Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

4.30 Sidetracked 5/1
    7.40 Carmenere 10/1

3.30 Irregularheartbeat9/1
    4.20 Tokaramore 11/2
    4.30 Westy fox 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

WISE EAGLE seems to have improved for stepping up in trip and has run well in 3 AW bumpers,off a good mark now back on the flat and his useful rider takes off a handy 3 lbs.

Travels strongly in his races and if held up until late he can win the 4.55 at Newcastle and is certainly worth an ew bet.

WISE EAGLE seems to have improved for stepping up in trip and has run well in 3 AW bumpers,off a good mark now back on the flat and his useful rider takes off a handy 3 lbs.

Travels strongly in his races and if held up until late he can win the 4.55 at Newcastle and is certainly worth an ew bet.

A bit of a punt taking place to judge by the betting,7/1 when i posted and as low as 2/1 in places now.

Should we buy him back.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Aptly names presenting meghan looks like it has a good chance at 5/1 in the opener in the irish racing today

• Advertisement

Good racing saturday despite getting close to Cheltenham.

MORAAHEQ 6.20 IS SHORT AT 11/10 in the 6.20 Chelmsford but should be able to make all in his first handicap for Roger Varian.

HIGHLAND DRESS is 4/1 to win the 2.05 at Wol and should go very close from the front.

TADLEEL is in good form and can improve again to go well in the 2.40 at Wol where PP is paying 4 places and at 6/1 TADLEEL is a good ew bet.

The Imperial cup 2.25 Sandown is always a very competitive handicap where it normally pays to oppose the fav,There is a hot fav in the race this year in the lightly raced Natural History who is supposed to be very well handicapped but these "snips" very often get undone and i am backing ONE TRUE KING who appears to be trained for the race as his last two runs have been over too far a trip and he has run a couple of good races in Cheltenham handicaps and would appear to have been laid out for this.

His trainer has won it twice in the last 4 years and despite being a front runner ONE TRUE KING can get a lot of them in trouble and even if passed always battles onand with a nice weight 10-11 he can repay support ew at 9/1 PP goes 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

MORAAHEQ 6.20 IS SHORT AT 11/10 in the 6.20 Chelmsford but should be able to make all in his first handicap for Roger Varian.

HIGHLAND DRESS is 4/1 to win the 2.05 at Wol and should go very close from the front.

TADLEEL is in good form and can improve again to go well in the 2.40 at Wol where PP is paying 4 places and at 6/1 TADLEEL is a good ew bet.

The Imperial cup 2.25 Sandown is always a very competitive handicap where it normally pays to oppose the fav,There is a hot fav in the race this year in the lightly raced Natural History who is supposed to be very well handicapped but these "snips" very often get undone and i am backing ONE TRUE KING who appears to be trained for the race as his last two runs have been over too far a trip and he has run a couple of good races in Cheltenham handicaps and would appear to have been laid out for this.

His trainer has won it twice in the last 4 years and despite being a front runner ONE TRUE KING can get a lot of them in trouble and even if passed always battles onand with a nice weight 10-11 he can repay support ew at 9/1 PP goes 5 places.

Was in the process of 'lumping on' my 50 cent each way on one true King and it disappeared! Pulled from the race....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Was in the process of 'lumping on' my 50 cent each way on one true King and it disappeared! Pulled from the race....

Likewise, disappointed!

1.50 captain morgs 10/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Langer Dan 2,25 9/2

• Advertisement

I really fancied it maybe the ground kee4p in mind fo Cheltenham,i backed Mick Maestro at 28/1 instead for a much smaller stake has been mainly on the flat but could surprise.

TADLEEL was hardly ever out of last place,Highland ran ok in third and MORAAHEQ made sure it wasnt a losing day by hosing up.

I really fancied it maybe the ground kee4p in mind fo Cheltenham,i backed Mick Maestro at 28/1 instead for a much smaller stake has been mainly on the flat but could surprise.

