Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The Munster National is an open race and i am having a few quid ew on SPIDER WEB who was running a very good race before falling when staying on in 7th in a valuable handicap chase in Galway last time.That was a rough race and he will have learnt a good bit from it.

With only 9-11 today he is worth an ew bet at the 16s available.Lim 4.45.

MACAQUE at 11/1 is also worth an ew bet in the 5.30 at Goodwood,the course will suit as i think he is best on an easy track rather than a stiff one.
    Not one to have the house on but a modest ew might give a return.

I missed this by about ten mins, I actually felt sick last night over it. I'm still not right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

ROCK THE CRADLE 3.35 Leicster is 33/1 but i think the gelding is worth a small ew bet.

He finished 8th of 11 in his only run in a class 4 at Yarmouth,only beaten 3 and 3/4 lengths and not knocked about.

Seven of the 11 in that race have run and 3 of the 7 have won with the others running well.

I have no idea if the horse is fancied tomorrow but i have put a tenner ew on and a small ew could be a bit of value.

Despite 3 45 Huntingdon has his first run for Alan King today having been pulled up last time.
    He is expected to be much better today and the 9 to 2 got with Lads is a good price. I expect it will go off shorter.Dexcite is the name of the horse and while it's form is dreadful I believe it is expected to do much better today.

No joy today but one at a decent price might get me back in the winners tomorrow.

The 5. 10 at Newcastle is a two miler full of out of form horses and plodders and at 9/1 ST ANDREWS looks to have a real chance.

An inexperienced jockey (6 wins) and a trainer (Gillian Boanas) who is unknown does not put me off.The trainer took over from Jack Reveley recently when he retired and has been in the yard for 25 years and will be anxious to get a winner.

3 of the last 6 races he cotested were class 5s and the horse rarely runs a bad race and he can come good in an ordinary class 6 and repay ew support.PP are 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

No joy today but one at a decent price might get me back in the winners tomorrow.

The 5. 10 at Newcastle is a two miler full of out of form horses and plodders and at 9/1 ST ANDREWS looks to have a real chance.

An inexperienced jockey (6 wins) and a trainer (Gillian Boanas) who is unknown does not put me off.The trainer took over from Jack Reveley recently when he retired and has been in the yard for 25 years and will be anxious to get a winner.

3 of the last 6 races he cotested were class 5s and the horse rarely runs a bad race and he can come good in an ordinary class 6 and repay ew support.PP are 4 places

I'd love to know what price it went in-running. WP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Thanks, again. A mile out de back on de home turn

Dice75 wrote: »
    Went big i would say,but was in front when it counted,Gillian will be happy and the young lad had to go to the rail from a wide draw and certainly kept his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Went big i would say,but was in front when it counted,Gillian will be happy and the young lad had to go to the rail from a wide draw and certainly kept his head.

Watched it back again there. I'd imagine he will be up for ride of the month possibly. Broke badly losing 4l, took his punishment and went inside and around last. If you watch entering the home straight with 4f left he appears into picture giving the horse everything just to pass one to go 2nd last. Starts looking like a possible place hitting the furlong pole and then the front 5 empty and he flies by :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Momentarily 8.45 Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Dice75 wrote: »

69/1

• Advertisement

Momentarily 8.45 Newcastle

2nd.

17w 12l

ITIZZIT has been running well and can win the 6.15 at Chelmsford.His trainer has not won a race for more than 800 days so it is likely the horse may drift.

PP is longer than most bookmakers at 9/2 so i took a bit of that ew and am hoping it will drift a bit.

Moonball 3.40 tramore

Moonball 3.40 tramore

Coasting clear and fell at 3rd last. Ugh

17wins. 13 losses.

I backed Praxidice at evens in the 2 30 Haydock
    Only has 1 to beat. and Lost Treasure 8 oc Dundalk.Can be a tric key ride but blinkers and holding up until very late should do the trick got 11 to 4 which is good enough price imo
    Praxidice has taken a walk in the market with Welcoming being supported.

I backed Praxidice at evens in the 2 30 Haydock
    Only has 1 to beat. and Lost Treasure 8 oc Dundalk.Can be a tric key ride but blinkers and holding up until very late should do the trick got 11 to 4 which is good enough price imo
    Praxidice has taken a walk in the market with Welcoming being supported.

Money was down Praxidice never looked like winning.

Lost Treasure is a bit of a monkey,i am still trying to figure why he was taken out wide when he was nicely covered up where he was.I will look at the race a couple of more times but will probably swerve the horse in future as i should have done today.

Excellent racing at Ascot tomorrow and i have backed 3 horses ew who i believe have realistic chances.A Fabre sends the Godolphin owned KITESURF from France to take on La Ti Dar in the 2 40 and she has every chance on her favoured ground and trip, at 5/1 she is worth backing. Money back online if the fav wins.

