Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Singlefarm payment 5.00 Cheltenham

Hoping for better now Heskin not on it

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Backed two ew at Cheltenham at fairly big prices that i expect to run well.

Cepage 2 40 won going away last time at Kempton having travelled well out the back before quickening at the last.Should be capable of winning again off 6 lbs higher.

Harry Fry has been a bit bit quiet of late but Whataknight showed signs that he will be winning when finishing 7th of 23 over c and d,not beaten far and is now looking worth a bet as the handicapper is giving him a chance.

I got 10/1 and 14/1 on these two in singles and will have a small ew double on the two.

Fair play. Great run from Whataknight at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

i be doing all these today

newmarket
    1:50 Mount Kiara 16-1, won at C twice, lower weight, saver on daniels flyer 14-1
    nicker is ower fly 22-1 PLACED

2:25 rufas King 10-1, winner and good come back run \ snazzy Jazzy 11/2, unbeaten so far
    nicker anna nerium 22-1 WON

3pm, gotta be Robin of Navan, but only 5-1, has the form, and the jock

3:35
    billesdon brook 20-1 \ hikamaa 16-1

nicker zain hara 28-1

4:10 newbie attack!

chynna 10-1 \ cotubanna 20-1 PLACED at 25-1

4:45 feline groovy 9-1 PLACED

5:20 dono di dio 20-1

5:55 danceteria 25-1 \ regimented 14-1

cheltenham
    silver kayf 12-1 \ onefortheboardroom 8-1
    nicker dell oro 40-1

2:40 jameson 10-1 \ Frodon 15/2 \ shantou village 12-1

4 places

not a bad ol day

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

not a bad ol day

And you forgot to highlight the 2.05 in Cheltenham, Dell Oro got a place at 40/1.

Great picking, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

not a bad ol day

You reckon?, Out of 20 selections , 1 won and 3 placed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

You reckon?, Out of 20 selections , 1 won and 3 placed.

4 placed.

I reckon he is about 13pts up backing each way on level stakes. That's not a bad day. Feel free to post your own though.

I dont spoon feed, i put my selections up and leave it to folk to pick from them if they please.
    I also dont say what stake i am using on what horse, again, thats a personal choice, but yes and thanks Blud, I am am up and happy and if others want to post they are indeed free to do so ;)

newmarket nickers

3pm One master 18-1
    4:10 angel of the north 100-1 \ princess Harley 14-1
    5:55 Island sound 40-1

newmarket Mains
    4:10 Improve 15/2
    5:55 Intense pleasure 10-1

Chelt mains
    2:05 banjo girl 15/2
    3:15 Melangerie 14-1
    5:35 lady of the night 16-1

chelt nickers
    2:05 presenting pearl 14-1
    3:15 northern beau 66-1
    5:35 malachys girl 25-1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Luckily I only backed the one that won. Had the 4 placed horses in a place accum too, didn't bother with the win part luckily enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Luckily I only backed the one that won. Had the 4 placed horses in a place accum too, didn't bother with the win part luckily enough!

LOL

Ah well... Close but no cigar :)

• Advertisement

newbury

1:50 azor ahai 10-1 lost \ dave dexter 11/2 WON
    2:25 Lord Oberan 11-1 2nd \ \ noblemans nest 8-1 lost
    3pm arendelle 28-1 \ \ whitelight 11/2 both lost
    3:35 moment of madness 10/3 lost
    4:05 injam 11-1 \ golden birthday 3-1
    5:05 exeat 6-1 \ adorable 10-1 \ always a drama 10-1

3:15 ayr darius des bois 9/4 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Alcatraz 11-1 5.30

Very consistent of late, hitting the post for over a year now. How it never won is
    beyond me. Has lost every race it has run for over a year now by less that a length.
    Hopefully today, on bottom weight and drawn 1 it can beat or at least place again.

going EW on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Two that have chances at Epsom are SHABEEB 3 20 and FAADHEL 5 oc at Epsom,both trained by the very good trainer Roger Varian whose horses have run into form.

The long Epsom straight will suit FAADHEL who has been crying out for a longer trip as i posted here recently. I backed both ew and did an ew double.

Two that have chances at Epsom are SHABEEB 3 20 and FAADHEL 5 oc at Epsom,both trained by the very good trainer Roger Varian whose horses have run into form.