On checking my account tonight i noticed PP gave a justice refund to anyone who backed Mick Maestro as the bridle broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

On checking my account tonight i noticed PP gave a justice refund to anyone who backed Mick Maestro as the bridle broke.

I saw that. I know I ask this every year and I keep forgetting . Are Tuesday's declarations out today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seangoell 4.25 limerick 7/1

My best bet today is ALBERT CAMUS who runs in the 4.33 at Ling was trapped wide lto and did well to get up showing a good turn of foot,should improve again today.Named after the famous french philosopher i hope he knows why he is here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Seangoell 4.25 limerick 7/1

nice one,well done he shot up nicely at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

bassy wrote: »
    nice one,well done he shot up nicely at the end.

He was 50/1 in running. Looked like he had no chance drifting back the field

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

hobie21 wrote: »
    He was 50/1 in running. Looked like he had no chance drifting back the field

ye i backed him,well i mean i backed him at 6/1 earlier today and he did look boxed in at one stage,great finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cheltenham fancies for today, havent played in a long while so probably rusty

all e/w small stakes at best odds as of posting

1.20 Keskonrisk 18-1
    1.55 The Big Breakaway 14-1
    2.30 Koshari 12-1 and Dysart Diamond 22-1 (5 or 6 places with some bookies)
    3.05 Put The Kettle On 10-1 (4 places)
    4.15 Entoucas 17/2 / Moonlighter 18-1 (5 or 6 places with some bookies)
    4.50 Chemical Energy 50-1 placer hopeful with 4 places up for grabs

• Advertisement

Cheltenham is probably a bit more interesting and competitive on thursday with fewer short priced favs except for the first race.

MILLINER just gets into the 1.55 on bottom weight having been a reserve and can repay ew support for an inform stable PP 6 places.

2.30 is a tough enough race and i give a chance to IMPERIAL AURA who was unlucky to unseat last time and can beat some former stars.

3.05 I am siding with PAISLEY PARK who had excuses here last year (heart trouble) but got up when looked beaten at Ascot last time and can regain the crown.

The Shunter 3.40 is chasing a big bonus and could collect but i favour FARCLAS who has run in some very good handicaps and should go very well.

In the 4.15 ROSEYS HOLLOW has been running very well for his small trainer and can run well for J P whose horses are always trained with Cheltenham in mind.

Away from Cheltenham i expect FURUIS the CIERGUES to go off in front and stay there in the 4.30 at Doncaster,he has been beaten by two runners in the race in the past (mance rayder and Epsom de motte) but this good jumper looks a smart stayer in the making and the 6 year can improve again and win by running the others into the ground.

Uttoxeter opener tomorrow is cash back if 2nd 3rd or 4th

So I'm having a bet on Ask Henry. 13/2. Might go off bigger.

Fell when probabaly winning last time out. Hasnt run in a while but if going well after 114 days off could do the business.

The Two Amigos is an ew bet in the Midland grand national at Uttox in the 3.35.Stays extreme distances and jumps well and should be there at the business end.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sky bet doing cash back (up to £10) if your horse comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the 1.50 at Uttoxeter so I have gone for Saint Dalina @ 5/1 to steal it from the favourite.

Sky bet doing cash back (up to £10) if your horse comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the 1.50 at Uttoxeter so I have gone for Saint Dalina @ 5/1 to steal it from the favourite.

Boom :D

Well done. You picked much better than i did.

Lovely price win for you

Sky bet doing cash back (up to £10) if your horse comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the 2.00 at the Curragh so I have gone with Big Gossey @ 5/1.

Lovely Breeze in the 6.40 at 7/4
    Excel Power in the 7.20 at 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

I like Movie Legend in the 15:25, nice mark, 10lb claimer on board
    15/2 generally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    I like Movie Legend in the 15:25, nice mark, 10lb claimer on board
    15/2 generally

Could have carried no jockey and still be wrecked halfway round

Advertisement