Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Think Roundabout Magic has a great chance in the first @ Lingers (11/4).

4-time C&D winner and on the clock is the fastest in the field at the course to date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I posted that Abe Lincoln was unlucky in march 2016 when the horse finished 10th of 11 in a listed race at Lingfield,being badly hampered.

Ran 5th next time in a class 3 handicap at York when again finding trouble in the 20 runner race.

He then ran at Royal Ascot and was btn a short head at 20/1,something obviously went wrong after that when he was off for 370 days before starting fav for the Hunt Cup at Ascot,being beaten about 6 lengths.
    Started 2nd fav for a class 2 handicap a month later and ran no sort of race.

Off for 152 days before showing he still retained some ability when 3rd behind Mutawthea in another class 2 handicap on 17/12/2017 before showing a good turn of foot to win a class 5 novice stakes by a neck (a race he was entitled to win on ratings ) on january 29th at WOL.

He quickened really well that day having looked beaten and very easily in the end.I doubt if Noseda would persevere with the horse unless he thought he could win good races with him and increase his stud value.

He runs in a trappy little class 3 today at Ling 3 oc and i hope he can come late and win like the the horse i think he is before going up in class.At 2/1 this looks a real good bet to me.

think Eminem takes that race for me

Abe Lincoln fails to deliver more often than not, a magnet for trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Thanks lads.

Lon time lurker here. enjoy reading all the posts

Doubled up with Abe lincoln and roundabout magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

oppiuy wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

Lon time lurker here. enjoy reading all the posts

Doubled up with Abe lincoln and roundabout magic.

Aftertiming scum ;)

Sorry about the After timing, It was more of a thank you post to the 2 lads.. Small accumulator still running. Thinking of cashing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Sorry about the After timing, It was more of a thank you post to the 2 lads.. Small accumulator still running. Thinking of cashing out

Good luck with Smiley Bagel here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

You're probably safe enough as I'm on betsalottie and I can't pick a winner lately (nice enough cashout though)

Dropped to 86 now.. Ill let it run

Collared by the 25-1 outsider in a photo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I posted that Abe Lincoln was unlucky in march 2016 when the horse finished 10th of 11 in a listed race at Lingfield,being badly hampered.

Ran 5th next time in a class 3 handicap at York when again finding trouble in the 20 runner race.

He then ran at Royal Ascot and was btn a short head at 20/1,something obviously went wrong after that when he was off for 370 days before starting fav for the Hunt Cup at Ascot,being beaten about 6 lengths.
    Started 2nd fav for a class 2 handicap a month later and ran no sort of race.

Off for 152 days before showing he still retained some ability when 3rd behind Mutawthea in another class 2 handicap on 17/12/2017 before showing a good turn of foot to win a class 5 novice stakes by a neck (a race he was entitled to win on ratings ) on january 29th at WOL.

He quickened really well that day having looked beaten and very easily in the end.I doubt if Noseda would persevere with the horse unless he thought he could win good races with him and increase his stud value.

He runs in a trappy little class 3 today at Ling 3 oc and i hope he can come late and win like the the horse i think he is before going up in class.At 2/1 this looks a real good bet to me.

Well done on Abe Lincoln, picked up well again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Compatriot looked very good when coming through the field to win on his first UK run for new connections over a mile and a half at Wol 8 days ago.

Well backed that day going off at 5/4 under the very good irish amateur Lisa ONeill.What was surprising about that run was the fact that Compatriot had never run beyond 8 furlongs and was backed when 2nd over 7 furlongs at Dundalk last november.

Why John Murphy did not run him over further we do not know and he is odds on to follow up in the 3 50 at Wol tomorrow.

As impressive as he was, the race was run to suit and the gaps opened as required and it all looked very easy though the time was slow enough.

He might turn out to be well ahead of his mark and win this in style,but at the price i will not be backing him.

The bet for me is Mrs Burbidge,whose form over 12 furlongs on the AW reads 4--1--3--3--5--2--2 and who has also won 4 or 5 hurdle races.The mare is sure to give her running and looks a bet to nothing ew at around 13/2 and could drift a bit.

She stays further and if there is any pace on she may outstay the fav.

Three taken out changes things a bit as now only 2 places.I have taken the 7/1 ew with PP but 7 runners means i had to reduce my stake.

EDIT.

Newcastle called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

fun e/w bets, singles and lucky, all for pennys won from free spins

01 Mar 2018 - 3:05 Meydan - Win
    Tip It
    El Chapo @ 15.00
    01 Mar 2018 - 4:15 Meydan - Win
    Tip It
    Oh This Is Us @ 10.00
    01 Mar 2018 - 4:50 Meydan - Win
    Tip It
    Canndera @ 26.00
    01 Mar 2018 - 5:25 Meydan - Win
    Tip It
    Jupiter Light @ 11.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Trap 5 in the 9.09 at Crayford is something of a dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

How do you figure dead cert ? He's 5/1 and fav is 7/4

bassy wrote: »
    How do you figure dead cert ? He's 5/1 and fav is 7/4

Okay dead cert is a term that should never be used. But very overpriced, very strong dog, been watching him in his previous races.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Jim Gazebo wrote:

Lost

hurler97 wrote: »
    Lost

Saw that. Disappointed. Cheers for being quick to point it out.

