Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I had decided to put up a second bet in the 4.45 but the odds do not seem good enough on reflection so i will leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Out of pig iron what is it, I might stick it in a trixie.

Its Titan Rock in the 4.45,is well enough handicapped,I was hoping for 10s.

Was 13 to 2 last night now 7s,I wilm back it ew 5 places if and when it goes to 8s.

It's a 20 runner handicap so need 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

Any chance ye would let me in on the trix!! I have an itch for a patent myself.. I nailed a patent a while ago and i was smiling for weeks!

I only bet single Euros or less because I'm the ultimate 'responsible' punter. But even with 50cent on a a trix or a patent. I walk around with a spring in my step.

@zimmermania thanks AS ALWAYS for the tips!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

A big drifter,obviously today was not the day.

• Advertisement

I relented having posted as requested with a reduced bet,nearly paid off.

Good card at Newbury today and a couple of decent handicaps with good prizemoney.

4.10 Atrium catches my eye with Ryan Moore booked,I can see Ryan coming late and winning this on ground that suits. Most bookies go 4 places.

Won 3 times last year inc here and after 2 runs should be spot on for this at around 11 to 2.

In the 5.18 the oldest horse in the race is the one I fancy,Bernardo Oreilly,in top form,will like the ground and should be competitive at around 13 to 2 five places.

2 each way singles and an ew double for me as both have realistic chances.

No joy today Atrium ran poor enough,Bernardo ran well,not really put into the race finished a close enough 7th,not sure if today was the day and very capable off that sort of mark so will keep an eye out wherever he runs.

Four competitive handicaps in York and a couple i tipped and were placed at good prices are out again.

I.35 MAYWAKE won this last year and off the same mark can go close 5 places around 5 to 1.

2.40 MONDAMMEJ was 4th in a similar handicap 9 days ago when i tipped it,has a realistic chance at around 6 to 1, 5 places

3.50 CONCERT BOY is lightly raced and after a recent win can continue his good form around 9 to1,4 places.

5.oc I backed TITAN ROCK last time when beaten a neck after finding trouble in running,has a very good chance of winning now and should be backed at around 4 to 1.

The 4 would make a chancy ew yankee or lucky 15,

For anyone interested in the 2000 gns at the Curragh,it looks a below par field to me and Paul Cole's ROYAL SCOTSMAN sppears to have the best group form on offer and should win

As Concert Boy was drifting a bit I did not do the lucky 15 or yankee might have a little ew on

• Advertisement

2 35 Epsom is a 9 furlong handicap and i fancy Roger Varians FANTASTIC FOX to improve on last years 3rd off a 5 lbs lower mark.

with 4 places he looks very good ew.

In the Oaks at 4.30 OBriens is odds on on the basis of a 22 length win at Chester last time and while that was impressive she actually beat nothing.

SOUL SISTER on the other hand beat proper group horses in the Musidora stakes at York and did it very easily and will take beating with Dettori on board,she was bogged down in the mud on her previous run could be too good for OBriens.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Nice one Zimmer, are you going to take a chance on Darkness in the last?

No Darkness is off my radar,Omeara is running him so often now that there cannot be a plan,just hoping for the best.welk handicapped now but probably has his own ideas about the game.

Had a nice winner yesterday but had too little on.

Mokaatil 3.20 Epsom loves the track can improve a lot from last run and is an ew bet with good claimer on board.

Apollo One can go well in the other sprint at 5.05 at around 9s ew.

The Derby is made up of a bunch of well matched colts and if there is a star a.ongst the it could be Obriens August Rodin whose last run can be ignored as the trip was too short,he is a stayer and can show it now.

Post edited by zimmermania on

Mokaatil a close up 9th got going too late now ready to win,Apollo One beaten a neck and Auguste Rodin ran on well to get up close home St LEGER winner or more likely the "ARC"

Beaten in a photo for a grand,won a couple of hundred so not too upset,had every chance to lay McCarthy but sadly resisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

bad pic quality and i do not even no what bet or horse you done zimmer ?.

