Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

A little for the pot for next week alright zim. Are you noting a few for Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Working on it,setting a few ground rules like not backing any short priced horses,either leave the race alone or bet without the fav.Stick to a couple of bets per day mainly.

Paying a lot of attention to the hurdle handicaps and bookies paying extra places and money back deals will get my business.Will firm up plans when we know for sure the state of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Definitely worth throwing £20 on something in this race, money back as cash if your horse loses with sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Nice little earner here ...glad I could contribute !

• Advertisement

The Imperial Cup is a very tough handicap always run at Sandown before the Cheltenham festival starts,for many years now there has been a £50,000 bonus for the winner if the horse goes on to win at Cheltenham.

PP is the sponsor now and with that bonus available it is going to be a tough race to win.

An improving 5 year old with a low weight is what is often required to win here and one i like is HYSTERY BERE trained by Tom Symonds and ridden by Aidan Coleman and the horse looks to be laid out for this.

Entered at Cheltenham also with the bonus in mind he is well worth supporting.Odds between 8 and 10/1 6 places seems a decent bet to me and by having the bet tomorrow BOG applies (not with PP until 8 on sat morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ah lads. Remember i tipped up Jamil at 80/1 and said if he didnt run well I'd never back him again.

He didnt run well so when i saw him in the 3.05 newcastle today at 11/1 i stayed away....

Aaaaaaaaand, of course he wins

One of my underwhelming likes is jamil.

Been useless for ages.

But i know it has ability in there somewhere and will pull a result at some stage!

Good shout!

Two for tomorrow as well as HYSTERY BERE already mentioned and backed at 8/1 6 places.

I think i tipped LA TIHATY here when it won as a 2 year old and i had good word for it,the horse carries top weight in the 2.05 at Wol where Saffie Osborne takes off 5 lbs in this valuable handicap.

Unusual to see her ride for Varian who has quite a few claiming options,the only reason i can think of is that her father Jamie is good friends with Varian,

Only other bet is NOCTE VOLATUS 4.45 Sandown,i put this one in the tracker as a superb jumper a while back and i havent changed my mind even though he failed to finish (two falls and ran out) in 3 of his last 6 runs,mind you he won the other 3 in good style and while Sandown can be tricky i think NOCTE VOLATUS who is only 7 can continue to improve.

Backing BRONN in the 3.25

Looks to have the most class in the race

And earlofthecotswolds in the 7 30

Likes the course. Has won over CD. Has beaten the other challengers before. Has been in the places 15/28 runs so is a fighter

• Advertisement

Bronn met one better and came 2nd.

Earlofthecotswolds won handy at 2/1 so up a few quid overall.

Two of my 3 today finished nearer last than first and the 3rd one looked a winner until done in the last 10 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I guess we can take it that ground will be good to soft tomorrow?

Today's " that's me sorted for the week " value ew Yankee

2.10 coeur sublime

2.50 discordantly

3.30 appreciate it

4.10 echoes in rain

Cheltenham.

1.30 money back PP with card or as a free bet without card,punters should not miss the chance of free money.

CONSTITUTION HILL and DYSART DYNAMO are the two i like and will have a few 20s on these.

BLUE LORD in the 2.10 might hold off Riviere D'etel.

2.50 i like Jessica's DISCORDANTLY 25/1 who was 6th in this last year off 4 lbs higher,first time cheekpieces worked last time and i believe 25/1 is too big about this one with 6 places and its worth a little more than i would normally have on a 25/1 shot.

There are a few 10 year olds and older in this race and they have a dreadful record at Cheltenham so using that stat makes getting the winner a little easier.

4.10 TELLMESOMETHINGGIRL looks to have a good chance for DeBromhead.

5.30 RUN WILD FRED looks to have the winning of the last for Elliot,with a good rider on board and a certain stayer this is the days best bet.

£10 e/w on Kilcruit, money back as cash (win part only) if horse loses

Small interest bet e/w on war lord paying 7 places

And small stakes e/w lucky 31

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Any ideas about tomorrow guys.

PP doing money back with card on first. Is there any value in opposing Sir Gerhad.journey with me And Stage Star sound appealing with latter drifting a touch. Money for Davy Russell’s mount tho. Thoughts ?

I'm on journey with me

£10 e/w @ 6/1 with money back as cash if finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

Day 2.

1.30 SIR GERHARD looks good,for the money all losers on card Stage Star 9/1 ew is suggested.

2.10 L'homme Presse going for a 5 timer may cause a bit of an upset.

2.50 JPs are bound to be primed for this,i fancy THE SHUNTER at around 10s if Drop The Anchor stays the trip (i cant be sure) he has a very good chance but because of the doubt The Shunter is my bet.7 places PP.

3.30 shishkin.

4.10 SHADY OPERATOR ew for JP,Prengarde could be very smart.

4.50 no bet.

5.30 Mullins has a very smart one in FACILE VEGA who should be too good for Elliots American Mike and the rest.

• Advertisement

A good day today nicely in front and with the changed ground some opportunities tomorrow will post later on a few that I believe have chances.

changed ground conditions so horses with form on soft required.

i.30 BOB OLINGER must be the choice on ground that suits.

2.10 MILL GREEN a bit older than ideal but looks the value ew bet to me.at around 33 or 40/1 7 places.

3.oc ALLAHO hard to oppose but too skinny to back.

3.30 PAISLY PARK ew is not out of it and THYME HILL also worth a look.

4.10 no bet.

4.50 Willie Mullins is mob handed in this and i think the exposed GRANGEE ew is better value than Dinoblue who is all the rage.

5.30 SCHOOLBOY HOURS should go well and CAT TIGER is an ew bet at 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Good stuff zimmer, out of interest do you avoid lucky 15s/trebles etc and place all of your selections single bets or each way?

A couple with the bookies

I do singles mainly on anything that I see as a good bet win or ew and sometimes do doubles or trebles for small money.today i have already done an outrageous ew lucky 15 online with PP

Mill Green 28 to1 7 places 2.10

Paisly Park 3.30.

Grangee 4.50

Cat Tiger 5.30.

4 places would be be very rewarding.

Today's ew Yankee

3.30 royal kamala

4.10 hardliners

4.50 say goodbye

5.30 frontal assault

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jayo9

Word for admirel in 4.10 cheltenham

Did a small e/w lucky 31 using yours above and threw in Coole Cody in the 4.10, also small stake e/w accum just in case they all place 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Did the same, went back to check it and realised I didn't go e/w.... F it!

• Advertisement

Advertisement