Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

A couple at Catterick

1.40 AMELIA R 16/1 PP, Boyles

This filly runs at all sorts of trips and can give a good account here.
    She ran okay the last time she was at the course - that was in August
    of last year over 5f, and she's only 4, so banking on her being somewhat
    unexposed. Small trainer R Craggs might want to land a punt at some stage,
    so there's that too. Definitely worth an each way bet for me.

2.15 SOMEONE EXCITING 12/1 PP, Boyles

6f and soft ground should suit this 3 time course winner. The mare can win at this
    time of the year. Another each way shot.

An each way hit and hope also at Catterick

3.25 ANEEDH 100/1 PP, Boyles

On his day this horse is capable of running into a place.
    Still racing at 10, and sports a first time visor. A small
    each way can't hurt at the large odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Was in Pp today collecting a few quid having already decided not to have a bet when I saw that Mesmeric,a horse I had in a tracker as needing a longer trip was run ing in the 4.10.
    Was with Mark Johnstone when I put him in my tracker but is now with John Wainright.
    Having been gelded and having first run for new yard probably will not be too busy and stepped up a lot in trip,however i foolishly?stuck a tenner ew on at 50 to 1,whatever happens today I will keep an eye on the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Just got word for one at punchestown
    Humm baby 10/1 EW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    Just got word for one at punchestown
    Humm baby 10/1 EW

Finished 5th didn't see the race so don't know how he fair in it as in was he unlucky or just well beat.

• Advertisement

There are a couple of good handicaps in Doncaster tomorrow worth a second glance,best bet goes in the 3.45.

DEREVO has run 3 good races in big field handicaps on his last 3 runs when ridden by Ryan Moore,has a very good ew chance in this race though only dropped a pound,the 4 year old is lightly raced and with several paying 4 places DEREVO is very good ew bet at the quoted price of 11/2.

In the last at 4.15 Eeh Bah Gum is thrown in on best form and showed that turn is near with a very good run last time,has a good deal in hand on his best form but as this is a 5 furlong sprint t would not take less than 5/1 and if i cant get that price i wont get involved.

Wednesday's each way hit and hope

8.15 Wolverhampton CAPPELLA FELLA 50/1 Boyle's - bigger with some of the online books.

Sarah Hollinshead's 3 yr old has a squeak; if he can follow/lie up with the pace, provided it's
    not too fast. There are a few frontrunners in this Class 6 Claiming Stakes, and it might pay to
    stay on the rails maybe 5+ lengths off the one in front, as it will most likely be very quick given
    the calibre (pretty cr*p) of horse taking part.

It's a poor horse, but Probert seemed to get some sort of tune out of him when he rode the
    selection 4 times in a row - twice at the end of last year, and it's first 2 starts this year. Three out
    of four of those runs were probably his best; out of his 11 in total, while never having won.

A place be grand here - no surprise though if he wins or finishes tailed off. The horse is a nice price
    which is the main concern, and is not out of it on the strength of 1 or two of his runs at the course.

Gluck. Will try and find a few for tomorrow. Don't know if I'll back this one yet.

The 2.10 at Doncaster is a class2 handicap over the unusual distance of 6 and a half furlongs with 11 runners,PP GOES 4 PLACES online which is generous if one fancies an ew bet,i have already backed CHIEFOFCHIEFS at 8/1 ew and despite his big weight i think he has the class to win it.

Versatile with trip and ground he is a credit to his trainer who is excellent with older horses and should have CHIEF ready for this,was running over further in the past (won over 10 and 8 furlongs) has won over 6 furlongs this year for Buick, can win for him again now and at the price is a decent ew bet.

In the 3.45 i will have a few quid ew on ROYAL SCMITAR,he disappointed me last time when 4th in a group 3 at York but was impressive when winning first time out at Newbury and the 2nd was a good winner today at Doncaster,plenty 8/1 available and more in places so ew is the bet.

Did anyone think Colin Keane won the 4.45 Leop?and what a price.

I watched it on my phone twice and still thought he was beaten,what a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Taking a chance on Thunderoad in the 2:10 at Bath tomorrow. Horse far prefers the all weather but I think the 8/1 is fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Did anyone think Colin Keane won the 4.45 Leop?and what a price.

I watched it on my phone twice and still thought he was beaten,what a man.

Sure he was bet ,quickened to win and then headed , but got back up

Excellent racing at the Curragh on sunday and i will be backing the following horses.

