Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,870 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I like plutonian in the 4.40 (worried about banditry though) never runs a bad race

4/1 ew 1/4 bet365
    bigger bet on three places 11/10 (lads)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Dougan at 9/1 might be worth a few quid ew in the 4 15 at Doncaster,Dougan has been running well and Poppy Bridgwater,claiming 7 lbs might be just whats needed to get Dougan home in this lady riders handicap.She is riding very well for the last few weeks with a better than 50% strike rate.
    The horse is available at 10s in places but PP go 5 places and that will do me.

This is a good example of siding with the value wherever we find it.

Dougan finished 5th and i got paid.

Dancing Star ran well when moved up to 7 furlongs last time and has a chance in the group 3 at 1.50 Doncaster.
    Older horses do not normally win this race for fillies and mares but Dancing Star might be good enough today.

Anna Nerium could be best of the 3 year olds and i will chance a rev forecast on the 2.

Walton Street ew in the 3 oc Don has a lot of weight but still has a very good chance with Buick on board,made the running for a stablemate last time and today could be the day.

Andrew Balding sends a big team with chances to Chester and Pass The Gin,a course winner could go well in the 2 35 following a close-up 6th in a hot nursery in Newmarket.

Balding runs Absolutely So in the 4 30 in a claiming handicap which is a huge drop in class.
    The horse did not get close this year in 3 runs but they were probably the toughest 7 furlong handicaps run all season.A few quid ew might give a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

My good luck charm is back over on the other thread after a break for day 7/7 of opposing.
    He's gone with an outsider (DBH but hsa drifted out to @23 now).
    Instead went last night with Fastar@8.5 in this (15:55), but may be subject to R4.

flADZft.png

In the (prefered) ExPlaces races ,went last night with Theglasgowwarrior@26 (still around this price). Also safer Alt in the form of Austrian school @10.
    Another (4pl) wilcard Normandy Barriere@11 (17:15) to add to mixed e/w arrays, including two across in stick ball (golf).

BOG (@34) for TGW

P5VqGak.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My good luck charm is back over on the other thread after a break for day 7/7 of opposing.
    He's gone with an outsider (DBH but hsa drifted out to @23 now).
    Instead went last night with Fastar@8.5 in this (15:55), but may be subject to R4.

flADZft.png

In the (prefered) ExPlaces races ,went last night with Theglasgowwarrior@26 (still around this price). Also safer Alt in the form of Austrian school @10.
    Another (4pl) wilcard Normandy Barriere@11 (17:15) to add to mixed e/w arrays, including two across in stick ball (golf).

Jesus you spout some nonsense, have you ever even posted a winner? Don't give me the ****e about the accumulator you nearly won either

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Jesus you spout some nonsense, have you ever even posted a winner? Don't give me the ****e about the accumulator you nearly won either

Yes, some of the few of bets here (over last few pages) all directly opposing the 'boy, over on the other thread, have mostly won or placed during the short 7 from 7 experiment.

I'd be concerned for the 100 or so following his recommendations, some nastly loosing streak, hope for all your sakes it improves. Will continue to opoose, (but no longer post here as this short experiment has now ended).

Btw, Large (e/w) accumulators don't need to win, just place for good returns.

e.g. This recent 5-fold(e/w) just a couple of days ago equates to x122.75 ROI - just for the place parts. Offered 50% cashout, but Wu leads in the golf so will hang on a bit longer!

ah9GCtc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Yes, some of the few of bets here (over last few pages) all directly opposing the 'boy, over on the other thread, have mostly won or placed during the short 7 from 7 experiment.

I'd be concerned for the 100 or so following his recommendations, some nastly loosing streak, hope for all your sakes it improves. Will continue to opoose, (but no longer post here as this short experiment has now ended).

Btw, Large (e/w) accumulators don't need to win, just place for good returns.

e.g. This recent 5-fold(e/w) just a couple of days ago equates to x122.75 ROI - just for the place parts. Offered 50% cashout, but Wu leads in the golf so will hang on a bit longer!

ah9GCtc.png

At least he is transparent with his bets and isn't spoofing about imaginary winning bets.

Have you actually ever put up a winning accum beforehand? Placed or outright win?

Does anyone,like me believe that La Ti Dar is way too short in the betting for the Leger at Doncaster tomorrow?The horse was impressive in beating Light of Joy in a listed race by a big margin 10 lengths but the horse he beat was last of 10 in its previous race.
    Light of Joy won a class 4 handicap before that and while i respect very much trainer John Gosden i cannot accept the horse should be fav.

I believe KEW GARDENS is the best bet in the race and can reverse placings with Old Persian over the mile six.
    Kew Gardens had a lot to do that day and won a group 1 win in France in his previous race.

I will have a decent bet on Kew Gardens and a small saver at 28/1 on Maid Up who was supplemented for this and may run better than her price suggests.

Mustashry drops back in trip to a distance he has never tried before and if this were a mile race today i would be happier,however in the belief that Michael Stoute knows a hell of a lot more than i do about the horse i will back it at 10/3 PP 2.25 Don.

Dubawi Prince 5.55 Don is likely to to show more improvement than the others as he is lightly raced and ran well last time following a layoff.

• Advertisement

Shailene 2 40 Chester has a great chance refused to go in the stalls last time sure to be better educated can win for an informal trainer at 4 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,870 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

biggest bet in a while on lah ti dar at 13/5 (matchbook)

I'll be taking a break if my bad run continues :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Does anyone,like me believe that La Ti Dar is way too short in the betting for the Leger at Doncaster tomorrow?The horse was impressive in beating Light of Joy in a listed race by a big margin 10 lengths but the horse he beat was last of 10 in its previous race.
    Light of Joy won a class 4 handicap before that and while i respect very much trainer John Gosden i cannot accept the horse should be fav.