I also look to France for the winner of the 3 15 as i give RECOLETOS ridden by O Peslier a very good chance at 11/2 4 places with PP.

The 4 30 is a tough handicap worth 155,000 to the winner and VIA VIA who was a very good third in the Camridgeshire 3 weeks can repay support at 12/1 5 places PP.VIA VIA is owned by 2 professional punters and is certain to be doing his best.

Excellent racing at Ascot tomorrow and i have backed 3 horses ew who i believe have realistic chances.A Fabre sends the Godolphin owned KITESURF from France to take on La Ti Dar in the 2 40 and she has every chance on her favoured ground and trip, at 5/1 she is worth backing. Money back online if the fav wins.

I also look to France for the winner of the 3 15 as i give RECOLETOS ridden by O Peslier a very good chance at 11/2 4 places with PP.

The 4 30 is a tough handicap worth 155,000 to the winner and VIA VIA who was a very good third in the Camridgeshire 3 weeks can repay support at 12/1 5 places PP.VIA VIA is owned by 2 professional punters and is certain to be doing his best.

Got good value on two of my picks as RECOLETOS and VIA VIA have shortened up.
    I am adding MUTARABBY (blinkers on today) in the 6 45 at Wol to the 3 already backed and will do an ew lucky 15.
    The horse has never run over a mile and a half and i cannot be certain he gets the trip but he ran on well over 10 furlongs at Newmarket last year and also stayed on well over the stiffer Les 10 furlongs.

Available at 8/1 in several places (not to me as i will do the lucky 15 in lads after 12 for the guarantee on multiples) i will take a chance he gets the trip with veteran Dane Oneill on board.
    That is it for me today but if get no joy in the afternoon racing i will probably back MUTARABBY on his own tonight.Good luck to all.

Lah ti dar 2.40

Stradivarius in the opener at ascot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Pilaster in Ascot's 2:40 to be placed (15/8 in the '4 places' market on BF).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Usually a mid division waited with ride.... but today almost made the running.

/Scratches head.

Lah ti dar 2.40

Stradivarius in the opener at ascot

3rd

1st

There is plenty of money for the fav in the Welsh Champion hurdle but i think Mohaayd the cheltenham winner is worth backing and the Skeltons are in good form.4 25 F Las.

No joy today,Mutarabby would have got me out but seemed to be given too much to do and was very wide.Not blaming the pilot as the horse was not certain to stay but at least i got the place money.

Three of the other 4 i mentioned were 1 place short of making the frame and giving me a little profit but thats racing and we must accept it.

Got very sold word for Peruvian Lily 1 45 Gowran and I backed it ew at 15 to 2.
    Was also told Tankerville is a bit special in the 2 45.

Got very sold word for Peruvian Lily 1 45 Gowran and I backed it ew at 15 to 2.
    Was also told Tankerville is a bit special in the 2 45.

Hard to beat AOB but info was spot on and the place money secured.

Only got 5/4 on Tankerville but ran out an easy winner.

Our useful colt Prince Elzaam goes to the sales on tue and we are hoping for a good price that might enable our small syndicate to buy 2 horses to race for us next year.Three new members have come on board making 16 in all and if things work we will buy again at the Breeze Up sale.

I am a bit sorry to see the "prince" go as i think he can continue to run well and might be better than his 89 rating.We have a reserve on the horse and are agreed that if we don't get the reserve price we will race him as a 3 year old next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I am a bit sorry to see the "prince" go as i think he can continue to run well and might be better than his 89 rating.We have a reserve on the horse and are agreed that if we don't get the reserve price we will race him as a 3 year old next year.

I honestly think ye should be holding onto him. He will probably develop more in next year and more than likely give you a good few more good days out.
    I hope you don't reach the reserve and end up keeping him and making a fortune off him in prize money.
    Best of luck whatever happens

idnkph wrote: »
    I honestly think ye should be holding onto him. He will probably develop more in next year and more than likely give you a good few more good days out.
    I hope you don't reach the reserve and end up keeping him and making a fortune off him in prize money.
    Best of luck whatever happens

We can keep him but the syndicate is structured so that we only pay training fees for the turf flat season and the horse is to be sold and the money from the sale distributed to members.

Members can decide to keep the horse in training but the current view is that we should sell if the money is right.I have an open mind on it.

Ideological 7 45 Newcastle looks much better than the opposition and I backed it at 6 to 4.
    Trainer in good form and looks better than the other winner.

• Advertisement

Dr sanderden 4.45

Guardiola opener in chelmsford

Advertisement