Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

4.30 All good things 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

munster87 wrote: »
    Great ride by Trevor Whelan on Cherry Cola, 200th career win.

Lingfield 7:40 tomorrow - Colwood, 7/1 Paddypower

On fire thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Great ride by Trevor Whelan on Cherry Cola, 200th career win.

Lingfield 7:40 tomorrow - Colwood, 7/1 Paddypower

Was a bit worried just over 2 furlongs out but held on well after hitting the front.
    Haven’t looked too hard at tomorrow’s racing but one I like each way is Global Warning in the 7:15 at Kempton.
    10/1 with William Hill 4 places is the best available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

MAWAKIB looks a very good bet in the 7.15 at Kempton,the horse looks seriously well handicapped to me and i believe he will be a lot better than a class 4 handicapper in time.7/2 is available and that price may be very generous.

MAWAKIB looks a very good bet in the 7.15 at Kempton,the horse looks seriously well handicapped to me and i believe he will be a lot better than a class 4 handicapper in time.7/2 is available and that price may be very generous.

Yes has a great chance, extra furlong should suit looking at last time out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

David O'Meara has a horse GULLIVER going in the 8.00 Ripon. It hasn't won since late 2017 but at that time had 3 wins on the bounce and has been placed 5 or 6 times since. 6f is the right distance and worth an e/w @ 14-1 IMO.

David O'Meara has a horse GULLIVER going in the 8.00 Ripon. It hasn't won since late 2017 but at that time had 3 wins on the bounce and has been placed 5 or 6 times since. 6f is the right distance and worth an e/w @ 14-1 IMO.

You have found one who is likely to win very soon,has first run on turf for OMeara today and it should not be forgotten that he was beaten a length in a group 3 by Intisaab in Doha and by the same margin on the AW by the same horse.

Horse has good form on turf off a mark in the high eighties and a few more pounds off his mark will make him a good bet.

Best watched today imo (though this is not a very good race) but certain to get his head in front for shrewd yard when down to a mark of ninety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Apologies. Wrong post

Was a bit worried just over 2 furlongs out but held on well after hitting the front.
    Haven’t looked too hard at tomorrow’s racing but one I like each way is Global Warning in the 7:15 at Kempton.
    10/1 with William Hill 4 places is the best available at the moment.

Hope anyone that followed this had 4 places each way. Another little bit of profit. Well done with winner Zimmermania

Hamilton 4:00 - Vive La Difference, 9/2 Paddypower

• Advertisement

Almost pulled it off at a big price, the handicapper wont drop him further after this good run,pushed along from the start Gulliver ran on all the way to the line and if he was not at concert pitch this run will ensure he is for his next run.

Good pick.

An outsider who is not far from retirement is the value bet for me today in the 4.10 at Haydock.

MOVE IN TIME has won group races in the past including a group 1 in Longchamp,not as good now obviously aged 11 i believe he can still win a race.

Ran very well on 2nd run back from a layoff 19 days ago and should now be as fit as his trainer,Midgley (very good with sprinters) can get him and is just below his last winning mark of 83.

Goes on any ground and todays going will not be a problem,Lads and PP are going 4 places and with no bias in the draw i am backing this ew at 12/1.

RICHARD STRAUSS can run well in the 5.10 for his experienced rider in the ladies race,running well over hurdles and suited by the ground the horse is worth a few quid ew with a few bookies going 4 places.Off a fair mark in a weak enough race.

Move in Time was 20s in PP so I had a score ew 4 places so let's hope there's a bit of life in the legs still.

Feck it seeing as we're talking long shots and 4 places we might as well throw in kodimoo at 20-1 in the 5.20 ripon 4 places.

Hamilton 4:00 - Vive La Difference, 9/2 Paddypower

Bad result yesterday, I think the 9/2 still on offer with Bet365 for Catchin Time in the 2:10 at Uttoxeter is value.

Empire Line goes in the 8.15 Curragh with a good chance of going off in front and staying there.
    I felt he needed further early in career but recent runs suggest he might be suited by the drop in trip.

The 4/1 i got looks ok now.

Empire Line goes in the 8.15 Curragh with a good chance of going off in front and staying there.
    I felt he needed further early in career but recent runs suggest he might be suited by the drop in trip.

Empire Line continues to puzzle me,tonights race turned out to be really competitive with money for a fair few runners.i was lucky to hang on for 3rd and get the place money and i have no doubt the race will throw up plenty of winners in the weeks ahead.

