Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The Skeltons are attempting to plunder the Galway Plate with AZZURI who would appear to have been put away for this after winning a chace in Ayr last april,the right age and with a light enough weight AZZURI could go close at 16/1.

Would you say Azzuri might be worth keeping an eye on over say a 2m trip Zim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Would you say Azzuri might be worth keeping an eye on over say a 2m trip Zim?
    Yes,worth a look at if running at 2 or 2 miles 2 furlongs,lightly raced over fences and the Skeltons will get the best out of the horse.

Best bet for me today is ALMANIA in the 1.50 Goodwood,ran very well in 5th at Royal Ascot in a hot handicap over a little longer and the drop in trip will suit.

Constantinople who was 2nd in that race is favourite for the Group 3 at 3 oc at Goodwood today which suggests the form is very strong.

I give JALMOOD a chance in the 3 oc following a good 3rd to Japan in France last time.

I backed STRATUM in the Galway hurdle at 10s 6 places,Mullins has chosen to put up a useful 7 lb claimer which probably means he feels the claim gives the horse a decent chance.

Those 3 might be worth backing ew today and if i find a fourth with a bit of value i will do an ew lucky 15.

I backed one at 7/2 last night in the 8.30 at Epsom simply because Danny Tudhope goes up from Goodwood to ride.For Danny to go up for one ride,particularly in the last race Kevin Ryan must have given the impression the horse will win.

Danny is in a desperate battle for top jockey with Oisin Murphy (who i backed to be champion) and would hardly go there for the fresh air.The horse is having its first run for Ryan tonight.Alottabottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Galway fancies

3.10 koybig

3.45 firefly

4.55 riven light

1200/1 for the treble. Easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Best bet for me today is ALMANIA in the 1.50 Goodwood,ran very well in 5th at Royal Ascot in a hot handicap over a little longer and the drop in trip will suit.

Constantinople who was 2nd in that race is favourite for the Group 3 at 3 oc at Goodwood today which suggests the form is very strong.

I give JALMOOD a chance in the 3 oc following a good 3rd to Japan in France last time.

I backed STRATUM in the Galway hurdle at 10s 6 places,Mullins has chosen to put up a useful 7 lb claimer which probably means he feels the claim gives the horse a decent chance.

Those 3 might be worth backing ew today and if i find a fourth with a bit of value i will do an ew lucky 15.

I backed one at 7/2 last night in the 8.30 at Epsom simply because Danny Tudhope goes up from Goodwood to ride.For Danny to go up for one ride,particularly in the last race Kevin Ryan must have given the impression the horse will win.

Danny is in a desperate battle for top jockey with Oisin Murphy (who i backed to be champion) and would hardly go there for the fresh air.The horse is having its first run for Ryan tonight.Alottabottle.

Alottabottle, Nice one again Zimmer

• Advertisement

Alottabottle stopped the bleeding.A friend of mine who i told to back Alottabottle just rang me to say Tudhope rode the winnerace of the 8 oc also.Had I known would have probably put a few quid on but I was busy and did not pay any attention to the rest of the card.

Tudhope does battle with Oisin Murphy in Goodwood today. I would imagine Baltic Baron in the 3 o'clock is his best chance.

Might do a placepot in Goodwood using the horses below.
    1.50 PUDS and GABRIAL THE DEVIL,a few going here are 5 furlong horses.
    2.25 CHARLES KINGLEY and CORGI
    3.oc DRAMITIC QUEEN and PILASTER
    3.40 SUMMERGHAND and LAKE VOLTA
    4.15 BERKSHIRE ROCCO (banker)
    4.50 HERO HERO (banker) Hero Hero a non-runner so is replaced by LAND OF LEGENDS.
    2x2x2x2x1x1 comes to 16 lines for whatever stake one wants to bet.

SUMMERGHAND is worth a punt in the 3.40 at Goodwood,High or low is ok and SUMMERGHAND loves these big handicaps and with 6 places available generally i backed it ew.Plenty of speed on his side and with any luck in running he will be in the shakeup.

Oisin Murphy goes to Newmarket with a chance in every race and it might be worth doing his mounts in multiples as he seeks to edge further ahead of Tudhope who has plenty chances at Thirsk.

Did Murphy mounts at Newmarket in a lucky 31 leaving out 2.40 and 3.15 races.

• Advertisement

I put up REDARNA as a bet 9 days ago and he obliged,runs again under a 6lb penalty in the 7.45 at Carlisle,a meeting confined to lady riders.Some punters steer clear of such races but i sometimes see an advantage in betting in ladies races provided one has a reasonable pilot on board.

I think REDARNA will win again tomorrow on ground that suits and is a realistic bet at around 11/4.

One who could cause an upset is Royal Shaheen who won this race last year off 79 and who runs here now off 68.Royal Shaheen meets REDARNA on 16 lbs better than when beaten 9 lengths by REDARNA a couple of runs ago.

I still believe REDARNA will win tomorrow but i will have a saver on Royal Shaheen at around 14/1.

GIROLAMO is expected to show a lot of improvement when the 3 year old has his first run a year in the 4.35 at Naas.

Backed it ew at 8/1 and a bigger bet ew at 4s without the fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I put up REDARNA as a bet 9 days ago and he obliged,runs again under a 6lb penalty in the 7.45 at Carlisle,a meeting confined to lady riders.Some punters steer clear of such races but i sometimes see an advantage in betting in ladies races provided one has a reasonable pilot on board.

