Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Nothing much today but i backed KINGDOM BRUNEL in the 6 10 at Newcastle at 7/4,OMeara could be running the colt in handicaps but must figure the colt can win a novice race and i think he can beat the fav. Money back if 2nd to the fav as a free bet so in went to few Lads shops.
    A pity Kingdom was a nr as the fav did not appear to be very good imo so money back and a few wasted trips today.

UNCLE JERRY won a fair class 4 nursery 2 weeks ago and can win the class 5 nursery 5.45 at Chelmsford tomorrow.

The fav Chitra has mainly contested class 6s and does not seem as good as UNCLE JERRY to me.

The winner should come from the top 5 in the handicap and i make UNCLE JERRY comfortably the best.Nicola Currie won on the horse last time and takes the ride again tomorrow and i dont believe she will be beaten,the 9/2 with Lads will not be available at racetime imo and represents good value ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Looked at the race as well and believe uncle Jerry is the one to beat unless the yard lay it

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Looked at the race as well and believe uncle Jerry is the one to beat unless the yard lay it[/QUOTE
    I take the view that most run on their merits,otherwise it would be difficult for me to have a bet.

Horses run over wrong distances,run when not fully wound up,are given an easy time when drawn badly to obtain a lower mark rather than being "stopped.

It is a bit like golf,a genuine 7 handicapper can hardly ever beat a genuine 3 or 4 handicapper.The challenge in racing is to try and find "live ones" in handicaps and as i love big handicaps finding one thats value appeals to me.

Other punters only bet on group or listed races where favs win more often but prices can be skinny.The last big handicap on the flat takes place on sat at Doncaster and i will be trying to find one or two to bet on and it would be a good excercise for punters to try to find the winner or at least reduce the field to 3 or 4 that are worth looking at.

Back to UNCLE JERRY,the price available last night when i posted was 9/2 Lads but i could only get 4/1 online with PP but i still thought 4/1 was good value,now i hope he drifts and wins lol,we can't be satisfied! Happy punting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Looked at the race as well and believe uncle Jerry is the one to beat unless the yard lay it[/QUOTE
    I take the view that most run on their merits,otherwise it would be difficult for me to have a bet.

Horses run over wrong distances,run when not fully wound up,are given an easy time when drawn badly to obtain a lower mark rather than being "stopped.

It is a bit like golf,a genuine 7 handicapper can hardly ever beat a genuine 3 or 4 handicapper.The challenge in racing is to try and find "live ones" in handicaps and as i love big handicaps finding one thats value appeals to me.

Other punters only bet on group or listed races where favs win more often but prices can be skinny.The last big handicap on the flat takes place on sat at Doncaster and i will be trying to find one or two to bet on and it would be a good excercise for punters to try to find the winner or at least reduce the field to 3 or 4 that are worth looking at.

Back to UNCLE JERRY,the price available last night when i posted was 9/2 Lads but i could only get 4/1 online with PP but i still thought 4/1 was good value,now i hope he drifts and wins lol,we can't be satisfied! Happy punting.

How easy was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'll be able to retire soon!! Thanks Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great stuff yet again, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz747

Top Tip ZIMMER!

The November handicap at Doncaster brings the turf season to a close and i have always had an interest in this race.

Often run on bad ground,it appears to be good this year and it might be worth backing one at an ew price as favs have a very poor record in the race,

Horses who have run well in the race before have a good record and course form is a plus in this tough race.

EDDYSTONE ROCK is possibly the best handicapped horse in Britain this year,3rd in this last year the horse is now a stone better in he looks like a handicap snip.

Ran a very good race in Naas last week (sp 25/1) benind Mr Everest (which i tipped) to finish 5th in what looked like a prep for this,a couple of seemingly poor runs previously can be ignored as this race would appear to be the plan.

There is so much form that makes Eddystonerock look a serious bet that would take too much time to write it all up here.

In my opinion the horse is almost a stone well in and with PP going 6 places he must be a very good ew bet.€50 ew for me in a race that can be rough and horses can get blocked at a crucial time.

The horse has so much in his favour that the 14/1 on offer has to be taken and i may go in again in the morning.

My Lord and Master if staying the trip would have a chance as would Now Children as would many more in a very hot race but i am happy to stick with Eddystone Rock who should give ue a good run.

• Advertisement

Island Of Life looks a reasonable bet at 9 to 4 in the 6 45 at Newcastle tonight with Danny Tudhope on board.

Tudhope also rides my ew bet in the 8.15 Zorawar.This horse came from France and is owned by one of Omearas big supporters.

Could be described as disappointing but is slowly coming into form and ran it's best race last time going on at the finish.

The extra furlong tonight will suit and off a mark of 60 in a class 6 is an ew bet at its price of around 8 to 1.
    Just got 17 to 2 4 places in a pp shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Word for Heria 7.30 Dundalk 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Well done again Zimmerman. 1 from 2. Zorowar seemed a bit unlucky in last couple furlongs, bumping in to other horses when trying to get through, took it easy when no chance last half furlong. I was watching on mobile phone so vision not de best.

Zorawar a bit disappointing but will win a race.Island Of Life did it well and ensured a 60 euro profit on the day.

I posted that Tangled was worth an ew bet in the first at Don.It was very late when I posted but I may not have completed the post.

I got 9 to 1 5 places PP.I am not around for any of today's racing so only 2 bets and I may get a chance to watch the 2 at Don the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

The November handicap at Doncaster brings the turf season to a close and i have always had an interest in this race.