Ew lucky 31 today 1.50 per unit 93 euro in total Rousayan 11 to2 1.25 Bev.
    Pilaster 11 to2 2.25 Haydock
    Baccarat 6 to1 3.40 Chelmsford.
    Spanish City 4 to1 3.55 Newmarket.
    Suedois 8 to1 3.35 Haydock.

Empire Line continues to puzzle me,tonights race turned out to be really competitive with money for a fair few runners.i was lucky to hang on for 3rd and get the place money and i have no doubt the race will throw up plenty of winners in the weeks ahead.
    Talking about puzzles, foxy forever has been in my tracker for yonks. Hadn't won in 9 or 10 previous runs and I ignored him yesterday so he goes and wins at 10/1 ! Anyway today it's a Lords ew double. Lord Oberon 9/2 @ 4.10 & Lord Riddiford 4/1 @ 4.15.

I’ve backed Salmon Fishing in the 6:00. Price has shortened all day. 5/1 Bet365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

munster87 wrote:
    I’ve backed Salmon Fishing in the 6:00. Price has shortened all day. 5/1 Bet365

The winner of the race Run after Genesis, showed 6-1 in morning opened at 10s and returned at 14s, goes off fav in last run only to disappoint his backers, has gone Win, nowhere, win 12-1, 4-1f, 14-1, this is why I'm losing the run of myself, mugs game...

Need to get back to results- a bit like Gibralter last night BTW that Tony O'Donoghue is some pain in the ass- so there's two for today. Milan Reef Carlisle 7.00 & Dashing Poet Lingfield 4.00.

REGAL BANNER goes to Carlisle for the 8.30 tonight and should win,well beaten on soft last time over further in a good race,previous run was also very good and the filly should be good enough to win without too much bother.At 2/1 looks a good bet and Varian is not sending the filly on such a long journey for fun.

I see David Tudhope is riding Inspired Thought for Archie Watson in the 7.00 at Hamilton. David O'Meara who Tudhope usually rides for also has a horse in the same race, interesting.

I see David Tudhope is riding Inspired Thought for Archie Watson in the 7.00 at Hamilton. David O'Meara who Tudhope usually rides for also has a horse in the same race, interesting.

It is not surprising,Tudhope and OMeara are very good friends and it is hard to believe that Danny only rode 6 winners in 2010,but OMeara stood by him and their reputations grew together.

Danny would have had many offers to ride elsewhere but stays in York with OMeara,very ambitous,Danny would love to be champion jockey but with 9 stone his low riding weight it will prove very difficult.
    He was on board Inspired Thought for its 3 wins and it is clear that OMeara has released him to ride today,it would be some turn up if the filly was beaten by OMearas gelding and stranger things have happened.

HORTZADAR has top weight in the 7.30 at Haydock but that should not stop him from winning and i prefer him to the fav Masham Star who finished 3/4s of a length ahead of him last time and now HORTZADAR is 2 lbs better off.

There should not be much between them now but i am not convinced Epsom suited Hortzadar last time and i expect a better showing at Haycock and 9/2 is good value.

Donnacha is becoming very well handicapped and if not off for 3 months would be a real danger and looks sure to win before long more.

Haydock & Uttoxeter off today, what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Haydock & Uttoxeter off today, what's going on?

Probably rained off, its been bad over here the last few days.

Probably rained off, its been bad over here the last few days.

Oh I forgot, it's November after all!

• Advertisement

Haydock gone so having a couple of bets at Newbury and looking at a couple that have a bit of form on soft ground.

GROUP STAGE ran well last time and could be well handicapped on 3 quiet runs,the geldings two best runs have been on soft.Beaten just a length and a quarter by Jackamundo last time Group Stage is a good bet to win today for Alan King.

Jackamundo hosed up by 5 lengths next time giving the form a solid look,King will probably put Group Stage over hurdles soon enough but can pick up this handicap in the meantime around 5/2--11/4 rates a decent bet.

Other fancy at Newbury also likes soft ground. VIXEN is up in the weights and grade in the 3.35 but seems to be getting better at age 5 and ran well for new owner and trainer last time.

There is no early money for the mare today and 16/1 is available everywhere and she may drift a bit more,off bottom weight on ground she likes she is worth a few quid ew.

Advertisement