Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I backed Chazza in the 4.25 at N A.
    Won a good Point to point in Ireland and won his Bumper nicely,well beaten on first run over hurdles when probably up against it and it was 8 lengths back to the third.
    The fav was useful on the flat and now with Paul Nicholls might have a future at this game but I prefer a good jumping type over an unexposed flat recruit and give Chazza a real good chance today.

I believe luck evens itself out,if thats the case i am due a few winners,it was too early to say whether or not Chazza might have won but he was travelling well in front before coming down 3 out,however the winner only scrambled home from one who had not done much,Chazza will be watched and has gone into the tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Just one bet for me today.

5.35 Wolverhampton, Lead Singer, around 6/4 or 7/4'ish. I've backed it to win.

Varian sends two to France today with chances,the one I like is Angel Power in the 5. 30.
    I also backed Bird Fo Life in the last at Chelmsford 8.50.
    This is a 2 mile handicap where a few fancied ones are not certain to stay,topweight Colwood is likely to go off in front and could set it up for Bird For Life who stays well.ew at 5 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Varian sends two to France today with chances,the one I like is Angel Power in the 5. 30.
    I also backed Bird Fo Life in the last at Chelmsford 8.50.
    This is a 2 mile handicap where a few fancied ones are not certain to stay,topweight Colwood is likely to go off in front and could set it up for Bird For Life who stays well.ew at 5 to 1.

Nice one Zimmer on number one. Now for number 2 to come in. Have it doubled.

Roger Varian has the inform LOOK CLOSELY in the 3.40 at Ascot tomorrow and this winner of his last two races at Ascot might be all the rage for this 1 mile 4 handicap,however Varian also has EMIRATES KNIGHT in the race and i think that EMIRATES KNIGHT may have the edge over the shorter priced Look Closely who won his last two races at the track.

EMIRATES has done most of his recent running on the AW but has form on turf on ground with with a bit of cut in it and is less exposed than his stablemate.
    I will be on my way to Kenmare for the weekend as this race is taking place and i am hoping that EMIRATES KNIGHT will help to keep the cost down by winning.

Whatever the case i will be paying Boyles a visit on sat as there is a good Ascot card and i fancy a couple at this early stage.

• Advertisement

Best bet today (for me) is Shelir 3.30 Thirsk,I have backed Shelir a couple of times since he left Weld in some big field handicaps and he has run well without winning,last time out he surprisingly made all before fading into 6th in a very hot handicap when he appeared to be setting the pace for a well fancied stablemate.
    He was 5th in a big field at Royal Ascot in june off 97 and runs off 89 today.
    I expect that Tudhope will not make the running today an I have backed the horse at 5s.I will back it again in the shops with whoever's is paying 4 places ew and I rate this a very strong bet ew with Danny back on board,OMeara excels with this type horse and i think SHELIR will win better races than this one at Thirsk today and he has to be backed in this sort of company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

5.20 ascot punchbowl flyer 8/1 out there

Sitting outside looking at the lake in the Ring of Kerry golf club sipping a pint,very happy to see Shelir won as he liked and while the other horse ibacked trailed in last it was clear he was not at the races today.

Got a good few quid from Shelir bets and the 5 to 1 I got was particularly pleasing and will help defray the cost of the next couple of nights.

Rajinsky has been 2nd in last 3 races but is genuine and has a great ew chance in the 2.50 at Haydock.

Goes on any ground and stays 2 miles so the trip is ideal today.Ran a good race at York last time and an even better race at Ascot previously.

Pp going 5 places and also top price at 9 to1 makes Rajinsky the days best bet ew.

Salayel 2.30,Shandoz 3.05 and Wiilie John 4.15 are worth a second glance with Varian in such good form.

• Advertisement

4.00 Haydock COUNT D'ORSAY 8/1 Gen. NAP.

Trip and ground conditions should be fine. Trainer Tim Easterby in great form.

4.10 Stratford ONE FORTY SEVEN 8/1 Gen. NB.

Course Winner. Distance should be fine, and the good - good to soft in places ground should suit.
    I'm hoping he's bang there at the end, at a nice price.

3.00 Stratford DARLING MALTAIX 7/2 Gen

Paul Nicholls' gelding makes the most appeal here in this novices' chase. Punters think so as well - the horse
    has seen some early support.

4.15 Ascot TOMFRE 18/1 Boyles, Bit bigger elsewhere.

5 places available here, and at the prices I'm hoping this relatively unexposed 3 yr old can fill one of them.