Often run on bad ground,it appears to be good this year and it might be worth backing one at an ew price as favs have a very poor record in the race,

Horses who have run well in the race before have a good record and course form is a plus in this tough race.

EDDYSTONE ROCK is possibly the best handicapped horse in Britain this year,3rd in this last year the horse is now a stone better in he looks like a handicap snip.

Ran a very good race in Naas last week (sp 25/1) benind Mr Everest (which i tipped) to finish 5th in what looked like a prep for this,a couple of seemingly poor runs previously can be ignored as this race would appear to be the plan.

There is so much form that makes Eddystonerock look a serious bet that would take too much time to write it all up here.

In my opinion the horse is almost a stone well in and with PP going 6 places he must be a very good ew bet.€50 ew for me in a race that can be rough and horses can get blocked at a crucial time.

The horse has so much in his favour that the 14/1 on offer has to be taken and i may go in again in the morning.

My Lord and Master if staying the trip would have a chance as would Now Children as would many more in a very hot race but i am happy to stick with Eddystone Rock who should give ue a good run.

I like Birds of Prey in same race, but as you say very hot race.

No joy today both of my fancies ran half reasonable races but were not good enough on the day and gave a bit back breaking a good run.

Low grade stuff at Southwell today,a lot of punters do not like Southwell but i usually take an interest in it and have had some success there and we get the same return for a 4/1 winner there as we get anywhere.

Some horses do not like the Fibresand surface and there can be a bit of value to be had by backing horses who have form at the track.

An ew lucky 15 for small stakes is suggested today.
    BREAK THE SILENCE has course form and is running well aroun 9/2-5/1 12.05.
    WELD AL EMERAT won here and has been running in better company 11/2 12.35.(Iwill probably back Gilded Heaven for a win in the race because if acting on the ground is probably very well handicapped)
    CUPIDS ARROW weakened quickly on only run here but appeared to act on the ground and is in such good form is worth chancing at 5/1 in the 1.05.
    COUSIN KHEE is an11 year old who loves the track and can still be competitive,was a much better price last night but at around the 5/1 mark is probably worth including to complete the lucky 15 in the 2.15.

POINT ZERO is gradually improving,ran very well here last time when fancied and should win the last at 3.50 and if evens or better i will have a few quid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yankee for me today

Clondaw anchor 12.55

Vindication 1.30

Dolos2.35

3 favourites. Highly unlikely all 3 will win but small get for interest

There's also a horse in my tracker called panko running at 25s. Needs dry ground tho so depends on the ground. The 2.20

Yankee for me today

Clondaw anchor 12.55

Vindication 1.30

Dolos2.35

3 favourites. Highly unlikely all 3 will win but small get for interest

There's also a horse in my tracker called panko running at 25s. Needs dry ground tho so depends on the ground. The 2.20

Ah lads

1st

1st

2nd

The 2nd lad was walking home til he crashed into the last fence!

• Advertisement

THE RASHER COUNTER 3.30 Hereford very strongly fancied and has the form to make it a serious bet.
    Finished a well btn 3rd behind 2 very useful chasers just over a month ago.Jumped well except for one mistake and is expected to make no mistake now.

16 1/2 lengths behind the winner but could have finished closer and will be better for the race.

The winner has won his only race since,a class 2,the 2nd has won a class 3,the 4th was 2nd,the 5th has not run,and the 6th has also won its next race.

Solid form as well as what i heard makes this my first decent bet over jumps this season.5/1 pp.

There was a lot of confidence behing The Rasher Counter who was hampered at the 1st nearly brought down at the 2nd and was never in it after,hopeully he is ok and we can get our money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Merry Milan at Exeter today in an EW double with silver Tassie at Ayr.

Alsa mix 4.15 if he can get by the favourite I think he'll win

OFF the Hook 2 15 Ayr is a good ew bet in its 1st handicap.First run this season and hopefully fit 12 to 1 Lads.
    Bold Reason 400 Bangor has a good chance in a weak enough race at 4 to 1.

Alsa mix 4.15 if he can get by the favourite I think he'll win

1st.

9/4 when I posted but the favourite pulled out so there was a big rule 4 deduction and he went off at 4/7!

Still profit tho!

A couple of short priced ones that should win.

DEFINITELYANOSCAR fell last time 3 out when going well in a better race than this,is closely matched in the betting with Jilly the Jet but as the winner of a Point and a Bumper to me there is no comparison between the two and i make DEFINITELYANOSCAR a very good bet at 11/8 in the 1 20 at Ludlow.

SHEARIAN ran a blinder 3 days ago on his first visit to Southwell since january and can show again that he loves the surface by beating a bunch of out of form horses.

SHEARIAN has won 5 or 6 times around here and can win the 12.10.

Definitelyanoscar is on the drift as support has come for Jilly the Jet who cost £100,000 however i firmly believe her form in winning a small field point is a long way short of what Definitelyanoscar has achieved and there was some confidence behind Definitely last time, she can beat the short priced fav today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like FRENCH TWIST in the 2:15 @ Southwell today (currently 5/2 on Betfair).

No luck in running last time out but should fare better today with PJ McDonald up.

EDIT: Has drifted out to 11/2 On Betfair. Yikes, doesn't bode well.

I got Jill the Jet right but my fancy ran into one that had obviously improved so just a small profit and will probably not have another bet today.

• Advertisement

I took a chance on REACTIVE 6 15 Chelm,down to a mark of 60 and running on over a mile and a half,ran worst race over 1 mile 6 but that was on dreadful ground and could be worth an ew bet with PP who go 4 places at 13/2.

Advertisement