Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

QUANTUM OF SOLACE (3:10 @ Market Rasen) seems a decent enough price at 3/1 (on BF) to go in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    2.30 main edition 11/2 ew 4 places
    3.40 billesdon brook 6/1 ew
    5.0 agrotera 11/2 ew 6 places
    5.35 count calabash 8/1 ew 5 places

ew trebles/ew accum

It'll be bingo for me if none of these oblige although 4 places would be ok also :cool:

bingo will have to wait a bit longer
    two nice priced winners and about time :pac:

3.40 queen of bermuda 6/1 ew 5 places
    5.0 dreamfield 4/1 win
    3.50re eeh bah gum 5/4 win (again)

treble also

treble/ew accum with natalies joy in the first as ascot 6/4
    too short for a single in a race of that nature

I might need my head examined taking 4/1 on a horse for the wokingham but this dreamfield looks like a monster (See last run)
    have silent echo in my tracker so having an ew saver on that at 16s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

GROWL is 12 lbs lower than his highest mark and the handicapper may have given him a chance in race that is being won by better class horses in recent years Ascot 5 oc.PP 6 places
    GROWL was 2nd btn 1 length in a group 1 over cd 2 years ago,he was beaten 1 1/4 lengths in the Ayr Gold Cup and also beaten 1 1/2 lengths in the Stewards Cup at Goodwood,both major handicaps over 6 furlongs.Last years winner was drawn 27 and stall 29 should be ok for GROWL.

VICTORY ANGEL is lightly raced and may improve so is is put up as a saver.

Mullins will be hard to beat in the 5 35 but i believe the price of fav Thomas Hobson is a joke and i am hoping that NEARLY CAUGHT will prove the best of Morrisons 2 runners and repay ew support. He ran well in 2nd in a group 2 in Germany last time over 2 miles and with 4 places available there may be a bit of value with NEARLY CAUGHT.

mailburner wrote: »
    3.40 queen of bermuda 6/1 ew 5 places
    5.0 dreamfield 4/1 win
    3.50re eeh bah gum 5/4 win (again)

treble also

treble/ew accum with natalies joy in the first as ascot 6/4
    too short for a single in a race of that nature

I might need my head examined taking 4/1 on a horse for the wokingham but this dreamfield looks like a monster (See last run)
    have silent echo in my tracker so having an ew saver on that at 16s

qob very disappointing
    eeh bah gum wins easily at 15/8
    dreamfield loses out by a neck but silent echo places at 20s (5th)

two days in a row I haven't lost :cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Word for Scriobh Nua 7pm

BACACARAT 5 OC Newmarket was not beaten far last time and is the days best bet.The Balding stable did not have a great season but signs are that the horses are running much better now and i expect the yard to get plenty of winners from now on.

JURZ can win his first handicap for Roger Varian,the 4 oc in Nottingham following a good run last time.

I backed GOLDEN STEPS ew last time but the horse could only finish 4th.I will back it ew at 8s in the 4 50 at Newcastle to win a decent pot.Well handicapped- a stone below its last win the horse has a good chance to get back to winning ways.

BACACARAT 5 OC Newmarket was not beaten far last time and is the days best bet.The Balding stable did not have a great season but signs are that the horses are running much better now and i expect the yard to get plenty of winners from now on.

JURZ can win his first handicap for Roger Varian,the 4 oc in Nottingham following a good run last time.

I backed GOLDEN STEPS ew last time but the horse could only finish 4th.I will back it ew at 8s in the 4 50 at Newcastle to win a decent pot.Well handicapped- a stone below its last win the horse has a good chance to get back to winning ways.

BACACARAT a non-runner so just the two bets today.

think harry beau can go close in the 8.50 chester, nicely drawn in 2 also for a runner that probably has to lead (1st/2nd in 5 of last 6)
    best at 7/2

have a much bigger bet on three places which is best priced 4/5 with skybet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nothingbutbets

5:20 golden Jeffery 4/1 - got word from the course in this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

5:20 golden Jeffery 4/1 - got word from the course in this one

Unseated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Prince Of Arran in 2.05
    20-1
    5 places
    Has run in some great races, good value for a place.

Patrick 2.15
    Bottom weight, if it can run a similar race as last years renewal it should place
    40-1 5 places

Best horse in race, gave him far too much of a lead

Patrick needed blinkers, did not know what to do that horse. Never got down to business, looking here and there, never making its mind up as to what path to take.

PRINCE ELZAAM did well for our syndicate York Thoroughbred Racing,virtually unbacked (by members) we were delighted to see our colt come home in 4th,a length and a half off the winner despite finding a little trouble in running and tender handling by Danny Tudhope.

