:10

• Advertisement

Each way double at Lingfield

AN FYI, for me :pac: mainly: I was looking at this card yesterday, and the going was: standard to slow for AW and good to firm I think for the turf track. Today, however, there is only a going description for the turf track - is there no All Weather on today, or what is the bloody craic? I was trying to look at each race, and the race title etc to try and discern which races were on the usual AW, and which were on the turf; after which I was none the wiser, so I presumed the majority were to be ran on the All Weather.

Anyway, the below two I picked out with an emphasis on the pieces of form they would have shown on Kempton & Lingfield (both AW polytracks) on the aforementioned standard to slow going description.

5.25 SEA OF COOL 13/2 Boyle

7.55 TERRI RULES 14/1 Boyle

Will most likely sit this one out, not much luck lately.

Gluck all

SPANISH STAR has been running as if needing a bit further and might be worth a few quid ew in the 6.55 at Lingfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SPANISH STAR has been running as if needing a bit further and might be worth a few quid ew in the 6.55 at Lingfield.

Very unlucky not to get the win

A few who hopefully have an each way chance later

4.55 Chepstow PEACHEY CARNEHAN 10/1 Gen

3.25 Doncaster BULLINGTON BOY 12/1 Boyle (16s with 365)

4.35 Doncaster ORVAR 5/1 Gen

6.10 Doncaster MR COCO BEAN 13/2 PP

4.45 Newbury RAKE'S PROGRESS 28/1 Gen (33s 365)

5.55 Newbury HAWRIDGE FLYER 11/1 Gen

Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

6.10 Doncaster MR COCO BEAN 13/2 PP

Me too e/w On Mrcocobean and in the lucky last at VichyFrance WIN Hajadieducroate, bonne fete de 15 Aout a tous :D

• Advertisement

Plenty racing today and one that really interests me is the 6.45 at Tramore,a handicap over 2 miles with a very hot fav Penny Out seeking a quick double having won here a couple of days ago in good style.

However that was a maiden and he may find todays race a bit tougher with a few battle hardened handicappers to deal with.

Penny Out may turn out very useful but the Mullins horse he hammered last time needs 3 miles and there was not much else in the race.

Tonkinese,Eight And Bob and Dalileo are three who may not be easy to beat and the youngest of the three,DALILEO is my idea of the value bet in the race.

DALIEO came from miles back in a 46,000 euro race in Galway to finish 8th only beaten 2 1/2 lengths before finishing 3rd behind Tonkinese again having to find his way through the field.

The run in is short in Tramore and he will not want to be too far back today,but if staying up with pace DALILEO should come out on top and is a very good ew bet at the odds 12/1 bet 365 and 9/1 PP.

Patience is is required for a really good bet imo.
    Island Nation in the 8.oc Chepstow is 15 to 8 with Pp and has a very good chance.
    What makes it an even better bet is that Pp are money back as free bet if 2nd to a bigger priced horse,which is any horse in this case means we get our stake back as a free bet
    t the 20 eur limit is not a problem as one can do the bet several times even I the same office.

That patience point above is a good one.

Don't have it myself though; hard to go more than a few days without a bet.

Having a rubbish last while punting wise, and too demoralised to even get to betting shop. Still; can't help but to do a bit of form study though :)

Like my each way double a few posts up, I haven't backed any of my recent selections either. If the betting shop was 'across the road' though, I would certainly have backed them all.

Not like many of us on here are professionals - we just like punting. Too much like hard work spending hours of study, but for the ground to change etc after having a couple of good ones picked. Still have to back them :pac:

Nowt like the buzz of backing a winner, especially when the mule looks about 50/1 in running, and just gets up.

What a rush :D

Plenty racing today and one that really interests me is the 6.45 at Tramore,a handicap over 2 miles with a very hot fav Penny Out seeking a quick double having won here a couple of days ago in good style.

However that was a maiden and he may find todays race a bit tougher with a few battle hardened handicappers to deal with.

Penny Out may turn out very useful but the Mullins horse he hammered last time needs 3 miles and there was not much else in the race.

Tonkinese,Eight And Bob and Dalileo are three who may not be easy to beat and the youngest of the three,DALILEO is my idea of the value bet in the race.

DALIEO came from miles back in a 46,000 euro race in Galway to finish 8th only beaten 2 1/2 lengths before finishing 3rd behind Tonkinese again having to find his way through the field.

The run in is short in Tramore and he will not want to be too far back today,but if staying up with pace DALILEO should come out on top and is a very good ew bet at the odds 12/1 bet 365 and 9/1 PP.

Penny out a NR now.

