Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Zimmer posted selections over on the horse racing forum the other day I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Zimmer posted selections over on the horse racing forum the other day I believe.
    I backed two at Sedgefield for the 26th,the bog kicks in so if either starts longer i will get it.

STRIKE WEST runs in the 11.55 and pp is 15/2 about him,well beaten into 3rd last time on first run back,when tenderly handled can win with a very good 10 lb claimer on board.

The same jockey (Billy Garritty) can win the 2.05 on JUST BOBBY who will be well suited to a drop back in trip and is way too long at 9s imo,won over the c and d and is a very good ew bet.

M Hammond trains both and has good chances with two more at short prices with the same jockey on board,Schiehallion Munroe 12.25 and Roxyfet 12.25.However it is the 2 at the bigger prices that interest me at the moment.

I believe Billy Garritty will win a lot of races this year,i backed one of his on sat and it won nicely having been heavily backed.He has ridden 3 winners to date over jumps and one on the flat.He has impressed me and i will pay attention to his rides this year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108957710

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

bassy wrote: »
    Nephew of mine over heard a man telling another man about a horse running tomorrow and my nephew said it was something rocky.

Now I've checked all the meets tomorrow and all I can come up with is ROCKY BLUE in 1.10 race leopardstown 20/1

Thank you and your nephew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Nephew of mine over heard a man telling another man about a horse running tomorrow and my nephew said it was something rocky.

Now I've checked all the meets tomorrow and all I can come up with is ROCKY BLUE in 1.10 race leopardstown 20/1

Thanks a lot, great shout...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Well done... whats the day covered now😎

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hon Rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

What a beauty lads delighted a lot of ye were on :) call it a belated Xmas pressie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I put Rocky Blue in a double, because I got greedy and lost out. I had €2.50 left and I stuck it Clan Des Obeaux, so I got what I spent today back, plus the €2.50. I think I'll just leave it at that lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I put a few quid ew DAWSON CITY in the Welsh National 2. 50 Chepstow.

Stays well,acts on soft and has a low weight,PP going 6 places and at 20/1 there may be a bit of value in backing it ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lizzie Kelly is not riding Admiral Barratry (12:35 @ Huntington) for once. Praise be the lord.

Has changed yards since last run and Jack Quinlan's up today.

Ran in a Class 2 last time out. Class 4 company today.

Currently 3/1 with a few firms but see it going off shorter.

As expected the first time Lizzie wasn't up on Admiral Barratry it wins. Shocking the rides she gave that horse and blamed it on why it lost twice after the race.

Funny how when Quinlan was up all these quirks she moaned about suddenly disappeared.

Anyway, happy to have been on it when it wins for once, given that had backed it three times when it lost :P

Wish I could say I was on Rocky Blue too. Nice shout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

chepstow 2:50 welsh national 7 places

in order of preference

Rons Dream 18-1
    looksnowtlikebrian 14-1
    jennys surprise 40-1

Johnny Sue is very well fancied in the Hunter Chase at 3 15 Limerick and is worth a decent bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

3.30 Punchestown Golden Glory

Highly thought of new comer, out of Fame and Glory, my contact in the yard has told me this lad is itching to go, the ground is spot on, they didn't want it too soft like most of the other mags ones he said. He was also entered up in the New year's Naas bumper which is traditionally a good pointer. I'm on at 5-1 last night, expect money for him today. An ew shot to nothing. Get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    3.30 Punchestown Golden Glory

Highly thought of new comer, out of Fame and Glory, my contact in the yard has told me this lad is itching to go, the ground is spot on, they didn't want it too soft like most of the other mags ones he said. He was also entered up in the New year's Naas bumper which is traditionally a good pointer. I'm on at 5-1 last night, expect money for him today. An ew shot to nothing. Get on.

A mad race to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

3rd. A mad race to say the least.

3rd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    3rd ?

My bad - got the numbers messed up!

CASTLE HILL LASSIE 2.45 Wol is very closely matched with Lucymai and Crossing the Line in the class 2 conditions race.

Crossing the Line is 6/4 and Lucymai is around 3/1 but Castle Hill Lassie is available at 15/2 and the filly who has a good turn of foot might be a bit of value on a course she seems to like.

Militaryl Law trained by Gosden looks the days best bet.Lads going 6 to 4.

• Advertisement

When Luca Cumani trained KONIGIN i always felt he would win a race when if and when fancied.The horse was never really backed and ran its best race for Cumani when a 1 3/4 lengths 3rd in a class 4 at Chelmsford over 14 furlongs going off her shortest price of 9/2 when cheekpieces were on for the first time.

She moved to the enigmatic John Berry when Cumani retired and with a tongue tie added ran her best race when 2nd on her first run for Berry over 13 and a half furlongs and she ran even better when 5th beaten a length over 12 furlongs at Ling running on well behind Taurean Dancer.

She is closely matched with Your Band on a line through Taurean Dancer and Your Band looks as if the extra distance will suit and i will do a rev f.cast the two.

John Berry does not train too many winners but when he gets a useful one he can win races.I will back KONIGIN ew in the 7 .25 at Chelmsford.

Roger Varians Gilded Heaven should be backed in the 7.45 at Wolverhampton.

Lads are money back if 2nd to the fav as a free bet in this race usual conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Ciao looks he'll be winning the 8:00 Dundalk.

Plum draw in stall 2.

Slightly short 6/4.

Edit: christ just seen the result. Didnt realise it was on at 7:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Luap wrote: »
    Ciao looks he'll be winning the 8:00 Dundalk.

Plum draw in stall 2.

Slightly short 6/4.

Edit: christ just seen the result. Didnt realise it was on at 7:30

Luap f*cking knew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Luap f*cking knew

Internet must be playing up :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

A new level of after timing :D

I was trying to do the good thing. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Marty mcFly

I see David Loughnane has sent over Fuwairt over to Newcastle

Been slightly nibbled at now at 5/2

• Advertisement

Lads are money back if second to the fav all races at wol,i give the 11 year old YASIR 5.45 an 8/1 in Lads a chance as he is running almost as well as ever so i had a few quid ew .

I also backed the horse in PP as they are giving money back as a free bet at Wol if the fav wins but it only applies to the first race won by the fav.

With the first fav beaten it is worth keeping an eye on the 4.45 and 5 15 races and if the fav is beaten in both there will be some value in the 5.45 which has only 6 runners and an odds on fav.

The fav won the 4.45.

Advertisement