Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

My attempt to find the winner of the Northumberland Plate has resulted in me backing a horse tonight at 16/1 b.o.g 5 places.

I got a friend of mine to have 20 ew on ALRIGHT SUNSHINE at 16s,i dont have an account with Boyles and PP does not go b.o.g until 8 oc saturday morning.

I backed him tonight just to play safe but i do not expect the horse to be backed and he may well be at bigger odds and maybe 6 places somewhere and in that case i will back him again.

When i looked at the race i was hoping to drop on a young (4 or 5 year old) horse on the way up and there are a few like that in the race,but my search led me to the 7 year old ALRIGHT SUNSHINE who has done most off his racing on turf but he has form here and was unlucky off the same mark last year.

The formbook says he was out the back and ran on to finish 10th btn 4 and a half lengths but thats only half the story.

Drawn 18 he was in the last half dozen for most of the race and when moving up to challenge about 2 and a half furlongs out he was denied a run 2 or 3 times and when finally getting a run ran on really well into 10th 4 and a half lengths off the winner.

Off the same mark now and after 3 very good runs this year inc an excellent 4th at Royal Ascot last time running on strongly over two furlongs shorter than saturdays race.

Drawn 7 this year he will not have to travel so wide and with any luck in running should be competitive.

One thing to note the finishing straight i Newcastle is narrow enough and some runners will be short of room but that is factored into the price and more so if the horse drifts in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sky bet paying 7 places, currently @16/1 on there.

Sky and 365 are probably the best i have a dormant 365 account but at this stage of my life i am not going to have too many accounts,my only online account is with PP though i am thinking of opening an account with Boyles simply because they are BOG the night before.

If we are having any success with" live ones"we will be restricted or have accounts closed so i am mainly a cash punter for many of my bets that are a result of information and if i do bet online i keep it to a minimum on that type bet.

I like the PP play card because one can use it as a cash card for withdrawls and it means trips to the hole in the wall are much less nowdays and PP shops are much easier to find,put cash in over the counter and withdraw over the counter and no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In fairness I've never had any issues with sky bet limiting bets, also like the fact that when you cash out that's it, no option for the next 24 hours to cancel any a cash out and money is usually in my bank account within 24 hours.

My bet in the Plate is already on and with PP now going 5 places i will have a saver on Alan Kings Rainbow Dreamer at 16/1.

My other bets are BRANCASTER 1.15 Newcastle who was a good 3rd at York following a layoff of 529 days has bottom weight and if he does not bounce has a very good chance at 6/1.

GLEN SHEIL has plenty of group form and in 5 runs at Newcastle has 3 wins a 2nd and a3rd and can play a part in the 2.25.

At Chester THE NEW MARWAN can win the 2.30,his owner loves to win here and he is the best of his 3 entries and can make up for a narrow defeat here last time at 6/1.

The Irish Derby looks beween the top two in the betting and its not easy to predict whether the filly can beat the colt and i will not get involved.

However i have a small ew on Jim Bolgers at 50/1,he is highly regarded and could run a good race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

3.45 lionel 10/1 curragh EW

A bad day at the office,i cant remember when my fancies ran as badly,

But that happens and i am sure i will recover.

it happens zimmer,but you are the top man here :) :)

Texas Boy 5.10 Roscommon.

no write up zimmer,would that be a win or ew ?.

• Advertisement

I always prefer to bet ew if the horse is an ew price as anything can go wrong and a horse may be unlucky some prefer win only,this is a strong bet today although the price is gone since yesterday evening when 18/1 was available.

Ground has come right for Eshaada,a good bet at 5 to2 in the 2.40 Haydock.

A couple of outsiders that can give us a return today

Achnamara 20 to1 2.05 Haydock was drawn badly last time but ran well before that and is worth a little ew today.

Vindolanda is 40 to 1 in the 3.15 Haydock and that price is way too big,runs best at this time of year if there is some cut in the ground.

Just gets in as a reserve and is way better than a rank outsider so well worth an ew bet.

Youthful King was backed from 8s to 7 to 4 12 days ago and duly won.

Raised 3 lbs and could do well again today in the 2.45 at Sandown at 5 to1 we.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hi Zimm, youthful King is in 4.45 he's at 10s now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Favorite Moon 6/1 pp 5.05 Bellewstown e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I had to chance a little ew on Zimmerman in the 2.05 Haydock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Did the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Likewise a small cheeky e/w in honour of Zimmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Got Youthful King at 9/1, saved the day! Nice one Zim

Hi guys,was rushing when posting today,Youthful King was 8 to 1 when I posted and was the only one I got right but saved the day and I got a small profit.

