Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tomorrows chancers

1:30 kemboy 16-1 \ shattered Love 15/2

2:10 6 places so lets throw some darts!
    lovenormoney 22-1
    louis vac pouch 9-1
    kansas city chief 20-1

3:30 4 places
    wholestone 16-1
    sam spinner 7/2

4:10 6 place turkey shoot
    kings odyssey 16-1

guitar pete 20-1

4:50 fave

5:30 5 places
    Pendra 12-1
    final nudge 16-1
    Milanski boy 22-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

It is obvious that a lot of irish trainers have campaigned their horses with little except Cheltenham on their minds as owners really want to have something well fancied there and we can see many of our horses show their best form at the meeting.

The problem for punters is that some of the leading owners have multiple entries from different trainers all doing their best in the big handicaps.

JP has 4 in the 2 10 and i am backing Sort it Out who has run well here in the past and has been running over fences before finishing very well over hurdles at a huge price last time.PP 6 places at 8/1 looks value ew.

Penhill has not run for almost a year but coming from the Mullins yard should be fit and can go close at 14s in the Stayers Hurdle at 3 30 ew.

Tully East looks to have a decent chance at around 10/1 in the 4 10,he won here last year and also has a place form here,ran well last time and looks sure to run well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hard to look past a big bet on UDS & Laurina today.

PP a disgrace with their 8/11 on UDS at the moment, whilst nearly all other bookies are EV or 11/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Corvo wrote: »

PP a disgrace with their 8/11 on UDS at the moment, whilst nearly all other bookies are EV or 11/10.

I backed uds 5 mins before this post and at that time only one bookie went 10/11 which was betway, rest were shorter.

now only one bookie goes as big as 4/5 (edit...all 8/11 now or shorter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pp have enhanced the two to 2/1

• Advertisement

be surprised if they both win, 4:50 in particular has a lot of good horses in it like Maria's Benefit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

It is obvious that a lot of irish trainers have campaigned their horses with little except Cheltenham on their minds as owners really want to have something well fancied there and we can see many of our horses show their best form at the meeting.

The problem for punters is that some of the leading owners have multiple entries from different trainers all doing their best in the big handicaps.

JP has 4 in the 2 10 and i am backing Sort it Out who has run well here in the past and has been running over fences before finishing very well over hurdles at a huge price last time.PP 6 places at 8/1 looks value ew.

Penhill has not run for almost a year but coming from the Mullins yard should be fit and can go close at 14s in the Stayers Hurdle at 3 30 ew.

Tully East looks to have a decent chance at around 10/1 in the 4 10,he won here last year and also has a place form here,ran well last time and looks sure to run well.

Tully east a non runner Zimmer.

tomorrows chancers

1:30 kemboy 16-1 \ shattered Love 15/2

2:10 6 places so lets throw some darts!
    lovenormoney 22-1
    louis vac pouch 9-1
    kansas city chief 20-1

3:30 4 places
    wholestone 16-1
    sam spinner 7/2

4:10 6 place turkey shoot
    kings odyssey 16-1

guitar pete 20-1

4:50 fave

5:30 5 places
    Pendra 12-1
    final nudge 16-1
    Milanski boy 22-1

Nice to start with a win!

shattered Love 15/2 :D:D:D

I fancy one awaye from Chel,American Life is getting on in age and does nothing quickly now days but he does stay and stay and stay.Towcester is very stiff and with the ground heavy I can see American running on when others have had enoughost. I had a decent bet ew at 5s and I hope the 7 lbs claimed can get him home in front

really hope you didnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like EXCHEQUER in the 1:40 @ Lingers.

Last six races have been either Class 3 or 4 and now dropped to a Class 6.

Should have too much speed for these. 3/1 on the Exchange. Don't see that lasting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Like EXCHEQUER in the 1:40 @ Lingers.

Last six races have been either Class 3 or 4 and now dropped to a Class 6.

Should have too much speed for these. 3/1 on the Exchange. Don't see that lasting long.

