Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Lot of rubbish going on in this thread over the last few days and it stops now. If a bet is not posted in this thread then it's after timing. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Kirkland forever 5.05

Field gun 8.45

Kirkland forever 5.05

Field gun 8.45

1st

narrow 2nd. the fecker.

11/8 winner tho so still profit.

14 wins. 8 losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

No joy yesterday and Uncle Norman no longer in the tracker but will probably win a race.

CORAL BEACH at 5/2 is still a maiden after 10 runs for Aiden OBrien and normally that would be enough to put me off.However this fellow has run many sound races and can be deemed unlucky not to have got his head in front.

Ran a very good race last time (well backed) when a few horses were heavily punted and can finally win today with the Weld runner the most likely danger.
    PP 5/2 and i have taken that price.

Tempus 3.00 Nottingham

Buffalo river 5.40

Sovereign grant 6.10

• Advertisement

Adjourned 4.50 Southwell is short enough at 6 to 4 but is "expected" despite being unraced.

Tempus 3.00 Nottingham

Buffalo river 5.40

Sovereign grant 6.10

2nd. Beaten in a photo the fecker.

1st

1st

16w. 9l.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Adjourned 4.50 Southwell is short enough at 6 to 4 but is "expected" despite being unraced.
    Excellent tiping all round today lads

Kalahari queen 1.25

Kalahari queen 1.25

2nd. Rats

• Advertisement

EMPIRE LINE was very well backed in the race won by Festina Plante over 5 furlongs 3 weeks ago.
    I think that was a very good race and i put the third horse (Coral Beach) up as a good bet a couple of days ago and it won,the betting suggested this was a very good race with 3 or 4 heavily backed and EMPIRE LINE who was 5th can only improve on its 2nd run.

A couple are short enough in the betting and at 6/1--13/2 this looks an ew bet to nothing in the5. 30 Dun.

Maria's benefit 3.25

Pretty Pollyanna 3.35

EMPIRE LINE was very well backed in the race won by Festina Plante over 5 furlongs 3 weeks ago.
    I think that was a very good race and i put the third horse (Coral Beach) up as a good bet a couple of days ago and it won,the betting suggested this was a very good race with 3 or 4 heavily backed and EMPIRE LINE who was 5th can only improve on its 2nd run.

A couple are short enough in the betting and at 6/1--13/2 this looks an ew bet to nothing in the5. 30 Dun.

I hope a few punters took the 6s--13/2 that was available,this horse is well fancied and being backed,could go off at 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hidden message Newmarket 2.25
    Shimmer and shine Downpatrick 3.05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Atlas 7/1 7.30 Dundalk

Won this race last year beating the favourite. Has not won since but 5lbs lower than that win now and claiming 3.

Maria's benefit 3.25

Pretty Pollyanna 3.35

1st

3rd

17w 11l

Well backed but the fav came out on top,anyone who backed Empire Line in the shops Lads and PP get money back as a free bet,usual terms.

The Cesarewitch is a 30+ handicap run over 2 miles 2 furlongs at Newmarket and traditionally was a great betting race with lots of plots and gambles.

With huge money going to the winner the race attracts a better class of horse now and all the top trainers are represented and W Mullins has 7 entries!

Punters would probably be better off swerving this puzzle but i cant resist having a bet on the race and after a couple of hours going through the race i decided to put my tenner ew on CLEONTE trained by Andrew Balding.

A thorough stayer,who was aimed at this race after winning over two miles at Ascot beating Stars Over The Sea.A few pounds better off with that horse now,i backed it at 14/1 with PP who are going 7 places and i believe CLEONTE will give us a good run.

PERSIAN KING in the 2.25 at Newmarket is my best bet tomorrow,trained in France by A Fabre who does not send them over on wild goose chases.A wide margin winner of his last 2 races he can manage the step up in class,7/4 generally i am hoping he may drift to 2s.

My other bet tomorrow is the Jim Bolger trained TWILIGHT PAYMENT in the listed race at 2 45 in Limerick,sure to be suited by the softish ground (stays much further) this represents a drop in class and at 11/4-3/1 looks a good bet to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Shadow Seven Limerick 3:55 4/1 currently

• Advertisement

The Munster National is an open race and i am having a few quid ew on SPIDER WEB who was running a very good race before falling when staying on in 7th in a valuable handicap chase in Galway last time.That was a rough race and he will have learnt a good bit from it.

With only 9-11 today he is worth an ew bet at the 16s available.Lim 4.45.

MACAQUE at 11/1 is also worth an ew bet in the 5.30 at Goodwood,the course will suit as i think he is best on an easy track rather than a stiff one.
    Not one to have the house on but a modest ew might give a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

The Munster National is an open race and i am having a few quid ew on SPIDER WEB who was running a very good race before falling when staying on in 7th in a valuable handicap chase in Galway last time.That was a rough race and he will have learnt a good bit from it.

With only 9-11 today he is worth an ew bet at the 16s available.Lim 4.45.

MACAQUE at 11/1 is also worth an ew bet in the 5.30 at Goodwood,the course will suit as i think he is best on an easy track rather than a stiff one.
    Not one to have the house on but a modest ew might give a return.

Nice tipping. It was something like a slingshot, the way he made up so much ground at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Excellent shout Zimmer! Not quite sure how Spider Web got up at the end there but I’m sure glad he did!! Thanks again!

Brilliant tipping. Thanks

A very good week,only got back from a week in Portugal monday (hence no activity that week) and very happy to have picked up a good few quid this week when things went mostly my way.

For those who bet on the dogs a punting buddy of mine asked me to go to Tralee tonight to back trap 3 in the 7.59.Dogs are not my thing but the dog hacked up last time and while stepping up in class connections think he can win again.

I am not going but as my luck in very much in i will have a few quid on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For those who bet on the dogs a punting buddy of mine asked me to go to Tralee tonight to back trap 3 in the 7.59.Dogs are not my thing but the dog hacked up last time and while stepping up in class connections think he can win again.

The dogs are handy enough (via Sky 3pl/6). A crowd I follow did a handy 2000/1 acca while ago (only got on 7 see other thread, but @108)

They favour (NB) T6 in the 19:53 (C'Park) tonight at about 1.8, as does another seperate crowd on one of the Sat broadcast networks. The only issue is Sky don't offer Tralee for ExPlaces.

But could double this and Tralee elsewhere though.
    For Trixie, it's a coin flip between T1 or T5 in the 20:09 CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

A very good week,only got back from a week in Portugal monday (hence no activity that week) and very happy to have picked up a good few quid this week when things went mostly my way.

dog flew home..................................nice one

I LOVE DAYS LIKE THIS! breaks in front and never headed.

I only dip into the racing forum occasionally now, I'm richer for dipping today. Chuffed with meself. Muches Gracias.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Tralee tonight to back trap 3 in the 7.59.

Dog won. As they say when the goings good...

The coin flip was T1 (not 5) in the 20:09 and the other part of the suggested trixie 19:53 placed.

0v0rqR8.png

Advertisement