Had visitors staying and did not have much time hence the wrong price and time but at least the horse cruised to victory.

There are a couple of races worth looking at Pontrefact today (i may see them on the phone as i will be at the JP extravaganza in Adare).

The fillies and mares listed race at 3.15 is not the best listed i ever saw and it may be worth backing dubai Love to return to something like her best.

She has run ok in her last 2 runs and the track may suit her.

The other bet is Chairmanofthe board in the 3.45 who can be excused a poor run in the Wokingham last time but has generally been in good form.

Two ew singles and an ew double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The mouse doctor runs in the 2nd today at fairyhouse. 9 horse race, I'm hoping he can manage a place. Available around 9 or 10/1. Im gonna have a small cut ew.

23 places in 59 runs according to skybet.

Likes fast ground. Bitta sunshine be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Well he drifted from 7s to 22/1... if he'd shown up missing a leg it wouldn't have drifted as much. Told its own story. A poor 6th or 7th

Tony Martin who trains the Mouse Doctor trained the winner NIBURU who is owned by a guy called Breslin who loves a winner in Galway and it may be worth keeping an eye the horse.

I was at the meeting this evening and it was obvious that the Mouse Doctor was not going to be competitive.

My visit to the track was rewarding as one i have an interest in came with a late run to win the 6.25 by a neck despite being drawn in stall 12 and having to concede ground most of the way around.

A couple of Heritage handicaps at Newmarket tomorrow worth more than £56,000 each offer two value bets imo.

This type of handicap is attracting better type horses these than many listed races and we have to look for a classy type on the way up rather than the traditional seasoned handicapper to get the job done.

In the 1.50 i fancy YONAFIS who won 3 AW races around a mile before running in the Britannia handicap at Royal Ascot,finishing 8th beaten 4 and a half lengths.

YONAFIS ran on steadily that day without ever threatening but that is not surprising because being by Golden Horn (derby winner) he will be suited by further and he was doing his best work at the finish and will be suited by the extra 2 furlongs and rates a strong ew bet.

Quite a few bookies are paying 4 places but PP is only paying 3 places but 1/4 odds and 4/1.

The other big handicap is the 3.oc and Candleford who hosed up by 6 lengths at Royal Ascot is hot favourite and with his trainer (Haggas) in great form Candleford could be hard to beat.

However he was raised 13 lbs for that win and could be vunerable to an improver.CONTACT was 7 and 1/4 lengths behind Candleford in Ascot but ran wide all the way and was staying on steadily without being slaughtered and looks to be suited by the extra two furlongs tomorrow.

At 7/1 and most books paying 5 places and a few paying 6 places CONTACT looks a very solid ew bet.

Two ew singles and an ew double for me and i am reasonably confident that both are decent bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Am I dreaming or did pp pay out on contact as a winner in the 3 o clock? On line bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hibbert

Paid me out as a place anyways online

Most shops were paying 5 places and a few were paying 6 as i said in my post,i did not look at my account but i will now but i doubt very much if i will get more than i am entitled to.

Plenty racing sat and it may not be easy to get winners,i will try to put up a couple worth backing before lunch but to amuse myself tonight i had a look at the big handicaps at 3 different meetings and heres what i came up with a bit of fun might had for smallish stakes with whatever bookie pays the most places.

John Smiths Cup 4.05 York 23 runners.BRILLIANT LIGHT with Danny Tudhope up for the in-form Suroor,Danny finds it dificult to do less than 9 stone and with 9 one this is perfect.

Was hampered a couple of times when 4th at Royal Ascot over further and has a chance in this at 10/1 EW PP 6 PLACES.

In the 3.50 Newmarket JUMBY must have a chance over 7 furlongs though he mainly runs over 6 in the top handicaps he has won over 7 and was staying on when 3rd in a big handicap at Ascot last time,with a top class french jockey on board and the trainer in excellent form JUMBY must have a big chance,because i am not absolutely certain he is as good over seven furlongs i may have a little on RHOSCOLYN who was 3rd of 29 over 7 furlongs at Ascot last time and looks sure to run well 6 places PP.

Finally in the 3.oc Ascot if EQUALITY can break on level terms he will take beating in the 20 runner 5 furlong dash.

He was just held after a slow start in the big Epsom sprint at the derby meeting,5 places here and is a nice ew bet so heres hoping for a good break.

Tir Fairngire in the first ew and Reinforce in the 2nd at Navan

• Advertisement

Boundless Ocean is well regarded,did notstay over the mile and a half and todays trip much more suitable.

I will not be surprised if he is up with the pace today and kicks on turning in getting those behind in trouble.

Advertisement