In the 2.oc (a 25 runner handicap over 6 furlongs) luck will play a part as jockeys scrimmage for position,Richard Fahey sends MR LUPTON over from the UK and has made a shrewd move in getting Colin Keane to ride.

Its not difficult to imagine Fahey or his rep telling Keanes agent that MR LUPTON has a very good chance of landing the big pot.

The horse has run well in races such as this and has plenty of group race form and is actually well handicapped. and is a standout price of 11/1 with PP who are paying 6 places online.

MR LUPTON was beaten less than a length in one of the most competitive 6 furlong handicaps of the year (the Great st Wilfrid at Ripon) last time out and given luck in running will go close here.
    In the 4.40,a group 1 i am backing FUJAIRA PRINCE who goes straight to a group 1 from handicaps,FUJAIRA was off for a year before hacking up in an Ascot handicap before winning the Ebor after a 9 lbs rise.

With over 232,000 up for grabs here Varian puts him in to group level and he may well be right as the horse is lightly raced and may be still improving even at 6 and with just 8 runners is an ew bet at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Looks like the odds plummeted overnight for Mr Lumpton, PP must be keeping an eye on here. Still happy to get in a 7/1. Zimmermania strikes again, GL in 4.40

3.35 Wolverhampton FIRCOMBE HALL 18/1 PP, Boyles

Has a chance going on his first run's form. The colt was staying on that day over 5fs.
    He hasn't done much since, and needs to break better, but his last run over C & D was
    okayish. I'd give him an each way chance in this Nursery.

^^^^^^^^

Rubbish

Usual monday fare,i think POINT OF HONOUR 4.45 Thirsk is worth a bet.
    The form of his win is working out well with several good runs from those behind him,its low grade stuff but i think POINT OF HONOUR can win for the 2nd time today,his last run was ok though a well beaten 2nd on heavy he was still well clear of the rest and his win was on today's ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

3.25 Lingfield, Clog Maker, around 2/1. Had a nice win bet on the horse.

Usual monday fare,i think POINT OF HONOUR 4.45 Thirsk is worth a bet.
    The form of his win is working out well with several good runs from those behind him,its low grade stuff but i think POINT OF HONOUR can win for the 2nd time today,his last run was ok though a well beaten 2nd on heavy he was still well clear of the rest and his win was on today's ground.

Heavily backed, out the back early and stayed there.

WALLYAK showed a good turn of foot last time and might be better than listed class in the 3.10 Yarmouth.Got 4/1 so backed it ew with the stable in good form.

Don't facy a lot friday but will have a tenner reverse forecast on the 7.15 at Kempton,its a 2 mile handicap and the 2 i like are BIRD FOR LIFE and TIGERTEN.

i have not looked at the irish meetings yet but the only two of interest to me in the UK are BIRD OF LIFE and TIGERTEN and as well as the forecast i may back one of them ew after i look at the race a bit more in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Don't facy a lot friday but will have a tenner reverse forecast on the 7.15 at Kempton,its a 2 mile handicap and the 2 i like are BIRD FOR LIFE and TIGERTEN.

i have not looked at the irish meetings yet but the only two of interest to me in the UK are BIRD OF LIFE and TIGERTEN and as well as the forecast i may back one of them ew after i look at the race a bit more in the morning.

Will there be any jockeys there? There was some crew of the at Pe Smullen's funeral...tongue in cheek...

Plenty of really competitive,big field handicaps on sat and winner finding will be difficult.But with plenty of extra places and some fancy prices an ew lucky 15 might be the way to go.

Newbury 2.15 GOOOD BIRTHDAY was 3rd in the Cambridgeshire last year off 8 lbs higher,that race takes place at the end of the month and Good Birthday would have a very good chance.

He was only going through the motions in his first few runs this season until showing up well in his last race at Kempton and would appear to be ready to strike now off his lenient mark.
    It is always possible that he may wait for the Cambridgeshire and hunt around in 4th or 5th but my feeling is that he will be doing his best here and can still be competitive in the Cambridgeshire even with a penalty,9/1 and 4 places here and there makes this a good ew bet.

The Ayr Silver cup at 2.30 has 25 runners and luck in running will be required,Danny Tudhope rides Muscika rather than ARBALET and i think he may have picked the wrong one.
    ARBALET drops in trip from 7 to 6 furlongs but this will be run at a very fast pace and ARBALET can fly home for Josephine Gordon 22/1 and 6 places makes it an ew bet.

