Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Hugh Taylor tipped Arlechinos Leap in the 6 20 Chelmsford and i am hoping the horse winds up fav,i backed LOTHARIO at 10/3 ew in the hope he will drift as PP is money back if 1,2,3,4 to fav and they also are going 4 places and LOTHARIO who finished in front of Arlechino can do so again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hugh Taylor tipped Arlechinos Leap in the 6 20 Chelmsford and i am hoping the horse winds up fav,i backed LOTHARIO at 10/3 ew in the hope he will drift as PP is money back if 1,2,3,4 to fav and they also are going 4 places and LOTHARIO who finished in front of Arlechino can do so again.
    Well done

I know it's a long shot, a 150/1 long shot at that, but surely Harry Dunlops horse Lady Cosette is capable of getting a place in that company.

Well that didn't end too well but I thought the horse gave a great effort until maybe 2f out. I'd like to see him in a 7f race.

Backing just one today,Varians FIFTH POSITION is 7/2 to win the3.30 at Goodwood,Gosdens Private Secretary is all the rage at around 11/10 but on a line through Space Blues there should not be much between the two and the lightly raced FIFTH POSITION may have more improvement for the step up in trip and is the bet.

I see one of O'Mearas horses Addis Ababa is going in the 8.20 at Ayr.
    I like it but am a little curious that zimmermania hasn't mentiond it because he often has word on O'Mearas horses.

• Advertisement

Know nothing about Addis Abababa in the 8.20,but it probably will win..Ran twice over longer than 10 furlongs (at York) and clearly showed a lack of stamina beyond 10 furlongs.

OMeara often takes a chance with horses at York as he trains there and his owners like to go racing there so the poor run over 1 mile 4 is not a negative.

One i have backed at Ayr though is DONNACHIES GIRL in the first at 5.45.
    Some do not like these amateur ladies races but as long as the lady on board is one of the better riders i often feel i get a bit of value.

Becky Smith won this last year and has a good strike rate,was over too short a trip last time but stayed on well.Is well handicapped and can win tonight at around 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Intense Pleasure 6.50 Ayr is interesting.
    25-1 with 4 places PP

Looks a much weaker contest for it. Has been in with horses rated up to 85 in it's 3 runs this year, here he's the highest rated one in race and drops down two classes into a grade 6.
    Shirley a place is possible at a good price.

Moneye back yesterday as bet was 3rd.Backed Glacier Fox ew in the 4.10 today at Bev in the hope that a front running performance will see off the others in the softer ground.

Has not run on soft pedigree suggests it should be ok.

Pp is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lah ti dar is unbackable at 1/2 today. So ill chance it to win by 3+ lengths at 15/8

He's out again tomorrow. Few very good horses in the race but ill stick by it at 7/2. 3.10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's out again tomorrow. Few very good horses in the race but ill stick by it at 7/2. 3.10

Think Old Persian wins myself, nice price at 3/1 also. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

8:10 Sandown Pondus

A couple of good handicaps at Epsom tomorrow and the best bet for me is HORTZADAR in the 2.35,has been running very well since coming from France and did not have the best of runs last time when 6th to Whats The Story.

Firmament was 2nd for the same trainer (OMeara) and goes again tomorrow but i have no doubt that HORTZADAR will come out on top.

I do not like backing with PP the night before since they no longer are BOG until 8 in the morning but i had to take the 14/1 as i feel the horse will go off a lot shorter and pp go 4 places,worth a decent ew bet.

JAZEEL in the 3.45 is also worth a bet,Borodin would be my fancy in this race if i was sure it would stay but stepping up 2 furlongs is a bit chancy so i will go ew with JAZEEL at around 15/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Do you back anything and everything that's trained by David O'Meara

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Do you back anything and everything that's trained by David O'Meara
    My business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Anyone spot the gamble in the 6:10 Carlisle today? Some setup by the trainer looking at its previous attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

munster87 wrote: »
    Anyone spot the gamble in the 6:10 Carlisle today? Some setup by the trainer looking at its previous attempts.

Something has to pay the bills! Could go in again tonight

Something has to pay the bills! Could go in again tonight

Non runner I think

Salouen is worth an ew interest at Epsom PP money back if Kew Gardens wins.

I’ve gone with Morando here with paddy’s 10/1

Two in a row decent prices for Atzeni

• Advertisement

A bit unlucky that Hortzadar was out wide most of the way,was well backed and ran on well to finish 5th.Other two ew bets were 2nd and 3rd at 10s and 7s.

Having a go at 3 handicaps at Epsom tomorrow but not the mad Dash.

ALKAAMEL 7/1 is up in distance after 3 seconds and if getting the trip can win the 2 oc.
    GENETICS is 10 lbs higher than last win but can improve again for Balding 14/1 with PP. 5.15
    SPANISH CITY can win the 5.50 for the in-form Roger Varian at around 11/2.

Backed Bangkok ew with PP in the Derby at 8s 4 places though i confess it is a real puzzle(to me)

How many places were PP paying in the 3.45 Epsom?

How many places were PP paying in the 3.45 Epsom?

5 places 1/5 odds.

Windsor 5:30 - Cherry Cola 14/1 Boyle’s, 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Guess I'll have to take a shot on this :pac:

Guess I'll have to take a shot on this :pac:

It might be better than following some of the fancies i put up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

BOOM! Thank you!

• Advertisement

Great ride by Trevor Whelan on Cherry Cola, 200th career win.

Lingfield 7:40 tomorrow - Colwood, 7/1 Paddypower

Advertisement