I believe KEW GARDENS is the best bet in the race and can reverse placings with Old Persian over the mile six.
    Kew Gardens had a lot to do that day and won a group 1 win in France in his previous race.

I will have a decent bet on Kew Gardens and a small saver at 28/1 on Maid Up who was supplemented for this and may run better than her price suggests.
    Boom

KEW did it well and the sp was decent even though i topped up a little at 7/2 today.

The legendary Timmy Hyde sends STACEY SUE to Wor today to contest the bumper at 3 50.

Timmy still keeps his hand in and sells young horses all the time.It is a bit unusual for him to send one across the water who already has good form for a mickey mouse bumper worth very small money.

He could be selling the horse or it may be the case that he is trying give his grandson Harry Swan his first winner.Harry has only had a handful of rides and looked none too polished in the finish on board Stacey Sue last time.With Charlie Swan as his sire he is bred for the top and was on the winning team in a junior show jumping international.

Stacey Sue should win today and perhaps launch young Swan on a racing career.There are only 2 who could give him a race today,Represented who is useful and Berberu to a lesser extent and we might be witnessing the launch of a rider destined for the top.

The legendary Timmy Hyde sends STACEY SUE to Wor today to contest the bumper at 3 50.

Timmy still keeps his hand in and sells young horses all the time.It is a bit unusual for him to send one across the water who already has good form for a mickey mouse bumper worth very small money.

He could be selling the horse or it may be the case that he is trying give his grandson Harry Swan his first winner.Harry has only had a handful of rides and looked none too polished in the finish on board Stacey Sue last time.With Charlie Swan as his sire he is bred for the top and was on the winning team in a junior show jumping international.

Stacey Sue should win today and perhaps launch young Swan on a racing career.There are only 2 who could give him a race today,Represented who is useful and Berberu to a lesser extent and we might be witnessing the launch of a rider destined for the top.

Won as expected and wont be surprised if he is aboard some fancied ones from now on.Not the finished article yet but Swan can only get better with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Well spotted.

Saw the post too late

UNCLE NORMAN has run 4 times and his sp was 16/1,66/1,100/1 and 28/1 last time out.

I put the horse in my tracker when it finished 5 and 1/4 lengths 8th behind Prince Elzaam when the Prince won his first race for us.The horse did not reappear for 70 days and had a new trainer,T D Easterby in a nursery at Carlisle where he finished 4th running on well having started very slowly.

He has run on well in his last 3 races doing his best work all too late.I know nothing about the horse except what i saw and read,i have no idea why he was off for 70 days nor why he moved from Tinkler to Easterby.

However i do believe he could be extremely well handicapped and there are some tenuous lines of form that support that view.Seven furlongs in a modest handicap (2.40 Redcar) may be long enough to make him competitive or he might want a bit further.

His last run was on heavy but he showed similar form on good ground.There is not enough evidence to have a real go at this fellow but i have had €25 ew at 11/1 and i might have a little more tomorrow.

DURATION can win the 8. 30 at Kempton,the Kingsclere racing club summer magazine gave this one a good mention when stating"DURATION who has taken the full duration to get the hang of things.He showed definite improvement when an unlucky 4th at Wolverhampton and hopefully when stepped up to 2 miles he can win beore very long."

He duly won over 2 miles and only gone up 3 lbs can win again at 7/2 -4/1 that is available tonight.

Ryan Moore down to Kempton for jist one ride on the favourite in the 7 o clock. 2/1

Massam in the 1.50 Yarmouth should win too 8/11.

Long call in the 3.20 I'm not as confident on but gonna add him to a treble

• Advertisement

BABY PINK does not appear to be the most fancied of Joseph Obriens 3 or 4 runners in the 5 15 at Galway but I think he will repay ew support at 12 or 14 to 1.PP and Lads paying 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

BABY PINK does not appear to be the most fancied of Joseph Obriens 3 or 4 runners in the 5 15 at Galway but I think he will repay ew support at 12 or 14 to 1.PP and Lads paying 4 places.

Great call Zimmer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Nice one Zimmer. The betting balance is looking healthy now after your recent shouts. Keep it up. :)

Ryan Moore down to Kempton for jist one ride on the favourite in the 7 o clock. 2/1

Massam in the 1.50 Yarmouth should win too 8/11.

Long call in the 3.20 I'm not as confident on but gonna add him to a treble

1st

1st

3rd

A good enough day,Duration was disappointing.a big drifter who was never put into the race and ran on well when the race was over for 3rd so not much damage done.

I will pay attention to the entries for Duration as today was not the plan.

Encore dor for Ryan Moore 5.10 yarmouth

Geetanjaali 4.55

My double for tomorrow

Wadilsafa 3.15 added for a treble too

ARCHETYPE has some reasonable listed form in France and his Sandown form reads 1,1,2.

Is a best price 13/2 with PP and i put a few quid on ew.The fav for the race Wadilsafa is way too short on what the basis of what he has achieved.

Lightly raced and with potential he may improve on what he has shown to date but 4/6 is way too short and i backed ARCHETYPE ew.

ROCK THE CRADLE is worth a very small ew bet in the 3oc at Yarmouth.The 66/1 on offer with PP and some others is too big.I do not usually bet on unraced horses but at the price i will make an exception.

DANCING BRAVE BEAR from the same stable is ew value at 12/1 in the 3 35 back over a more suitable trip.

Encore dor for Ryan Moore 5.10 yarmouth

Geetanjaali 4.55

My double for tomorrow

Wadilsafa 3.15 added for a treble too

1st

1st

And

1st

Hope somebody got on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

1st

1st

And

1st

Hope somebody got on

I did 2/3.... no cooking for me tonight... takeaway 😊. Thanks for the tips 😊

Advertisement