Turn out again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lexington Times 11-1 4 places PP
    8.45 Newcastle

I like this for a place at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lexington Times 11-1 4 places PP
    8.45 Newcastle

I like this for a place at least.

I was gona post this up myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a fancy
    Shyron in the next at Kempton 19:45 was really unlucky last time over course and distance.
    Was last with a furlong and a half tucked in on the rail.
    Took the scenic route and had to come off the rail and and made up around 15 lengths over the last furlong. Just failed to catch the winner and was second beaten a neck.
    can be slow to start but with a similar run over the last furlong should hopefully give me a run for the money
    edit
    that didn't go to plan!

Merhoob in 8.15

Little ew at 50-1

When Harry Fry entered Golden Birthday in a flat race a few months ago i assumed he was was keeping the horse ticking over in preperation for a hurdles campaign when the ground had improved.Although the horse has won on soft his best form has been on better ground when winning a valuable Newbury handicap hurdle by 10 lengths and going up 15 lbs to 147.

Now a winner of 3 flat races Golden Birthday reappears in the 3 50 at Lingfield today and can continue his good run.I will keep a lookout for his next run over hurdles if the weather ever relents enough for good ground.

There is a valuable hurdle race in Haydock (i think) later in the year which could be a target but i am happy to back the horse today at around 16/8- 2/1 inn the 3 50 at Lingfield.

USA 14-1 in last at Dundalk.

I like this for a win.

When Harry Fry entered Golden Birthday in a flat race a few months ago i assumed he was was keeping the horse ticking over in preperation for a hurdles campaign when the ground had improved.Although the horse has won on soft his best form has been on better ground when winning a valuable Newbury handicap hurdle by 10 lengths and going up 15 lbs to 147.

Now a winner of 3 flat races Golden Birthday reappears in the 3 50 at Lingfield today and can continue his good run.I will keep a lookout for his next run over hurdles if the weather ever relents enough for good ground.

There is a valuable hurdle race in Haydock (i think) later in the year which could be a target but i am happy to back the horse today at around 16/8- 2/1 inn the 3 50 at Lingfield.

On the inside with nowhere to go,not Berry's best ride.

The first big handicap of the year,The Lincoln handicap takes place at 3 35 in Doncaster tomorrow.

Last years winner Bravery just gets in and must have a chance again off a reduced mark.

His trainer also has the top weight Lord Glitters,who looks a group horse and won a good handicap,worth £155,000 at Ascot last year when coming from last of 20 a furlong out in very good style.

I will do a few small stake forecasts and tri-casts with those two and Dark Red,Gabrial and Fire Brigade.

It is difficult but the rewards are good so i will take a chance,horses drawn high or low are ok going on previous results.A full cover perm requires 20 bets for forecasts and 60 bets for tri-casts

Bravery is out so the bet is now 12 full perm forecasts and 24 tri-casts or put in another runner maybe the fav Addeybb who appears to be very well fancied.

• Advertisement

quite like this one
    5:55 donny 11/2
    Spiritoftomintoul

I fancied Natalie Express when she last ran in early february when she came from a long way back to finish a never nearer 3rd over a mile at Lingfield when tendery handled.

I have been waiting for the Nataie to reappear as i have her down as a certain winner and she runs in the 4 45 at Lingfield tomorrow.

I am disappointed she is running over 7 furlongs as she needed every yard of the 7 furlongs when winning at Lingfield on jan 24th.She ran as if needing further when 3rd over a mile last time and the drop back in distance is not what she needs in my opinion.

Her very good turn of foot means i will back the filly ew but i would have a lot more on if the race was over further and i cannot even be sure now that this race is her target or whether connections have something else in mind.

Mime Dance was heavily backed last time and could only finish 5th,not disgraced though and now down almost two stone from last winning mark and should be good enough to win the 2 10 at Lingfield.

Brendan Bracken is at his best after a break and should be ready to win the listed race in Leopardstown at 5 30.Ger Lyons has his horses in good shape and can take the race with Brendan Bracken who goes well on the ground.

