Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He was 4th of 12 runners?

They were paying 4 places?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Aye. As said when picking him , they were paying 4 places

Panko runs tomorrow. I like the horse. Up against one potentially very good one but hoping he wins.

7.00 7/4 2nd fav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Move in Time is getting on in years but is lower now than he has ever been and is in the lowest grade ever so I expect him to go close in the 6.40 Nottingham

Panko runs tomorrow. I like the horse. Up against one potentially very good one but hoping he wins.

7.00 7/4 2nd fav

Went off at evens but the favourite was just better and beat panko into 2nd

Tracker horse " multiply by eight " runs in the 2.40 at 5/2 tomorrow. Has potential. Stepping up in trip to try grab a win. Again, 2nd favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Landing Night, Catterick 4:30. 4/1 generally

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

2:25 Newbury

I like 3 in this race, none of which are the favourites.

Who Dares Wins 10/1
    Making Miracles 11/1
    Al Kout 28/1

Will do Who Dares Wins as an e.w to hopefully cover myself and a c'tricast on the 3 of them. We'll have had worse days if it comes in. Only small stakes obviously

Nat Blianta Beo 1.55
    Trossachs 5.30
    Halimi 4.55
    All three are well fancied and can be backed at the Currage today.

Oisin Murphy is like a man inspiredies as he seeks to cut Danny Tudhope lead in the jockey championship.
    Has a good chance in all the races today in Wolverhampton and I did a lucky 63 on all of them leating out the odds on chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Oisin Murphy is like a man inspiredies as he seeks to cut Danny Tudhope lead in the jockey championship.
    Has a good chance in all the races today in Wolverhampton and I did a lucky 63 on all of them leating out the odds on chance.

Would you even get the prices if that was detorri riding for that lucky 63?

• Advertisement

Not too good today just pulled one back on Danny Tudhope.

Just got word to have a few quid on Red Inca even though it is a drifter.6.40 S.well

DRUMQUINA 6.55 and WOODY CREEK 7.25 are expected to go well at Naas by connections and i fancy MORAAWED 7.35 and MOTAWAJ at Sandown tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

DRUMQUINA 6.55 and WOODY CREEK 7.25 are expected to go well at Naas by connections and i fancy MORAAWED 7.35 and MOTAWAJ at Sandown tonight.

I think your a legend but I missed the bets because I was doing mine at 12ish. I will keep on eye on your info sometimes I get info too and I will share great man.:pac:

I like adeyb in the 3.15 York.

Probabaly a bit late posting this tho. Was 5/2 last night. 7/4 now.

A big handicap at Ascot 3.oc almost a £100,000 for the winner.The rain has scuppered the chances of a few who could be relied on such as Spanish City who deserves a big handicap.

Ascot form is essential and while better type horses are contesting this nowdays one needs a horse on the up rather than one already at the top.Raising Sand and Makzeem are not without a chance at high side of the handicap but both are exposed and a bit older than ideal.

BLUE MIST,KAESO and RIPP ORF will go on the ground and are the correct age (4 or 5).

Bookies are betting a bit tight on this very open race that is not great for favs so i am backing BLUE MIST at 20/1 6 places and RIPP ORF 12 or 14 to 1 who loves this type of race and stays a mile well so should be suited by the good gallop.

A little on the improved DEFOE at 20s on the basis that the ground will suit might give a return in the 3.40 Ascot.

Backed 2 more.Redarna at 9 to 2 4.50 Ascot a ladies race and a horse of Bolgers Suinheamh in the 2.30 at Gowran and that's it for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

BLUE MIST,KAESO and RIPP ORF will go on the ground and are the correct age (4 or 5).

And a huge mention for Razing sand also, that is one hell of a trip combi wow, well done Zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A big handicap at Ascot 3.oc almost a £100,000 for the winner.The rain has scuppered the chances of a few who could be relied on such as Spanish City who deserves a big handicap.

Ascot form is essential and while better type horses are contesting this nowdays one needs a horse on the up rather than one already at the top.Raising Sand and Makzeem are not without a chance at high side of the handicap but both are exposed and a bit older than ideal.

Bookies are betting a bit tight on this very open race that is not great for favs so i am backing BLUE MIST at 20/1 6 places and RIPP ORF 12 or 14 to 1 who loves this type of race and stays a mile well so should be suited by the good gallop.