Cousin Khee was very impressive over c d last time,has not had many chances over staying trips on the flat and travelled so well last time that he must be backed for a repeat.

Gets on well with his apprentice rider and looks very good value. Some punters do not like backing veterans (Cousin Khee is 11) but my experience is that older horses do well in staying races and i expect him to win the 4 20 at Southwell and is a strong bet for me.

Like KINGSTREET LADY in the 2:15 @ Southwell. Should have too much speed for these. (Just over 2/1 on Betfair).

• Advertisement

They are both very promising. Double comes out over 11/1 on bet365 if anyones interested.

In Dublin Airport,heading to Portugal to escape the cold and I see you all got stuck in to my fancy for Southwell today only 9 to 4 and some 5 to 2 available from the 7 to 2 earlier

4:20 Epitaph in the capable hands of luke morris looks the bet to me 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Cousin Khee was very impressive over c d last time,has not had many chances over staying trips on the flat and travelled so well last time that he must be backed for a repeat.

Gets on well with his apprentice rider and looks very good value. Some punters do not like backing veterans (Cousin Khee is 11) but my experience is that older horses do well in staying races and i expect him to win the 4 20 at Southwell and is a strong bet for me.

Firstly well done on the 7/2 winner you were due one after the horrible run of form!
    In Dublin Airport,heading to Portugal to escape the cold and I see you all got stuck in to my fancy for Southwell today only 9 to 4 and some 5 to 2 available from the 7 to 2 earlier

Secondly it is posts like this that make you come across like a narcissistic prick and is probably the reason why most see you as being a spoofer.

You know as well as I do that Cousin Khee was blue across the board when you 'tipped' it it up so was already shortening. Also the weight of money from people getting stuck into your fancy would be pretty insignificant towards moving the price. Even in a mickey mouse race at Southwell

It was 1 19 when i said the horse was a very good bet and i had backed it at 11 to 4 .I was attempting to be funny when i said boardies must have got stuck in as i am well aware of what is required to shorten up a horse.
    I have no idea of what anyone on here thinks of me other than a few who have sent me pms  usually after something you have posted in relation to me,
    It is utterly stupid of you to allege that most people see me as being a spoofer when you cannot back it up with any facts.
    I will leave it to others to judge who is a spoofer while i enjoy a few beers after a nice meal in Vilamoura paid for by the bookies,who will be paying for a good few more as a result of the good bet i had on Cousin Khee and the excellent sp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sp was 9/4

Peppay Le Pugh has never won a race in almost twenty starts but I think he just might take the 2:50 @ Southwell today all the same.

Chase debut last time out was his best run to date and he was eased down a little by Brian Hughes when felt he could do no better than come 2nd.

On at 7/2 but bits of 10/3 about still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

It was 1 19 when i said the horse was a very good bet and i had backed it at 11 to 4 .I was attempting to be funny when i said boardies must have got stuck in as i am well aware of what is required to shorten up a horse.
    I have no idea of what anyone on here thinks of me other than a few who have sent me pms  usually after something you have posted in relation to me,
    It is utterly stupid of you to allege that most people see me as being a spoofer when you cannot back it up with any facts.
    I will leave it to others to judge who is a spoofer while i enjoy a few beers after a nice meal in Vilamoura paid for by the bookies,who will be paying for a good few more as a result of the good bet i had on Cousin Khee and the excellent sp.

Usually wouldn't comment on something like this but your comments about bookies paying for so much as a result of an 11/4 bet? You must be backing big stakes. What about the 20 or so horses you posted in here in a row that were losers? At those stakes I dread the losses. Really sounds like spoofing as a result. And that's from someone who enjoys reading your selections, even if they are losers so often.

I would not say I posted 20 in a row that were losers but when I really fancy one I give a more in depth write up and stake vary according to how strong I fancy one.There must be something wrong with a guy who seems to have an obsescion with my posts and uses profane language to describe me.I do my own thing and I do not mind what anyone posts and I will continue to do so. I hope the mods do something about banning those who use bad language.

• Advertisement

I would not say I posted 20 in a row that were losers but when I really fancy one I give a more in depth write up and stake vary according to how strong I fancy one.There must be something wrong with a guy who seems to have an obsescion with my posts and uses profane language to describe me.I do my own thing and I do not mind what anyone posts and I will continue to do so. I hope the mods do something about banning those who use bad language.

Indeed, and people wonder why more people dont post here :confused:

You cant even post up a perfectly good winner well before the event without getting abuse and plenty of favourites lose, be an easy job if they didnt.
    The horse doesn't know what price it is, its just punters taking a punt that drives the price down and makes them a favourite.

many of you have won good money off zimmer and he has to put up with this

Advertisement