Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

1.00 Navan Salty Boy

This lad is back to Navan for another crack in a decent handicap, I know they think highly of this gelding in the yard as a friend of mine works Debuchet for Mags. This slightly shorter trip a plus and more agressive handling today will see him in better light. He has also seen a few bob in the market which makes him even more interesting at 5-1. Get a few bob on, you could do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nice call on Salty Boy, Aurora.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Going for 3 today.

3 doubles and a treble

Cognac blue in 2.30 5/2

Geography teacher 3.00 6/4

Good scent 3.35 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Going for 3 today.

3 doubles and a treble

Cognac blue in 2.30 5/2

Good scent 3.35 5/4

I'll have them in a Trixie I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

I've a small bit of word for Glendaars Warrior in the 1.05 Naas

• Advertisement

Going for 3 today.

3 doubles and a treble

Cognac blue in 2.30 5/2

Good scent 3.35 5/4

2nd

1st

6th

rats. Apologies to anyone who followed. Needed that first lad to win

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

5.00 Dundalk Confrontational

Im headed to Dundalk this eve for our Xmas jolly boys outing, serious bit of craic, this last meeting before xmas is one of their busiest. Stakes will be kept conservative as most races are ultra competitive. However, in the 5.00 race Confrontational makes great appeal to me, back up to his favored 7furlongs, this fella can be forgiven his last run, although not that bad, his mark of 72 is still workable for a close run in this race. His handler based in Co Cork has only sent out a couple in the last few weeks but has sent a few to County Louth this eve, I will also keep an eye on his other runners. This stable operates like the Tyner yard in Cork and if money comes it may be significant. At 6-1 ill be having a decent ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

5pm dundalk dandys gold 17/2
    5:30 dundalk snow hope 50-1
    6:15 wolves red miracle 12-1

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    5.00 Dundalk Confrontational

Im headed to Dundalk this eve for our Xmas jolly boys outing, serious bit of craic, this last meeting before xmas is one of their busiest. Stakes will be kept conservative as most races are ultra competitive. However, in the 5.00 race Confrontational makes great appeal to me, back up to his favored 7furlongs, this fella can be forgiven his last run, although not that bad, his mark of 72 is still workable for a close run in this race. His handler based in Co Cork has only sent out a couple in the last few weeks but has sent a few to County Louth this eve, I will also keep an eye on his other runners. This stable operates like the Tyner yard in Cork and if money comes it may be significant. At 6-1 ill be having a decent ew bet.

4s currently with 365 who are 1/4 the odds first 4 places.

I'll have a dabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A punter friend who knows the time of day sent me a message telling me to back DESTINY'S ROCK in the 5 15 at Wol,i was not talking to him but i take it to mean the horse is well fancied.

I just put put a score ew on at 10s in Ladbrokes and got distracted by a call when placing the bet and did not put the price on the docket but fortunately copped before leaving and the girl whom i know corrected it on the computor but not on my docket but assured me it was fine and on at 10s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A punter friend who knows the time of day sent me a message telling me to back SESTINY'S ROCK in the 5 15 at Wol,i was not talking to him but i take it to mean the horse is well fancied.

I just put put a score ew on at 10s in Ladbrokes and got distracted by a call when placing the bet and did not put the price on the docket but fortunately copped before leaving and the girl whom i know corrected it on the computor but not on my docket but assured me it was fine and on at 10s.

It’s drifted like a barge all day which means connections probably lay’d it

Andrew00 wrote: »
    It’s drifted like a barge all day which means connections probably lay’d it

No way,you are well off the mark. Was allowed drift from 7s to 10s before the horse was very well backed into 7s again and should have won.The young rider did not get the best position despite being drawn 4,trapped wide most of the way and covered a lot of ground running on very well at the finish beaten two necks and would probably have won in another 20 yards.

I welcome your opinion,though i would prefer if it was based on something more solid than a hunch,a look at the replay will show that the info i received in this case was spot on.

There is nice class 1 listed mares novice hurdle at 1 oc Haydock on saturday.
    Danse Idol is a strong fav and has decent enough form over a couple of furlongs longer at Wincanton lto,also ran well on first run back when 6th at Cheltenham and has a good chance.

However i am backing INDEFATIGABLE who hacked up in an ordinary novice hurdle following a promising run in 6th in Newbury on first run back.

It was only a class 4 that INDEFATIGABLE won but the manner of the win and the fact that she was heavily backed to do so makes me believe she is the value ew.

Danse Idol finished a length and a quarter in front of Indefatigable in a Punchestown bumper last january and while it would not wise to rely too heavily on that form alone it is worth pointing out that INDEFATIGABLE (went off at 25/1) is 7 lbs better off and she was having her first rules run whereas Danse Idol had the benefit of a previous run.

It is 3 furlongs further now but i expect she will stay and at 6/1 is my ew bet and she may even drift a bit as others come in for support.

There is nice class 1 listed mares novice hurdle at 1 oc Haydock on saturday.
    Danse Idol is a strong fav and has decent enough form over a couple of furlongs longer at Wincanton lto,also ran well on first run back when 6th at Cheltenham and has a good chance.

