Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Mod Hat:

Lads, cut out the rubbish please. We're all here for the same reasons (have a bit of craic, beat the bookmakers, etc.) and I don't want to ban people as a result of squabbling. Next person who drags the thread off-top or gets personal is gonezo for a while. Last, last warning before the hammer comes out!

633645003725135464.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I give Hamdany a chance in the 7 45 at Wol,has been a little disappointing on his last 2 runs and has a couple of inform horses to beat.
    The 7 lb claim of Malune means he is possibly well handicapped and worth a modest bet this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Discoverie in the first @ Catterick.

4/1 (with Paddy's) seems a decent price to me.

Brian Hughes up and last time he rode the horse it won.

7:40 Kempton - Mr Bossy Boots - 1.50pts @ 8/1 (General)

It's nearly a couple of years since Mr Bossy Boots has managed to get his head in-front but he has dropped from a peak mark of 96 to 84 and should prove capable of winning a Class 4 contest in the not too distant future. Indeed, he only found one too good on his penultimate start over C&D when Bobby Wheeler bounced back to show his true worth and that form took a boost with the third home, Arnarson, winning at Chelmsford next time. The selection didn't exactly step forward on his sole start since but that was in a hot Class 3 at Lingfield and he was drawn very wide in stall twelve. It led to a less than ideal trip through from the start and I feel that his petrol was used in the early part of the contest, which isn't what he wants. He takes a while to wind up these days, so it's easy to understand why connections might think they should sit as handy as possible when he does break well (and it'll yield good runs on occasions, no doubt), but I'd much rather position him in mid-division off a solid gallop and see what happens in the straight. If they do go a proper pace from the off here, it could well get interesting in the closing stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Like Discoverie in the first @ Catterick.

4/1 (with Paddy's) seems a decent price to me.

Brian Hughes up and last time he rode the horse it won.

Great call, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

x PyRo wrote: »
    7:40 Kempton - Mr Bossy Boots - 1.50pts @ 8/1 (General)

It's nearly a couple of years since Mr Bossy Boots has managed to get his head in-front but he has dropped from a peak mark of 96 to 84 and should prove capable of winning a Class 4 contest in the not too distant future. Indeed, he only found one too good on his penultimate start over C&D when Bobby Wheeler bounced back to show his true worth and that form took a boost with the third home, Arnarson, winning at Chelmsford next time. The selection didn't exactly step forward on his sole start since but that was in a hot Class 3 at Lingfield and he was drawn very wide in stall twelve. It led to a less than ideal trip through from the start and I feel that his petrol was used in the early part of the contest, which isn't what he wants. He takes a while to wind up these days, so it's easy to understand why connections might think they should sit as handy as possible when he does break well (and it'll yield good runs on occasions, no doubt), but I'd much rather position him in mid-division off a solid gallop and see what happens in the straight. If they do go a proper pace from the off here, it could well get interesting in the closing stages.

Jaysus it came last!

Great call, thanks!

Cheers.

Even though I fancied it, I was still surprised to see him backed down to 5/4. If I've backed something on Betfair early doors and that happens I'll often give thoughts to cashing out and so took a look at what Paddy's were offering just before the off and just thought to myself 'Would ya fcuk off! :p'.

PPCash_Out.png

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Jaysus it came last!

He did indeed. The joys of horse racing I'm afraid. They're animals - things go wrong. Thankfully it's a long-term game, never about one bet. Hopefully the next won't copy him, mind!

Edit: Following the race, the Veterinary Officer reported that MR BOSSY BOOTS (IRE), unplaced, had bled from the nose.

That explains it. He burst.

x PyRo wrote: »
    He did indeed. The joys of horse racing I'm afraid. They're animals - things go wrong. Thankfully it's a long-term game, never about one bet. Hopefully the next won't copy him, mind!

Edit: Following the race, the Veterinary Officer reported that MR BOSSY BOOTS (IRE), unplaced, had bled from the nose.

That explains it. He burst.

Wow. I know, I had discoverie from the first poster and put a fiver on them in a double for 150. Bit of craic, hope there's an easy recovery from that for the horse. Can't see much I like today I'm afraid, stick to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Wow. I know, I had discoverie from the first poster and put a fiver on them in a double for 150. Bit of craic, hope there's an easy recovery from that for the horse. Can't see much I like today I'm afraid, stick to football.

aftertiming (subtle)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

akelly02 wrote: »
    aftertiming (subtle)
    If you have a problem with a post, report it. Thanks

Like SKYWARDS REWARD in the 2.20 @ Ayr today (11/4 on Betfair).