Today was about educating the colt and finding out if he had a couple of gears,hence the drift to 12/1 and i think we have something to look forward to provided he remains sound.

A nice saturday contest would suit and we are looking forward to his next outing.

The "PRINCE" runs in the first at Thirsk 2.20 tomorrow for our very small syndicate,(York Thoroughbred Racing) and we are hopeful of a very good run.I Believe in You finished a length in front of our horse and has won its next two by wide margins,bolting in by 4 1/2 lengths in a class 4 at Hamilton yesterday.

We are very happy with our colt and expect him to run well on only his 2nd run but we may have come up against a very good filly in Imokalee trained by Fahey.

Imokalee finished 3rd btn 3/4 length behind Aerosphere and Shumookhi at Beverley on its only run with Signora Cabello a length behind in 4th.Shumookhi won its next race and Signora Cabello won its next 3 races inc a listed race and the Group 2 Queen Mary at Royal Ascot a few weeks ago.

We would appear to be up against it but we cant be afraid of just one horse and while it is unfortunate that Imokalee is in the race It is not easy to get most of our syndicate together and PRINCE ELZAAM takes his chance.

I will know a bit more tomorrow and will post around lunch time.

PRINCE ELZAAM is a very poor price on the basis of one run,there may be an over reaction to I Believe in You winning very easily on mon in a small field class 4.whatever the reason its a bad price,the horse should come on for its run and has tightened up i am told and we are expecting a very good run.

The best form on offer though is still Imokalee's and it is hard to get away from the form of Shumookhi and in particular Queen Mary winner Signora Cabello.

I will back Prince Elzaam but wont have as much on as i intended due to the prescence of Imokalee,it is always possible that Imokalee has not come on to the extent that Signor Cabello has but one must try to be objective and look at a race in as an unbiased way as possible and if we get a good run from our horse i will be happy.

It would be nice to hear that Imokalee was not well fancied and if that should happen i will pass on a more positive word for our one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

he is drifting and your one is shortening anyway

Nothing else to report except stable expecting a very good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Nothing else to report except stable expecting a very good run.

Best of luck Zimmer...

razorhead wrote: »
    Best of luck Zimmer...

Well done, had to do it the hard way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well done Zimmer, touched 10/1 in running

well done fella :) nice little drift to 2s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Well done Zimmer did it well considering traffic problems

Thanks guys,he is entered at Beverley on sat but unlikely to run,there are a couple of races for him in just over a month in Thirsk again and will probably be stepped up to 7 furlongs which will really suit him.

He did it well today and it may turn out to be a reasonable contest.Danny Tudhope was good on the horse today and said he had more to offer and except for being short of room would have won handy,though he only showed him the whip once and the manner of the win might mean he will not be handicapped too badly.

Word for mizuri in the 8.00

Late notice

I was surprised when FAADHEL took the lead early in the race as i fully expected he would come from behind.May not be as well handicapped as i thought but i will give him another chance when hopefully he comes from behind.At least i broke even on the race.

Tonight FAADHEL came from behind as i expected him to do last time and got up on the line,was available at 9/2 all day.

Patience is needed in this game.

TAPIS LIBRA beat Whinging Willie a head in this last year and is 2 lbs better off now.TAPIS rider dropped her whip just before the final furlong last year but still got home and the 10 year old can win this lady amateur riders derby at 6 oc Epsom.

TAPLIS LIBRA has won it 3 times already and is campaigned with the race in mind,can be backed at 7/2 and the fact that horse and rider have plenty course experience make it a good bet.Some horses and riders will be all at sea on the unique track and TAPIS LIBRA can make it 4 wins.

Watch out for a change of plan with Prince Elzaam.

Horse now goes to Beverley on saturday in the first at 2oc,is in good shape and did not have a hard race wednesday.

The Beverley race has cut up and while the "prince "has to give weight to all he should win as the 1 and a half furlongs extra should suit him well.

If he goes well here he will be given a break before going for a good race in York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Word is there is a bit of a gamble in the Junction this evening. Don't have definite info yet.

• Advertisement

TAPIS LIBRA beat Whinging Willie a head in this last year and is 2 lbs better off now.TAPIS rider dropped her whip just before the final furlong last year but still got home and the 10 year old can win this lady amateur riders derby at 6 oc Epsom.

TAPLIS LIBRA has won it 3 times already and is campaigned with the race in mind,can be backed at 7/2 and the fact that horse and rider have plenty course experience make it a good bet.Some horses and riders will be all at sea on the unique track and TAPIS LIBRA can make it 4 wins.

Some ride by Jo Mason, great shout Zimmer, what price in running?

Advertisement