Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

GOOD BIRTHDAY finished 3rd of 30 on his last run last year behind Look North in the Cambridgeshire at Newmarket (the toughest handicap of the year) off a mark of 98,having won a valuable handicap at Beverly off 95 on his previous run and probably looked a listed or group horse in the making.

Has not shown a lot this year in 4 runs,though one was too far and can be ignored,now runs off 92 and is thrown in if anything like back to his best,stable in form and worth an ew bet at 8/1.Runs in the 2.30 Sandown.

MUSTANG ALPHA runs in the 12.45 at Cartmel and i have no intention of having a bet in the race but i will have i recorded to watch later because the horse is running in the race.

Mustang started at 6/1 for a Bumper at Cheltenham last october having been sold for £135,000 after hosing up in an irish point to point.

Disappointed there and only ok in its next run in a maiden hurdle.

I have no idea whether it will win or lose but looking forward to the race with the future in mind.

Just had a look at that 12.45 Cartmel race that Zimmer's interested in.

The top two in the betting are very short at 11/10 Gen Mustang Alpha,
    and 5/4 Gen Away at Dawn. The third fav Bushypark can also be opposed.

Neither of the top 3 have done much, albeit with very few runs 'under rules' .

Away at Dawn did win well enough last time at Bangor making all. That race was on good ground
    though, and the projected going at Cartmel is good to soft-soft in places.

Which may leave an opening for one of the outsiders to fill one of the two positions for
    each way, or place purposes.

It is for this reason that I will plump for PRINCE CONSORT here. Has had many runs on the flat,
    but only 1 run over hurdles. That run was 2 runs back over C & D, and doesn't read well from
    a form perspective finishing 8th of 11, and beaten by 57.5 lengths. In his defence though it
    was his first outing over the sticks where he was slow jumping, and not fluent over the obstacles.
    That race was on similar going and ran in a faster than course average time for that going.

So, a bit speculative maybe, but he only needs to improve his jumping to finish a lot closer later on today.

At 40/1 Gen PRINCE CONSORT is worth a little each way investment.

Another speculative one in the last at Cartmel.

4.20 MY GALWAY GIRL 40/1 Boyle, PP.

Mare has done very little in Ireland for Denis Hogan. Just the two runs so far
    for Rebecca Menzies. Has mainly raced on good ground, and hardly ever on
    ground worse than yielding. I think the soft ground should be fine, and also
    the distance. It's just the combination of those two variables that's unknown.

Anyway, speculative like I mentioned, so only a small each way on Menzies' Mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

2.00 stone of destiny 9/2

• Advertisement

In the 3.05 at Sandown,two time group 1 winner BILLESDON BROOK is 9/2 and that is too big a price imo so i backed it ew in a PP shop as they are money back 2nd 3rd 4th if the fav win,Quadrilateral has good form but no better than BILLESDON BROOK who offers more value imo.

Good Birthday ran his race and may be best in very big fields where they go flat out,Billesden Brook ran well staying on all the way to the line and got the place money so €40 loss on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

16. Wadi Al Salaam
    17/2
    24th Aug AYR 14:10 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y
    14:10

4. Stronsay
    9/1
    24th Aug AYR 14:40 HANDICAP 0m 7f 50y
    14:40

3. Bumbledom
    7/1
    24th Aug AYR 15:10 HANDICAP 0m 7f 50y
    15:10

6. Greengage
    12/1
    24th Aug AYR 15:40 HANDICAP 1m 2f 0y
    15:40

Ultimate Getaway is we fancied to win on his first run over hurdles in the 3.50 at Southwell.
    Would appear to have only one to beat here and I am told that he will be up with the pace and may force it to get the top off the bridle,near enough a maximum at 6 to 4 from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ultimate Getaway is we fancied to win on his first run over hurdles in the 3.50 at Southwell.
    Would appear to have only one to beat here and I am told that he will be up with the pace and may force it to get the top off the bridle,near enough a maximum at 6 to 4 from what I hear.

really struggled in the home straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭xlogo

Ultimate Getaway is we fancied to win on his first run over hurdles in the 3.50 at Southwell. Would appear to have only one to beat here and I am told that he will be up with the pace and may force it to get the top off the bridle,near enough a maximum at 6 to 4 from what I hear.

Who gives you the info - Paddy Power 🙂

Sorry about that the word was genuine and the market spoke for the horse but he faded tamely enough.

That's the downside of putting up info and I may reconsider not wanting to contribute to others losing money.

xlogo wrote: »
    Who gives you the info - Paddy Power ��

You are a smart lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭xlogo

Sorry about that the word was genuine and the market spoke for the horse but he faded tamely enough.

Only jesting - never doubted the sincerity of the info ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That's the downside of putting up info and I may reconsider not wanting to contribute to others losing money.

100% not was intended by comment it was just feedback on the race, I think everyone here is more up then down from your tips

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Please keep them Coming Zimmer. Best tipster on here imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

First time tipping,

Catterick 12.50 Twice Adaay, currently 12/1 18/1 earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

3rd happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

mafitz wrote: »
    3rd happy with that

Yep one to look for next time out seemed to get the idea.

If Seas of Elzaam handles the ground he should go close 2.25 Catt.

• Advertisement

Wise Eagle runs in the 6.oc at Lingfield with a chance,the horse is a good price so a little ew is advised.

Storming in 4.45 Goodwood is not the most reliable but off 65 can win the 4.45 at Goodwood well handicapped,goes on the ground and acts on the track,has an ok rider onboard in this amateur handicap.
    At 7 to 1 is an ew bet.

A few each way to pass time of day

Southwell
    2.10 Quickly Does It
    2.40 Dark Shot
    3.15 Due a Diamond, Gently Spoken
    3.50 Honey Gg, Robot Boy
    4.25 Filament of Gold

Ripon
    2.20 Hats Off To Larry
    2.55 Blistering Barney
    3.30 Forus
    4.35 Quoteline Direct NAP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

I like Mr Poy in the 5:15, back on turf. Looked to have potential on debut, slightly disappointing on two runs since on the aw. 9/2

For the interest.

Kempton
    1.15 Alvaro
    1.45 Rakematiz
    2.45 Spirit of Rowdown
    3.15 Viola Park, True Belief
    3.45 Impatient
    4.15 Last Surprise
    4.50 Geetanjali

Will go each way on them

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Think I'll have a small e/w follow on Geetanjali JDoyle is riding through a good spell...

I backed Chazza in the 4.25 at N A.
    Won a good Point to point in Ireland and won his Bumper nicely,well beaten on first run over hurdles when probably up against it and it was 8 lengths back to the third.
    The fav was useful on the flat and now with Paul Nicholls might have a future at this game but I prefer a good jumping type over an unexposed flat recruit and give Chazza a real good chance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

For a little interest I've done a small e/w L15 full of dreams: Absolutedream, dreamseller, Iamadreamer, Siennadream

A few more for t'evening

Hamilton
    5.45 Quanah
    6.15 Granite City Doc
    7.15 Reaver, Flying Moon
    7.45 Kayewhykelly

Ripon
    4.00 Tanasoq, Zumurud, Music Society
    4.35 Mr Nice Guy, Bolt N Brown

Couple a shorties there, and I will go win.
    Each way the rest.

Gluck everyboardsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    I like Mr Poy in the 5:15, back on turf. Looked to have potential on debut, slightly disappointing on two runs since on the aw. 9/2

Didn’t see the race but looks like a poor run, don’t think I’ll be giving Mr Poy another chance soon.

Advertisement