A little on the improved DEFOE at 20s on the basis that the ground will suit might give a return in the 3.40 Ascot.

Great analysis on what was a very open race. Had a little e/w nibble on RIpp Orf at 18/1 so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Thanks Zimmer, great picks

• Advertisement

A quiet day sunday and will not get too involved.However the 4.45 at Uttoxeter caught my eye as there is a 1/3 fav in the race.

I would not be backing it even though it is probably one of the worst novice hurdles i have ever seen.

CHAPITI is having its first run for a trainer i never heard of,and is no great shakes.

However would not have to improve on irish form to be involved.If 8s or better should be backed ew.

Galway starts tomorrow and the feature race is the 7.40 worth nearly 80,000 to the winner and more plots than a Hitchcock movie.

Willie Mullins has 4 any of whom could win,but i have backed one at 25/1 that he used to train.

ARCTIC FIRE has been around for a long time and was 2nd in the county hurdle in 2014 btn half a length,won at punchestown in next race. Ran 2nd to Faugheen in the Champion hurdle,ahead of Hurricane Fly and Jezki in 2015,was off for over a year before winning the county hurdle at Cheltenham in 2017.

Went chasing in 2019 before winning a flat race from a small field in Killarney and got a flat handicap mark of 97.

Dennis Cullen who got the horse from Willie Mullins surprised everyone by sending the horse to Royal Ascot to run in the two mile 4 furlongs handicap worth £56,000 to the winner off a mark of 96.

Slowly away he was last or 2nd last until half a mile out before running on into 6th place a length behind Coeur De Lion (a good stayer) who was getting 8 lbs.

It may be too late now to re-invent him as a flat horse but i could not resist having a tenner ew with PP 5 PLACES at 25/1 when most others are 16/1 and i believe i may get a good run from the 10 year old who goes off 94.

This 2 mile handicap for amateur riders is often a rough race and while ARCTIC FIRE is near the top of the handicap his rider claims 5 lbs which will help.Cullen probably did not have a flat winner for years so heres hoping the old horse runs well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Mr adjudicator is a very strong bet for me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Mr Adjudicator for myself as well. Wouldn't want it to get any shorter mind you

Fav continues the trend in the 7.40 at Galway.

It is one tough handicap.

SETTING SAIL ran well at York in the John Smith Magnet Cup,finishing 2nd of 23 and has a good chance in the 1.50 Goodwood.4/1.
    SUEDOIS went very close in this race for the last two years and is a good ew bet at 9/1.3 oc GOODWOOD.
    DARK SHOT ran well in a listed race last time and two runs back was 2nd of 19 to Ornate in a good handicap at Epsom,looks worth a bet at around 6/1 from his good draw in stall 2. Oisin Murphy takes the ride 4.45.
    SALAYEL ran well for Roger Varian last time having come from the UAE,that was after a 4 month break and the filly should be fitter now.5.15 Goodwood.

I will do a lucky 15 or an ew yankee on the 4 and probably a few singles as i see how they go.

There are extra places available in 3 of the 4 races so punters should be selective about where to bet.

The Skeltons are attempting to plunder the Galway Plate with AZZURI who would appear to have been put away for this after winning a chace in Ayr last april,the right age and with a light enough weight AZZURI could go close at 16/1.

FUN MAC finds it hard to win but is looking well handicapped and can turn the tables on The Grand Visir who beat him well over two miles 4 at Ascot.Well suited by these long distance races FUN MAC looks a bit of value at 14/1 ew.

EMINENCE got into trouble on on a few occasions when 3rd at Royal Ascot and found the trip too short last time when beaten a head by an unexposed one of Bolgers last time.

At 9/1 EMINENCE is a strong ew bet in the 2.25 at Goodwood assuming Moore can stay out of trouble.

In the 4.10 MIGHTY SPIRIT can get his head in front after a few very good runs.I saw the filly run well in A very valuable race at Newbury a week and a half ago and marked her down as a certain future winner. Is worth backing at 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think O'Mearas horse Lord Glitter with Tudhope on board might have a squeak in the big one in Goodwood. Admittedly TDH is hot fav and frankies on board also.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

I am late getting started missed that jem wow.

• Advertisement

Hoping rachel blackmores can win the plate in Galway at 12s

And camlann is a horse that likes Galway. Has won CD before . 8s in the last

Advertisement