Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

1.50 sharp response 15/2
    3.30 westend story 9/2

ew singles/ew double

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Backed 6 horses at different amounts today . 6 singles. Most are around the 6/4 Mark. Kasbah is 9s cos it's a money back bet

Side effect 2.10

Addeyb 2.45

Rock the kasbah 1.50 money back is 2nd 3rd or 4th.

Royal illusion 4.00

First assignment 3.00

The world's end 1.15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Splash of Ginge won the 2 25 at Chel last year and also has other good form at the track so I did a small ew bet at 28 to 1 7 places PP.
    Two fast track races at Ling I backed Master the World who won this last year ew at 6s 2 45 and Intisaab also at 6s ew 4 places PP in the 3 15.

Splash of Ginge won the 2 25 at Chel last year and also has other good form at the track so I did a small ew bet at 28 to 1 7 places PP.
    Two fast track races at Ling I backed Master the World who won this last year ew at 6s 2 45 and Intisaab also at 6s ew 4 places PP in the 3 15.

Master the World wins at 6s and Intisaab just beaten a head at 10s.

Splash pulled up 3 out when well behind. A profitable day and not complaining.

Backed 6 horses at different amounts today . 6 singles. Most are around the 6/4 Mark. Kasbah is 9s cos it's a money back bet

Side effect 2.10

Addeyb 2.45

Rock the kasbah 1.50 money back is 2nd 3rd or 4th.

Royal illusion 4.00

First assignment 3.00

The world's end 1.15

5th. Awful performance. Heap of money came for the winner .

3rd. Beaten less than a length.

1st at 9s. Delighted with this one. Guaranteed me profit for the day regardless of all the other bets.

3rd. Beaten one and a half lengths.

1st. 5/2. Won by 9lengths walking home. Decent profit.

3rd. Disappointing.

The 9/1 and 5/2 wins got me lovely profit cos I backed them all as singles.

• Advertisement

When i saw MT LEINSTER bolt up by 22 lengths at B,Robe 2 months ago i said to myself that he looked really useful and worth backing if a reasonable price next time.

He has one to beat, Malone Road in the bumper at 3 55 Punchestown,Malone Road also won his only race,a bumper at D Royal and is acually fav to beat MT LEINSTER.

I believe MT LEINSTER'S form is stronger and i have backed it at 11/10.

The Greatwood hurdle takes place at 3 oc Chel and is always a good betting race.

I am backing one who is a stone higher than for his last win and a stone of a rise would normally put me off but i think STORM RISING still has a bit in hand and at 10/1 with PP going 6 places has to be backed ew.

A good claimer (on board for last two wins) and one of the shrewdest trainers around makes this a very good ew bet. Had smart enough form in ireland and could be a snip for this despite the penalty.

When i saw MT LEINSTER bolt up by 22 lengths at B,Robe 2 months ago i said to myself that he looked really useful and worth backing if a reasonable price next time.

He has one to beat, Malone Road in the bumper at 3 55 Punchestown,Malone Road also won his only race,a bumper at D Royal and is acually fav to beat MT LEINSTER.

I believe MT LEINSTER'S form is stronger and i have backed it at 11/10.

I certainly got that wrong and Malone Road won easily and to make matters worse Lads were money back if 2nd to the fav.

Arch my boy 4.30.

Walked home over 1m6 last time out.

Basically a speed test over 1m3 tomorrow.

Very small wager at 7/2 because it was so impressive last time. If it was over 1 6 id be going way bigger

A new offer in PP shops today,staff said it applies all this week at least,its money back as free bet if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav €20 limit but of course one can do it many times.

As a stunt to generate more business it worked,on me at least as i invested a 100 euro when i might not have.Having said that i only looked at the Kempton card and not any of the other meetings and i may have had a bet if the offer was not available.

Backed 3 horses,20 ew HIGHLIGHT REEL 6/1 5OC,20 win ISOMER 11/4 5.30 and 20 ew 7/1 POTTERS LADY JANE 6.30.

• Advertisement

Arch my boy 4.30.

Walked home over 1m6 last time out.

Basically a speed test over 1m3 tomorrow.

Very small wager at 7/2 because it was so impressive last time. If it was over 1 6 id be going way bigger

2nd.

As pretty much expected, he didnt quite have the pace to match the hot favourite. Will be a contender over 1m 6 again tho IMO and have him in my tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It was an impressive performance by the winner an no doubt going into many trackers also.

A new offer in PP shops today,staff said it applies all this week at least,its money back as free bet if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav €20 limit but of course one can do it many times.

As a stunt to generate more business it worked,on me at least as i invested a 100 euro when i might not have.Having said that i only looked at the Kempton card and not any of the other meetings and i may have had a bet if the offer was not available.

Backed 3 horses,20 ew HIGHLIGHT REEL 6/1 5OC,20 win ISOMER 11/4 5.30 and 20 ew 7/1 POTTERS LADY JANE 6.30.

92 back so 8 euro loss but 1 twenty euro free bet,the winner of the 6.30 was just shaded for favouritism so i would say it is worth paying attention to the offer.