However i am backing INDEFATIGABLE who hacked up in an ordinary novice hurdle following a promising run in 6th in Newbury on first run back.

It was only a class 4 that INDEFATIGABLE won but the manner of the win and the fact that she was heavily backed to do so makes me believe she is the value ew.

Danse Idol finished a length and a quarter in front of Indefatigable in a Punchestown bumper last january and while it would not wise to rely too heavily on that form alone it is worth pointing out that INDEFATIGABLE (went off at 25/1) is 7 lbs better off and she was having her first rules run whereas Danse Idol had the benefit of a previous run.

It is 3 furlongs further now but i expect she will stay and at 6/1 is my ew bet and she may even drift a bit as others come in for support.

Non runner probably ground may be gone too soft

Two bets today.
    Cornerstone Lad 4 to1 11 50 Haydock must have a good chance with 10 lb claimer on board on ground he likes.The claimer has a bit of experience and has ridden 2 winners and the 10 lbs might make the difference.

Road to Gold in the 3 15 will be well suited by the testing ground and is a big price at 15 to 2 Lads in my opinion.will be staying on at the finish and has a nice weight

I won't be going mad today.I have a score ew both and a tenner ew double.for an investment of 100 euro.

A profit of 40 guaranteed and the young jockey did little wrong on on board Cornerstone Lad in the 11.50 who was well supported before the off.
    The he same lad rides Onlyorseandfoolsies in the 3 15 and I would have given it a real chance if I was sure it would stay.
    I am convinced the horse is better over shorter and I hope the claimer does not prove me wrong.Young Garrity might be one to look out for in future,3 wins from 28 rides and looks tidy in the saddle and with watching in handicap hurdles with a 10 lb claimer.

Few backed today

Honeysuckle 2.00

Hells kitchen 1.50 money back if 2nd or 3rd

Agrapart ew 2.25

Quite a big bet on ghazawhaat in 1.45 too

Few backed today

Honeysuckle 2.00

Hells kitchen 1.50 money back if 2nd or 3rd

Agrapart ew 2.25

Quite a big bet on ghazawhaat in 1.45 too

A MIGHTY day.

1st

1st at 11/2

Last. Hit a fence when winning.

1st.

Had doubles with both winners with the 11/2 winner. Made a nice profit.

A profit of 40 guaranteed and the young jockey did little wrong on on board Cornerstone Lad in the 11.50 who was well supported before the off.
    The he same lad rides Onlyorseandfoolsies in the 3 15 and I would have given it a real chance if I was sure it would stay.
    I am convinced the horse is better over shorter and I hope the claimer does not prove me wrong.Young Garrity might be one to look out for in future,3 wins from 28 rides and looks tidy in the saddle and with watching in handicap hurdles with a 10 lb claimer.

Knew my fate well before post time,a big drifter never in with a shout in the race.We have to take it that a horse is fit and well if we bet to early prices and clearly that is not always the case but sometimes it works in our favour and its part of racing.

Got the price of a few drinks tonight and looking forward to a few days good racing at my local track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

Nephew of mine over heard a man telling another man about a horse running tomorrow and my nephew said it was something rocky.

Now I've checked all the meets tomorrow and all I can come up with is ROCKY BLUE in 1.10 race leopardstown 20/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

11 race meetings today... Show me the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Anyone else fancy didtheyleaveuoutto to confirm the form with Thomas darby today? Beat him fair and square lto to my eye no reason he should be a bigger price to confirm it today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Patrick Tate

Got a call this morning about Glen of Aherlow in the 1st at Leopardstown, apparently it was priced wrong and was as high as 200/1, now 25/1 with WH. Yard highly fancies him for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Where’s zimmer

Backing 4 today but honestly wouldn't be surprised if none of them won! Very competitive racing today

12.50 didtheyleaveyouttoo

1.55 santini

2.00 getabird

3.05 politologue ew

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lizzie Kelly is not riding Admiral Barratry (12:35 @ Huntington) for once. Praise be the lord.

Has changed yards since last run and Jack Quinlan's up today.

Ran in a Class 2 last time out. Class 4 company today.

Currently 3/1 with a few firms but see it going off shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

bassy wrote: »
    Nephew of mine over heard a man telling another man about a horse running tomorrow and my nephew said it was something rocky.

Now I've checked all the meets tomorrow and all I can come up with is ROCKY BLUE in 1.10 race leopardstown 20/1
    I'd usually run a mile from a 'friend of a friend overhead. ....' type of tip but I do think this horse could get up for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭xlogo

Got a call this morning about Glen of Aherlow in the 1st at Leopardstown, apparently it was priced wrong and was as high as 200/1, now 25/1 with WH. Yard highly fancies him for a place.

Who did you get the call from - Paddy Power 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

catrat12 wrote: »
    Where’s zimmer

Think he goes Limerick, but I might be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

abarkie wrote: »
    Think he goes Limerick, but I might be wrong

No mobile, no?

giphy.gif

Advertisement