Runs with a penalty but it's not the best of races and on the form of his last run he looks to have the beating of the field on what they've shown so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Tip for Paddy Twomey's in the 7.00 Dundalk

I know Buveur Dair shouldn't be near beaten, but I fancy Wicklow Brave tomorrow in the 3.30 at Cheltenham. Seems to like soft ground, been watching him the whole way along praying for soft. Have a tenner on him for the win at 20/1 from 3 weeks ago.

Anything can happen ☺

Getabird in the 1 30,short in the betting but should win.
    Saint Calvados might upset the irish in the 2 10.
    Jury Duty for Gordon Elliot in the 4 50.
    de Plotting Shed also trained by Elliot can go well in the 5 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

my chelt chancers
    1:30 first flow 12-1 \ us and them 40-1
    2:10 Petit Mouchoir 4-1
    2:50 5 places vincente 16-1 \ coo star sivola 6-1 \ vintage clouds 8-1
    3:30 wicklow brave 14-1
    4:10 la bauge au roi 6-1 \ kayf grace 20-1
    4:50 4 places mossback 6-1
    5:30 6 places kayf adventure 28-1 \ mister whittaker 7-1

edit, obviously all mine are e/w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

So many selections from all the reliables today, hard to know what to follow :pac:

Like Melon @ 5/2 (Betfair) to place in the Champion Hurdle.

my chelt chancers
    1:30 first flow 12-1 \ us and them 40-1
    2:10 Petit Mouchoir 4-1
    2:50 5 places vincente 16-1 \ coo star sivola 6-1 \ vintage clouds 8-1
    3:30 wicklow brave 14-1
    4:10 la bauge au roi 6-1 \ kayf grace 20-1
    4:50 4 places mossback 6-1
    5:30 6 places kayf adventure 28-1 \ mister whittaker 7-1

edit, obviously all mine are e/w

first win of the day for me and a placer
    coo star sivola 6-1 WON \ vintage clouds 8-1 PLACED 3rd

mister whittaker is a serious bet for me

Like Melon @ 5/2 (Betfair) to place in the Champion Hurdle.

very unlucky for the win

• Advertisement

PP money back as free bet if 2nd all races at Newcastle,i visited a few offices backing Solid Man at 10/11 in the 7 45.

This is only available in the offices.

first win of the day for me and a placer
    coo star sivola 6-1 WON \ vintage clouds 8-1 PLACED 3rd

mister whittaker is a serious bet for me

main bet comes in!

hope some of you took the hint and followed

PP money back as free bet if 2nd all races at Newcastle,i visited a few offices backing Solid Man at 10/11 in the 7 45.

This is only available in the offices.

Not so solid as the beast was not fast enough,so a clean sweep for the books today.

Not so solid as the beast was not fast enough,so a clean sweep for the books today.

bad luck but

feck wish i had looked at this race, plansina 22-1 winner and beat odds on oil last time in jan as well, just the sort of bet i like!

chelt e/w's tomorrow

1:30 Black Op 10-1
    2:10 Black Corton 15/2
    2:50 6 places
    william henry 8-1
    topofthegame 11-1
    4:50 grand sancy 18-1
    5:30 felix desjy 13/2

I have already backed 2 at decent prices for Cheltenham tuesday.

Black Corton in the 2 10 has struck up a very good partnership with Bryony Frost winning a bunch of novice chases in good style.Bryony is probably going to be the best female over jumps and at 15/2 with PP represents very good ew value.

One that might underestimated in the betting for the ultra competitive 2 50 is The Organist trained by Oliver Sherwood for J P who always likes one to be laid out for this meeting.

The Organist stays further and that will be an asset on the ground.Has run well at Cheltenham in the past and is well worth ew support at 25/1 and will be running on up the hill.PP are going 6 places and The Organist looks a value bet and could go off shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I have already backed 2 at decent prices for Cheltenham tuesday.

Black Corton in the 2 10 has struck up a very good partnership with Bryony Frost winning a bunch of novice chases in good style.Bryony is probably going to be the best female over jumps and at 15/2 with PP represents very good ew value.

One that might underestimated in the betting for the ultra competitive 2 50 is The Organist trained by Oliver Sherwood for J P who always likes one to be laid out for this meeting.

The Organist stays further and that will be an asset on the ground.Has run well at Cheltenham in the past and is well worth ew support at 25/1 and will be running on up the hill.PP are going 6 places and The Organist looks a value bet and could go off shorter.

I can't remember if PP were offering four or five places in the 2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

PP are paying on The Organist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Seanachai wrote: »
    I can't remember if PP were offering four or five places in the 2.50

6 places

• Advertisement

chelt e/w's tomorrow

1:30 Black Op 10-1 placed 2nd
    2:10 Black Corton 15/2 lost
    2:50 6 places
    william henry 8-1 placed