Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Precious Moments is my best bet in the 2.30 Ascot.I am on ew 4 placeso at 16 to 1.working well and expected to go close.

5 places with Betfred 14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FUJAIRA PRINCE in the 5.35 Ascot looks to be an improving horse,a bit skinny for such a competitive race but may go out in price.

MASAR 3.40 should be too good for Defoe and i do not think he would be running unless back to his best,got 3/1 Lads money back 2nd or 3rd to fav.

THE TIN MAN loves the big sprints and has been laid out for for the 4 20 Ascot 4 places ew at 10s.

TIS MARVELLOUS is a sporting bet at 16s 6 places PP in the 5oc.

I backed CLEONTE at 4s ew in the marathon 2 miles 6 furlongs and the horse has a lot of class for a plodders race and is well fancied.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

2.45 S The Jam Man
    3.30 C Almokthaar
    3.45 S Graceland
    5.00 C Broadhaven dream

A few to consider today for a Lucky 15 perhaps.
    Also did double with 2.30 Saffran and 8.45 Desert lion, will hopefully keep wolf away from door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    2.45 S The Jam Man
    3.30 C Almokthaar
    3.45 S Graceland
    5.00 C Broadhaven dream

A few to consider today for a Lucky 15 perhaps.
    Also did double with 2.30 Saffran and 8.45 Desert lion, will hopefully keep wolf away from door.

This Jame story is something else, owner called into Stewart's enquiry room 3 times about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kingslayer 6.15 Curr can surprise some of the top boys as it is supposed to be useful.I have a few quid ew at 33s.
    The Mouse Doctor is fancied ew also at the Curr and Trossachs is well fancied in the 8.15 Curr.

Who dares wins at 14s 6 places and a saver on the Varian horse Gibbs Hill off for 2 years in the Pitmans Derby 3.35 Newcastle today

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

Fair play great shout
    JP's horse, Off you go , was a bit one paced in Cork last time out but I would expect a bit better today, 11-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Who dares wins at 14s 6 places and a saver on the Varian horse Gibbs Hill off for 2 years in the Pitmans Derby 3.35 Newcastle today

Excellent pick, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Great stuff zimmer was a great finish by he who dares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Mikmak 4:15 Hamilton - 13/2 Paddypower

MELO PEARL ran her best race to date last time when 4th to Sonnetina over C D in a first time visor,only 5 lbs better off today with the winner but could improve again and might be worth a small bet ew at a good price. 14/1

With an ambitous trainer (who is also a vet) who has invested heavily in a state of the art yard in Newmarket the filly will not have to improve too much to get involved today and might well be the trainers first winner this year. 4.30 Brighton.

MELO PEARL ran her best race to date last time when 4th to Sonnetina over C D in a first time visor,only 5 lbs better off today with the winner but could improve again and might be worth a small bet ew at a good price. 14/1

With an ambitous trainer (who is also a vet) who has invested heavily in a state of the art yard in Newmarket the filly will not have to improve too much to get involved today and might well be the trainers first winner this year. 4.30 Brighton.

well that was fierce unlucky, the horse just wouldnt get going in time.

came like a train to finish 2nd, but the jockey did all he could to try get a response. Just came too late.

Still good money ew at 16s

POWERFUL DREAM runs well at Bath and has won 3 times there,the mare has never won a class 4 but only 2 in the field have done so and this looks a weak class 4.

POWERFUL DREAM is running well and usually keeps galloping all the way to the line and seldom runs a bad race.

On a track she likes and on a workable mark 8/1 seems a good ew price.6.40 Bath.

When FESTINA PLENTE won a very hot maiden last september she beat a few that won group and a listed race later and was given a mark of 83,things did not go too well after that.

Was beaten in first two runs this year in march and april but after a gap of 70 days came out and ran well in a big field in F House dropping back to 6th in the final furlong.
    FESTINA PLENTE is more than useful and off 10 lbs below her first mark if getting the mile will go very close.I cant be sure she will get the mile but will still have a bet ew on the filly at the 10/1 or better thats available.7.30 Bellewstown.

Not much to interest me today unless i hear something.

A race i have looked at is the 6.05 at Epsom (the lady amateurs derby) where Tapis Libra tries to win for the 4th time having won the last 3 runnings!.

It may be too much to expect another win at 11 years old but i think Tapis will be placed.POLISH has top weight and is my idea of the winner as he has been running in way better races and may still be improving as a 4 year old.

The stats say that horses carrying more than 10 stone traditionally win this and another with a chance is Blazing Saddles.