It was a tenner ew Denny McCarthy 100 to 1 in the US golf,beaten in a playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Thats what is called "fire in the belly"....well done!

Korker runs in the 1.15 at Haydock tomorrow and despite his 0 2 0 form figures has a very good chance imo.

Last time his jockey did not get the hood off in time and then he was very badly hampered,before that he was a good 2nd to Regional at York and was not disgraced in a group 3 at Newmarket in the run before that again.

Has run twice at Haydock,winning and a good 2nd over the sme trip.He is not the most straightforward horse and is sometimes slowly away.however he has a great turn of foot and if breaking on terms can win this.

I took the trouble to visit BarOne today as they are now the only bookie who guarantee the price the day before as I thought the 10s might not last and it looks like I was right and if he drifts I still get the bigger price.

Mondaamej a horse i tipped ew on his last two runs is also in the race,i think he is 4 or 5 lbs below what is required here but he should run a good enough race and finish in the first 4 or 5 so i put a fiver saver on at 18s.

Post edited by zimmermania on

• Advertisement

PP not renowned for genorosity has given us a bit of a chance today by paying 4 places in the 10 runner handicap at 2.25.

It is a trappy handicap but i tipped Forza Orta when it last ran in a big field York handicap finishing 7th but only beaten just over 3 lengths.

At 7 to 1 the 4 places it looks an ew bet to me only one lb higher than when last winning.

Baltimore Boy 2.15 Sandown 9 to 1.

Smash 2.35 York 14 to1 are two handicapped worth a few quid ew and Vintage Clarets 2.10 Chester can win the sprint from a good draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

17.25 No6 won 5-2

16.40 No9 8th 5-2

16.50 No10 8th 11-2

17.35 No9 2nd 5-1

17.00 No7 Won 5-1

16.35 No4 2nd 7-2

6 staked

7.5 returned

Post edited by BorneTobyWilde on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Turned a profit, hit the post with 2 . 1.5 point gain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

getting 5/2 on JP horse (no. 6 , 5.25) most impressive !

Good,if competitive racing at Ascot as usual for the royal meeting.

The handicaps appeal to me as always but the genius Willie Mullins makes them extra difficult running horses coming back from long breaks.

Bookies price them up at very short prices so with 6 and 5 places available i will look elsewhere.

In the 5.oc CALLING THE WIND has a lot of weight to carry over 2 and a half miles but is the class act imo and has run well in the race last year and i will be surprised if he is out of the first 6,i got 16 to 1 ew but 10s is the price now.A saver on Zoffee who should also run a good race.

In the 6.10 Vauban represents Mullins at a very skinny price and i like Varians lightly raced POSTILEO who ran very well lto and has a decent ew chance at around 10s,Ed Bethell's (in great form) Chillingham is an improving stayer who can be involved at the finish.

2X2 ew makes 4 ew doubles with 6 and 5 places available and that could be the way to go for small stakes,1 placed in each race and we get a double,both placed 4 doubles not to mention the possibility of a win double.

Had a few quid on Sonny Liston at 25 and 26 to 1 on betfair and a small bet ew on Bless Him in the 5.oc Ascot,probably one of the toughest handicaps of the year.

• Advertisement

Ascot is ok so far,a 25 to1 and a 40 to1 placed from 2 selections in the Hunt cup would have been fantastic if SONNY LISTON had been 1st instead of 2nd but as long as i am making a few quid its not too bad.

Today ELDAR ELDAROV has been laid out for the Gold Cup 4.20 and while he has never run this far Varian knows what he is doing.

Wise Eagle also runs and i dont think he is good enough (had a small share in the horse a few years ago!!!) but wish his connections well,they bought him for around 7000 if i remember correctly😣.

DRUMROLL and BOLD ACT (bold acts chances would be enhanced by a good run from Bertinelli in the 3.05) are my two in the 5.35 and in the very competitive 6.10 BIGGLES can shoot them down (its my age) VAFORTINA needs to improve only a little to be involved.

In the Britania Stakes at 5.oc a small ew on french trained BLESS at a very big price might give a return, books goin 6 or 7 places

Advertisement