Well, it certainly hasn't really gotten going yet, like what Hendry said.

Not much excitement so far.

Penny out a NR now.

Just saw that now which is not the best news for my ew bet,however there is nothing i can do about it and at least i have 9/1 and even with the rule 4 it is still better than the PP price now available about DABILEO but of course its now 2 places.

I have not seen any racing today but will be tuned in this evening to watch the two i have backed and i am thinking of backing two more at Chepstow,though i swore i would never back the frustrating ROTHERWICK who always seems finish well but never well enough to get his head in front,goes in the 7.30 and TOMMY ROCK in the 5.30.

Well, it certainly hasn't really gotten going yet, like what Hendry said.

Not much excitement so far.

I'm blaming the heat for that "wrong thread" post :pac:

Just saw that now which is not the best news for my ew bet,however there is nothing i can do about it and at least i have 9/1 and even with the rule 4 it is still better than the PP price now available about DABILEO but of course its now 2 places.

I have not seen any racing today but will be tuned in this evening to watch the two i have backed and i am thinking of backing two more at Chepstow,though i swore i would never back the frustrating ROTHERWICK who always seems finish well but never well enough to get his head in front,goes in the 7.30 and TOMMY ROCK in the 5.30.

On Tommy Rock myself lol did him with island nation and Dalileo for doubles/trebles

One more pick. Others no good today.

8.00 Chepstow SEVENTII 20/1 Gen

This mare can outrun her odds here, at a trip + going that will suit.

A few horses being backed in this, but not the selection. Hoping for
    a boilover.

An apprentice race where Selma Grage rides for her boss Robert Eddery.
    Jockey has a few wins to her name, all of them I think for this trainer.

I've fancied a few of his to run well lately, perhaps I'm right today.

Each way, as usual

Dalileo did everything right then came off the nearside rail to finish on the wide outside leaving the first and 2nd to come up the inside thus saving ground and to make matters worse he was not too hard on the horse in the last 100 yds.Looks like he lost more ground than he was beaten.

Just look at the same jockey ride a finish and never give away the rail in the 7.15,i am not one to moan without a reason and i will be keeping an eye on DALILEO.

• Advertisement

And Seventii just manages to dead heat for third. Poor run continues.

I think I need to forget about backing/picking for a bit - easier said than done :(

KIMIFIVE to win the Great St Wilfrid AT ripon,all the stats suggest he goes close,he is the right age,the right weight,right pilot and right price,has run well in top sprint must be bscked at 8.1 ew 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Gammy Lucky 15

Deauville 2.50 : Persian King
    Market Rasen 12.00 : Art Approval
    Newbury 2.25 : Danyah
    Market Rasen 1.40 : Get Back Get Back

GLGLG

E/W Lucky 15

Barossa Red 1.50 Newbury
    Kimfive 3.15 Ripon
    Ingleby Hollow 1.40 Market Rasen
    Born to rule 3.55 Cork

BARADAR 4.40 Newbury is smart.

Danny Tudhope goes to Catterick to ride in the first 4 races and all have chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Danny Tudhope goes to Catterick to ride in the first 4 races and all have chances.

What makes you think that Zimmer in saying all 4 have chances.just curious on your opinion is all.i know ur a great horsey tipper.
    So I'm not questioning you,just curious on your all 4 has chances.

Danny is a very good jockey who seldom loses on one who should win and the 4 horses he rides at Catterick today all have chances of sorts.

On a monday when the racing is moderate those of us who like a bet even we should not have one could do worse than have a few quid on Danny's mounts,ten years ago (or thereabouts) Danny had become a journeyman jockey who only rode six winners one season and was on the point of giving up but he re-dedicated himself riding for a man who was on the up and intent on training lots of winners,David Omeara and both have been very successful.

If Danny was based in the south i have no doubt he would have been champion several times and i rate him highly,he cant ride below 9 stone without wasting and is very strong in a finish. I met him a few times and i like his quiet determination so i may be a bit biased.

For all that i will not be investing too much today,a 3 or 4 euro ew yankee or something like that for an interest.

For Jim 5.40 Uttox should be backed.
    Backed already today but likely to drift.
    This horse is very well fancied but as the ground is softening his chance will lessen and I am only hoping it does not become too soft or we will have done our money.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    What makes you think that Zimmer in saying all 4 have chances.just curious on your opinion is all.i know ur a great horsey tipper.
    So I'm not questioning you,just curious on your all 4 has chances.

Danny did not have much to show for his 4 rides so lets hope my main bet FOR JIM does the biz at 5.40.

Advertisement