I will back POLISH ew and have a few forecasts and tricasts with POLISH, BLAZING SADDLES and TAPIS LIBRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

When FESTINA PLENTE won a very hot maiden last september she beat a few that won group and a listed race later and was given a mark of 83,things did not go too well after that.

Was beaten in first two runs this year in march and april but after a gap of 70 days came out and ran well in a big field in F House dropping back to 6th in the final furlong.
    FESTINA PLENTE is more than useful and off 10 lbs below her first mark if getting the mile will go very close.I cant be sure she will get the mile but will still have a bet ew on the filly at the 10/1 or better thats available.7.30 Bellewstown.[/QUOTE]

Looked a winner Zimmer....

One other race worth a look is the 3.50 at Yarmouth.
    Pp is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly.
    The fav is Leo Davinci best form is on soft and i think he may be worth taking on.

Our Metha Bridge and Waqt are two that could run well and are worth an ew interest at 11 to2.

One other race worth a look is the 3.50 at Yarmouth.
    Pp is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly.
    The fav is Leo Davinci best form is on soft and i think he may be worth taking on.

Our Metha Bridge and Waqt are two that could run well and are worth an ew interest at 11 to2.

No joy today,the only thing i got right was the fact that it was worth opposing LEO DAVINCHI.

Hoping for a winner or two friday or saturday as i will be enjoying the golf in Lahinch.

• Advertisement

Sailing South 50 to1 a small ew bet 1.35 Naas.
    Escobar 2.25 San could come back to form and is an ew bet.
    Enbihaar 2.40 Haydock is a good bet imo just those 3 today as I enjoy the golf in Lahinch.

FESTINA PLENTE was only just beaten when i tipped her here less than a week ago over a furlong further when heavily backed.

Should take all the beating off the same mark as this is an easier task being confined to fillies,3/1 might seem generous after the 6.30 at Roscommon tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

show me the bubbly 4.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

8.30 spirit of ishy 40/1

Some good racing thursday and i fancy having 3 bets.

BARBADOS 1.50 Newmarket looks a seriously good ew bet and i have already backed the horse ew at 9/2 PP. Eagles by Day is fav on the basis of one run behind Japan (beaten almost 5 lengths) on soft ground at Ascot.

BARBADOS also ran at Ascot when proving the best of OBriens behind Dashing Willoughby only beaten 1/2 a length aover 1 mile 6 and the lightly raced colt being the only OBrien runner means we can get stuck in to the well bred colt.

COLWOOD trained by Robert Eddery appears to only have Perla Blanca to beat in the 2 mile amateur riders handicap at 1.40 Doncaster and seems the value bet ew at 13/2 in the hands of a very shrewd trainer.

Third bet is the very smart two year old JIM N TONIC 6.10 Newbury, traind by Dominic French-davis and looks too good for the rest of the field,fav at 9/4 has the best form in the race

Serious lineup tomorrow for the July cup

Gonna hope pretty Pollyanna outruns 12/1odds (4places)

Some very good handicaps and group races in the UK and i hope i have solved a couple of the puzzles. At this time of year many of the seemingly competitive races are often won by horses close to the top of the betting market as there is plenty of current form to go on and there is good or good to firm ground almost everywhere.Stables in form are also worth a second look.

Roger Varian has fancied horses in several big races and i am backing a few of them.

SPANISH CITY 3.30 Newmarket has been running well and can win the Bunbury cup over 7 furlongs.
    CAPE BYRON is much improved for the Varian yard and can become only the 2nd 5 year old to win the July cup in the last 11 years,3 year olds have the best strike rate and horses who have not run in group races lto have a poor record.However in the hope that CAPE BYRON is a bit special i expect him to defy the stats.
    MOUNTAIN ANGEL runs for Varian in the John Smiths Jubilee cup at York,he was 5th behind Addeybb at Ascot last time but is better on good ground and can run well off his highest ever mark.
    TIS MARVELLOUS was 2nd behind Cape Byron last time and can win the 5 furlong Betfred handicap at 1.45 Ascot even though he is giving a lot of weight to most of the field.

There are extra places available in at least 3 of the 4 races and i will have an ew lucky 15 and a few separate ew singles as well.

One at a shorter price worth a bet on is GOLD MOUNT who has raced all over the world at the highest level.Now trained by Ian Williams he can win the group 3 over a mile 6 furlongs beating the Gosden trained Weekender.

Just added one more for today.Shared Belief did well having been boxed in last time and ran on well when switched seems a bit of value at the 10s available with a good jockey booking.
    I added him to the other 4 and did an optimistic ew lucky 31!

Serious lineup tomorrow for the July cup

Gonna hope pretty Pollyanna outruns 12/1odds (4places)

Placed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

He was 4th of 12 runners?

Advertisement