I will see how it goes for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Reckless behavior 13.50 at southwell tomorrow might be a good bit of e/w value

Omeara isays throwing everythicing he can to boost his numbers before the years end.
    Money back 2nd 3rd or 4th to fav at Ling today I backed
    Alex is Carrington 20 win.
    Mujassam 20 win and Highland Acclaim at 20s 10 ew.
    I put my 20 free bet on Slainte And Thanks 3 30 Fakenham a very bad race and if the Irish raider is any use should win it.
    Finally got very good word forTalkingpicturestv in the 3 20 Southwell.

The fast track races at Lingfield is a big pot and can be won by Victory Bond.I would prefer if it was a bit longer. but class could win the day 6 40 .
    The 7 10 also has good prize money and can go to Baydar who has been running well 4 to 1.

Battle Dust 2.25 Hexham

Gonna try 3 tomorrow

Laeith 8.00

Rhythm is a dancer 2.15

Dandolo du 12.25

Nor sure on exact bets yet. Maybe a double on first 2 and a single on 3rd. Or maybe a patent

Gonna try 3 tomorrow

Laeith 8.00

Rhythm is a dancer 2.15

Dandolo du 12.25

Nor sure on exact bets yet. Maybe a double on first 2 and a single on 3rd. Or maybe a patent

2nd. Beaten a nose in the line. Sick

1st. Backed at 8/13. Went off at 1/7!

3rd. Meh. Poor race. Poor performance. The 2nd horse should have walked it if it could jump proper. Added to tracker

Backed LADY COSETTE in the 7 15 at Kem at 6s,has top weight in the nursery but has been running in much better class and Noseda will be anxious to get a win out of the well bred filly.

She has been running over 6 and 7 furlongs and will be suited to the step up to a mile,i got 6s ew.

Also backed GETBACK GETBACK at 8s in the 8 45 and was available at bigger prices beore shortening up and is only around 5/1 now but could be good value.

Someone thinks the step up to a mile and a half from a mile will suit and the Clive Cox trained gelding could improve again and there would appear to be some confidence that he will stay.

Two ew singles and an ew double .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

Backed LADY COSETTE in the 7 15 at Kem at 6s,has top weight in the nursery but has been running in much better class and Noseda will be anxious to get a win out of the well bred filly.

She has been running over 6 and 7 furlongs and will be suited to the step up to a mile,i got 6s ew.

Also backed GETBACK GETBACK at 8s in the 8 45 and was available at bigger prices beore shortening up and is only around 5/1 now but could be good value.

Someone thinks the step up to a mile and a half from a mile will suit and the Clive Cox trained gelding could improve again and there would appear to be some confidence that he will stay.

Two ew singles and an ew double .
    Great call on get back get back!!

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Great call on get back get back!!

The Noseda 2 year old came up against a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Trevelyns Corn 9/4 in places. 12:20 Ascot

Will have a bet this. Recently purchased for £400k

First Assignment is all the rage for the 2.25 at Haydock having won his last two races at Chel,is only 5 lbs higher than for his last win and looks an exciting horse.

However i do not see any value in backing the horse at the poor price of 13/8 and instead i have backed BOBO MAC ew at 9/1 with PP.

A useful bumper horse and hurdler when trained in Ireland he won his maiden hurdle and won a good handicap over 3 miles 1 furlong at Warwick and then had a wind operation and was off for more than 6 months.

He reappeared 16 days ago in a class 2 handicap at Newbury running second to Jersey Bean,4 and a half lengths ahead of the third over 3 miles.

If as i expect he improves for the run he is worth backing ew at 9s.

CARLOVIAN at 4/1 is value ew in the 5.15 at Wol,hardly ever runs a bad race CARLOVIAN will be suited by the return to 6 furlongs and is almost guaranteed to be in the frame.4 places in PP shops.

I have a soft spot for VALDEZ who did me a good turn a long time back,Alan King has persevered with the horse who has proved difficult to keep sound but King said the horse was in good form in a stable tour in the Racing Post a few weeks ago.

I put a tenner ew on at 18/1 hoping the horse would drift a bit but that has not happened,if back to his best would have a chance so just hoping for the best.

I am disappointed that my main bet BOBO MAC was withdrawn in the 2 25 at Haydock.

I invested a good bit of time on that race primarily because i thought First Assignment might be a bit over rated and when that happens we can often get a bit of value so it was annoying for me that BOBO was taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I am disappointed that my main bet BOBO MAC was withdrawn in the 2 25 at Haydock.

I invested a good bit of time on that race primarily because i thought First Assignment might be a bit over rated and when that happens we can often get a bit of value so it was annoying for me that BOBO was taken out.

87H8PzG

CAPTAIN MOWRAY should be fav for the 1 50 at Sedgefield,ran well last time out,trainer in good form and loves a stamina test on good ground.

Ca get detatched sometimes but stays really well and can be strong at the finish.I took the 2s with PP.

CAPTAIN MOWRAY should be fav for the 1 50 at Sedgefield,ran well last time out,trainer in good form and loves a stamina test on good ground.

Ca get detatched sometimes but stays really well and can be strong at the finish.I took the 2s with PP.

Drifted to 7/2 was still in with a bit of a chance until pecked on landing at the last,winners hard to get at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Looking for a little fancy for Limerick today if anyone has one?:rolleyes:

Advertisement