The long Epsom straight will suit FAADHEL who has been crying out for a longer trip as i posted here recently. I backed both ew and did an ew double.

we have a match with Shabeeb!

other picks

punch 3:40 6 places with sky and others
    steel wave 10-1 will win or place

5:30 gold cup 4 places

main bet total recall 10-1
    nicker sizing granite 28-1..love this horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Eastville boy in the first in Punchestown 16/1 got word for it on Sunday fingers cross

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Melon today (bits of 10/3 about on BF currently).

Love Samcro but the form of Melon's second in the Champion Hurdle is much better than anything Samcro has shown so far and he would want to have been winning on the bridle for him to warrant being odds on today.

For me Melon should be around 5/4 and Samcro 2/1 or thereabouts so I'm snapping up some of that 10/3 for sure.

Should be a good race. Best of luck with whatever you go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Like Melon today (bits of 10/3 about on BF currently).

Love Samcro but the form of Melon's second in the Champion Hurdle is much better than anything Samcro has shown so far and he would want to have been winning on the bridle for him to warrant being odds on today.

For me Melon should be around 5/4 and Samcro 2/1 or thereabouts so I'm snapping up some of that 10/3 for sure.

Should be a good race. Best of luck with whatever you go with.

drifting i can see him going off at 4s or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Fancy Oistrakh LeNoir in the 1350. Now 12s Boyles

DONNCHA runs regularly in good handicaps and might be value in the 2 40 Goodwood.
    PETTOCHSIDE loves Goodwood and can go well in the 3 15 at the track.
    ALPHA DELPHINI has run well in top sprints,last 3 runs were on soft but has good form on good 2 20 Newmarket.
    TRIBAL QUEST was well backed last time and may be good enough in the 4 10 Newmarket.
    CAPTAIN MOWBRAY is one i mentioned here before,comes from well back and can come out on top in the 7 10 at the stiff Hexam track. Looks a very good ew bet today.

The 5 horses mentioned are all ew prices might be good value for small stakes in an ew lucky 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

2/1 short price double (both horses 8/11).

Saroog (4:55 @ Wetherby) & Applesandpierres (5:35 @ Hexham).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

On fire so far Zimmer! Thanks a million. Not sure should I cash out on the L31 now or not.

Update: So I've cashed out and invested 45 ew into the last, let's see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

DONNCHA runs regularly in good handicaps and might be value in the 2 40 Goodwood.
    ALPHA DELPHINI has run well in top sprints,last 3 runs were on soft but has good form on good 2 20 Newmarket.
    TRIBAL QUEST was well backed last time and may be good enough in the 4 10 Newmarket.
    CAPTAIN MOWBRAY is one i mentioned here before,comes from well back and can come out on top in the 7 10 at the stiff Hexam track. Looks a very good ew bet today.

The 5 horses mentioned are all ew prices might be good value for small stakes in an ew lucky 31.

Well done Zimmer

Back with a bang for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Back with a bang Zimmer nice one! ;)

I just fed the results of my lucky 31 into the bet calculator,four 1/4 the odds and one 1/5th at best prices guaranteed by Lads between 12 and 2 oc.

3 placed and two winners still pays €1725.69 for my €124 investment on the lucky 31 and i win €375 on my single bets so just a little shy of €2,000 profit on the day is nice,though one more winner would have paid so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I just fed the results of my lucky 31 into the bet calculator,four 1/4 the odds and one 1/5th at best prices guaranteed by Lads between 12 and 2 oc.

3 placed and two winners still pays €1725.69 for my €124 investment on the lucky 31 and i win €375 on my single bets so just a little shy of €2,000 profit on the day is nice,though one more winner would have paid so much more.

Well done serious picks , bulling I wasn’t on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Good day’s racing

WISHING STAR 3 05 is expected to win in Dundalk,a strong bet.

ALTYN ORDA is fancied in the 1,000 today at 3 35.Avery big price (18/1) and is a decent ew bet.

I put a few quid on JACBEQUICK in the 4 15 at Beverly,has won 5 times here and been placed a couple of times.

Probably not as good as he was but has dropped to a winning mark and his in-form trainer has put up a good claimer and as PP is money back if 2nd i think its a reasonable bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

I put a few quid on JACBEQUICK in the 4 15 at Beverly,has won 5 times here and been placed a couple of times.

Probably not as good as he was but has dropped to a winning mark and his in-form trainer has put up a good claimer and as PP is money back if 2nd i think its a reasonable bet.

???

Only 6 min late i guess. Ara at least everyone knows you got your money back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Vile

Advertisement