2.25 Stratford MOVE CLOSER 125/1 Boyles

Something always wins, or places, at a massive price daily. From the relatively unfashionable Alex Hales yard I'm hoping
    the selection can outrun his odds here, and figure in the first 3. Has the benefit of two course runs, and may not have liked the
    soft ground here last time. I think they will get the tactics right today, and can only hope the horse is good enough.

8.00 Wolves CHARLIE D 18/1 Gen

Only 2 places available. The topweight here, and a horse who goes well at the track, including over C & D.

Good luck.

3.35 Stratford

Skeaping 17/2. Gone to a good price now.

8.30 Wolves MYSTIC DRAGON 9/1 Boyles

Has run a few good races over the extended 9 fs here. Looks like today's 12 fs
    should suit. The money is down (backed from 20s), and Oliver Stammers takes off
    7. A good run is in the offing I feel.

9.00 Wolves GIANT STEPS 6/1 Boyles

Has ran over seven furlongs a couple of times here staying on. Tackles the extended
    8 furlongs today, and this should bring about the required improvement.

HY EALES at 25s Boyles, and bigger elsewhere, on only her fourth start perhaps can fill
    one of the minor positions on her first handicap start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

8.30 Wolves MYSTIC DRAGON 9/1 Boyles

Has run a few good races over the extended 9 fs here. Looks like today's 12 fs
    should suit. The money is down (backed from 20s), and Oliver Stammers takes off
    7. A good run is in the offing I feel.

Kinda liked Kirtling in that one, proven over trip & not a bad run back last time. Tough mark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Kinda liked Kirtling in that one, proven over trip & not a bad run back last time. Tough mark though.

I also like Kirtling

Wouldn't be for me that Kirtling. Last ran at the track in March of last year, which was over C & D, which he won. He's nine now, and that win was in a slow enough time. Enough reasons to oppose him I suppose. However, he does go well on the two Tapeta tracks, so can definitely not be ruled out.

If I had to pick a second one in that same race I think Grouseman would be the one. Lightly raced, and his last run over 10fs at Beverley was a big improvement on his first 3 runs Considering the 7/2 available though, it's not exactly a tempting price.

Hope one of us gets the winner in this. I'm quietly confident :)

Well they're both shortening anyway!

Well they're both shortening anyway!

It's gettink excitink now :D :pac:

Let's hope one of us is happy in 3-4 minutes time :P

GAH! Better passage up the straight he'd have got there.

He might have won it yet.. On the bob

He might have won it yet.. On the bob

Just seen it there now on replay, though he'd lost it so was editing my post to say that!

• Advertisement

That's some good picking Lady Haywire. Well done :)

Didn’t see the race, winner?

munster87 wrote: »

Kirtling on the nod :D

munster87 wrote: »

Yes. On the bob, he just got up did Kirtling.

Kirtling on the nod :D

Happy days

Just seen it there now on replay, though he'd lost it so was editing my post to say that!

You're a pessimistic punter Lady :D

You're a pessimistic punter Lady :D

I am, tis the only way to be happy in racing. Expect to lose & then any win is a bonus! Was going to go for Berkshire Philly in the last but I'll just watch & enjoy it instead, can't find one I would punt on so imaginary money :)

4.00 Lingfield BANMI 50/1 Boyles

This filly runs on the turf today in only the second time of what will be her 13th career start.
    Selection was previously with Mohamed Moubarak, and is now with Caroline Dunnett, and will
    be having her 3rd run for her current trainer.

Just a year ago the selection was rated 72, and is now down to a mark of 55. Banmi's latest two
    starts were admittedly poor - finishing 14/15 and 12/12. That being said; those two runs saw the
    filly held up out the back, and it is a poor field today.

I'm thinking maybe the horse will try and make all today, which should give her some chance of
    troubling the judge.

At the price available an each way bet appeals.

Gluck all

6.10 Galway PAKENS ROCK 7/1 Gen

Goes well at the track, and likes soft ground.
    First time in a chase, and nicely priced. If he gets into
    a rhythm from the front 7/1 might look big.
    Worth a small win bet.

6.30 Windsor SACRED BELIEF 22/1 PP

Hoping the step up to 10 fs will suit. A little overpriced I
    think here.

• Advertisement

7.40 Galway BALLYCURRANE BOY 66/1 Boyles

Came a decent fourth on his first run in a race ran in a good time.
    Price seems pretty generous, and can be backed at 80s with some online books.

DARING LORD for Norman Lee in the same race has seen some money, so probably a
    big run expected.

Advertisement