I fancied Natalie Express when she last ran in early february when she came from a long way back to finish a never nearer 3rd over a mile at Lingfield when tendery handled.

I have been waiting for the Nataie to reappear as i have her down as a certain winner and she runs in the 4 45 at Lingfield tomorrow.

I am disappointed she is running over 7 furlongs as she needed every yard of the 7 furlongs when winning at Lingfield on jan 24th.She ran as if needing further when 3rd over a mile last time and the drop back in distance is not what she needs in my opinion.

Her very good turn of foot means i will back the filly ew but i would have a lot more on if the race was over further and i cannot even be sure now that this race is her target or whether connections have something else in mind.

Mime Dance was heavily backed last time and could only finish 5th,not disgraced though and now down almost two stone from last winning mark and should be good enough to win the 2 10 at Lingfield.

Brendan Bracken is at his best after a break and should be ready to win the listed race in Leopardstown at 5 30.Ger Lyons has his horses in good shape and can take the race with Brendan Bracken who goes well on the ground.

A bit too much to do?,hampered a little.Drifted to a great price suggesting today might not have been the plan.

Still not all bad,Mime Dance won well,got the place money on Natalie Express and money back as free bets on the PP bets and Natalie Express stays in the tracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Mick The Poser in the 1:40 @ Hereford (15/8).

Solid on the clock and dropped in class.

wot, no aintree thread?

anyways heres my chancers for day one

1:45
    Renes girl 6-1
    2:20
    Malaya 7-1 \ Nube Negra 10-1
    2:50
    ...cant see past might bite tbh but deffo red for a place 8-1
    3:25
    again cant see past the fave but the new one 13/2 to try anyways
    4:05
    ....5 places....now this more like, more open than my knickers,
    nicker rouge et blanc..50-1
    wells de lune 14-1
    4:40
    overtown express 14-1 \ tommy silver 9-1
    nicker baby king 25-1
    5:15
    Dissavril 11/2 \ cedar valley 10-1
    nickers jaxlight 100-1 \ paper promise 40-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dissavril and grand vision
    Ew singles and double
    Both will surely go close

Small one on renes girl also and treble

Good to have some decent racing back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Have backed Pulsating 9.00 Wolv. Appleby has two in the race, fancy this one over de Sousa's mount.

Ask Katie 4 45 Cork has form over different distances and has a good ew chance in the 4 45 today over 1 mile 2 furlongs.

Well beaten behind Our Anniversary last time but was slowly away and almost tailed off at halfway,Ask Katie is a stone better off today and is a sporting ew bet at 14/1 (has been nibbled at) to deliver today.

Backed two ew at Cheltenham at fairly big prices that i expect to run well.

Cepage 2 40 won going away last time at Kempton having travelled well out the back before quickening at the last.Should be capable of winning again off 6 lbs higher.

Harry Fry has been a bit bit quiet of late but Whataknight showed signs that he will be winning when finishing 7th of 23 over c and d,not beaten far and is now looking worth a bet as the handicapper is giving him a chance.

I got 10/1 and 14/1 on these two in singles and will have a small ew double on the two.

• Advertisement

i be doing all these today

newmarket
    1:50 Mount Kiara 16-1, won at C twice, lower weight, saver on daniels flyer 14-1
    nicker is ower fly 22-1

2:25 rufas King 10-1, winner and good come back run \ snazzy Jazzy 11/2, unbeaten so far
    nicker anna nerium 22-1

3pm, gotta be Robin of Navan, but only 5-1, has the form, and the jock

3:35
    billesdon brook 20-1 \ hikamaa 16-1

nicker zain hara 28-1

4:10 newbie attack!

chynna 10-1 \ cotubanna 20-1

4:45 feline groovy 9-1

5:20 dono di dio 20-1

5:55 danceteria 25-1 \ regimented 14-1

cheltenham
    silver kayf 12-1 \ onefortheboardroom 8-1