The Ayr Gold cup at 3.40 sees Tudhope ride Wise Counsel for Clive Cox (he won the horse) despite his stable having two runners.

Wise Counsel must have a chance but i prefer c and d winner ARECIBO who runs well in these big handicaps and has a very good chance given luck in running,Spanish City also has a chance for Varian but for me its ARECIBO 6 places around 14/1.

Ayr 4.15 SHELIR bolted up 2 weeks ago and though up a grade can win again as he was most impressive.
    small stakes ew lucky 15 topped up with a few tenner ew singles.
    edit 7 places on the 3.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lucky 15 for me today. 4 horses from the tracker. Market is up and down on them. All have a good chance imo.

1.10 arthur fonzarelli

1.55 addeybb

2.25 ask henry

3.50 ocean wind

With PP going 7 places online i backed both ARECIBO and SPANISH CITY (tenners ew ),ARECIBO still my main fancy but SPANISH CITY has bits of form that give him a chance and trainer often puts up a claimer on fancied ones in handicaps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PP also doing money back as a free bet on the 2.15 if 2nd 3rd or 4th for win part of bet of each way singles max 10, for those interested in Good Birthday, like Tesco, every little helps.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    PP also doing money back as a free bet on the 2.15 if 2nd 3rd or 4th for win part of bet of each way singles max 10, for those interested in Good Birthday, like Tesco, every little helps.

I saw that but greed may have got the better of me I put €25 ew at 9s in Lads as Pp were going 15 to 2 at the time and I get a quarter in Lads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Presumed it was with PP as they are 9/1 now aswell.

Not much time but i was told LINE OF DEPARTURE has a chance in the 3.25 Newbury.

With PP going 7 places online i backed both ARECIBO and SPANISH CITY (tenners ew ),ARECIBO still my main fancy but SPANISH CITY has bits of form that give him a chance and trainer often puts up a claimer on fancied ones in handicaps.

SPANISH CITY looked home until caught by the fav placed at 22/1,ARECIBO looked to have no chance a furlong out but made up a huge amount of ground to finish 7th at 28/1 and paddy paid 7 places so i am happy enough to get paid on both in the toughest sprint of the year.

• Advertisement

Plenty of really competitive,big field handicaps on sat and winner finding will be difficult.But with plenty of extra places and some fancy prices an ew lucky 15 might be the way to go.

Newbury 2.15 GOOOD BIRTHDAY was 3rd in the Cambridgeshire last year off 8 lbs higher,that race takes place at the end of the month and Good Birthday would have a very good chance.

He was only going through the motions in his first few runs this season until showing up well in his last race at Kempton and would appear to be ready to strike now off his lenient mark.
    It is always possible that he may wait for the Cambridgeshire and hunt around in 4th or 5th but my feeling is that he will be doing his best here and can still be competitive in the Cambridgeshire even with a penalty,9/1 and 4 places here and there makes this a good ew bet.

The Ayr Silver cup at 2.30 has 25 runners and luck in running will be required,Danny Tudhope rides Muscika rather than ARBALET and i think he may have picked the wrong one.
    ARBALET drops in trip from 7 to 6 furlongs but this will be run at a very fast pace and ARBALET can fly home for Josephine Gordon 22/1 and 6 places makes it an ew bet.

The Ayr Gold cup at 3.40 sees Tudhope ride Wise Counsel for Clive Cox (he won the horse) despite his stable having two runners.

Wise Counsel must have a chance but i prefer c and d winner ARECIBO who runs well in these big handicaps and has a very good chance given luck in running,Spanish City also has a chance for Varian but for me its ARECIBO 6 places around 14/1.

Ayr 4.15 SHELIR bolted up 2 weeks ago and though up a grade can win again as he was most impressive.
    small stakes ew lucky 15 topped up with a few tenner ew singles.
    edit 7 places on the 3.40.

Good Birthday not beaten far but looked to me as if this was a prep for the Cambbridgeshire and i will have a few quid on even though i have Fifth Position backed at 16s for the race already.
    Arbalet ran well running on to be a short head and a half length out of the places.

Spanish City and Arecibo both running very well to be placed at very big prices and Shelir run out of it close home but securing the placed money in 3rd.

Happy enough to come out ahead punting on todays very competitive handicaps.

Advertisement