I think REDARNA will win again tomorrow on ground that suits and is a realistic bet at around 11/4.

One who could cause an upset is Royal Shaheen who won this race last year off 79 and who runs here now off 68.Royal Shaheen meets REDARNA on 16 lbs better than when beaten 9 lengths by REDARNA a couple of runs ago.

I still believe REDARNA will win tomorrow but i will have a saver on Royal Shaheen at around 14/1.

Good tipping.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Good tipping.

Thanks,unfortunately i gave back a good share of my winnings before i even got it by investing on information i received regarding the Bolger horse,"tips would break you break you" is a phrase i heard many times over the years.

However one makes ones own mind up and i am just happy that my only real fancy for the day came home in front and i got a better price (7/2) than i expected.

Tracker horse " multiply by eight " runs in the 2.40 at 5/2 tomorrow. Has potential. Stepping up in trip to try grab a win. Again, 2nd favourite

This horse was disappointing last time, but de sousa rides again tomorrow and I'll give it one last follow tomorrow in the hopes the last time out was an off day.

2.15 7/1

STRICT TEMPO is the days best bet for me,runs in the 2.45 at Newbury with Oisin Murphy up.

Highly tried this year in class 2 and 3 handicaps and was probably a little disappointing once or twice though the ground was not suitable on at least one occasion.
    A winner last year whose best form was a 6th in a listed race at Redcar not too far behind Beat Le Bon,(in a field of 21) who has won 3 on the bounce including the Golden Mile at Goodwood last week.

STRICT TEMPO may have come up against a useful one in Posted at Salsbury 10 days ago when beaten a length and and a half,however the two went 9 lengths clear of the 3rd and the form may prove strong in the context of todays race.

The filly should win a run of the mill class 4 handicap today and may be worth following from now on.

I backed her last night at 5/2 and there is a little 11/4 available which i will take this morning as i believe a strong bet is justified.

Tracker horse " multiply by eight " runs in the 2.40 at 5/2 tomorrow. Has potential. Stepping up in trip to try grab a win. Again, 2nd favourite

This horse was disappointing last time, but de sousa rides again tomorrow and I'll give it one last follow tomorrow in the hopes the last time out was an off day.

2.15 7/1

Safe to say I won't be following that horse again. An atrocious ride from furthest left of the track all the way over to the furthest right. In a 6f race...Silly stuff.

STRICT TEMPO is the days best bet for me,runs in the 2.45 at Newbury with Oisin Murphy up.

Highly tried this year in class 2 and 3 handicaps and was probably a little disappointing once or twice though the ground was not suitable on at least one occasion.
    A winner last year whose best form was a 6th in a listed race at Redcar not too far behind Beat Le Bon,(in a field of 21) who has won 3 on the bounce including the Golden Mile at Goodwood last week.

STRICT TEMPO may have come up against a useful one in Posted at Salsbury 10 days ago when beaten a length and and a half,however the two went 9 lengths clear of the 3rd and the form may prove strong in the context of todays race.

The filly should win a run of the mill class 4 handicap today and may be worth following from now on.

I backed her last night at 5/2 and there is a little 11/4 available which i will take this morning as i believe a strong bet is justified.
    Talking through my lightened pocket and only saw the race on my phone but did anyone think that Oisin did not excel himself.?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Talking through my lightened pocket and only saw the race on my phone but did anyone think that Oisin did not excel himself.?

I agree, Murphy gave dour ride once again, he is some pilot to put a horse in trouble, almost on a personal mission to challenge himself on how he can overcome a near impossible situation, because when it does work out he looks like the best jock in the world!! Look at Deirdre in Goodwood for instance. I know that was a high class race, but you need the horse, the gaps and luck aswell. Murphy's over confidence shines through quite often, the strict tempo ride epitomizes everything that's wrong with his artistry. Anyhow he will probably win the jocks title with a bit in hand and this lacklustre effort will be long forgotten, Oisin will say sorry Mr Balding I'll get it right the next time....

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    I agree, Murphy gave dour ride once again, he is some pilot to put a horse in trouble, almost on a personal mission to challenge himself on how he can overcome a near impossible situation, because when it does work out he looks like the best jock in the world!! Look at Deirdre in Goodwood for instance. I know that was a high class race, but you need the horse, the gaps and luck aswell. Murphy's over confidence shines through quite often, the strict tempo ride epitomizes everything that's wrong with his artistry. Anyhow he will probably win the jocks title with a bit in hand and this lacklustre effort will be long forgotten, Oisin will say sorry Mr Balding I'll get it right the next time....

At least i have him backed to be top jockey so lets hope he wins it and we may recoup losses on Strict Tempo who will probably do well in a bigger field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Brighton

4pm De Vegas Kid 9-1 e/w

Move in Time is a veteran at 11 but I backed it a few weeks ago due to its falling handicap mark.
    Giving the horse one more chance today ew with a claimer on board and a further reduced mark.4
    50 Pontefract.

Move in Time is a veteran at 11 but I backed it a few weeks ago due to its falling handicap mark.
    Giving the horse one more chance today ew with a claimer on board and a further reduced mark.4
    50 Pontefract.

I have MIT and Johnny Cavagin in my tracker but went with MIT @ 5-1 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Brighton

4pm De Vegas Kid 9-1 e/w

Great shout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

50 Pontefract.

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Brighton

4pm De Vegas Kid 9-1 e/w

Well done m8.i had him in a ew double but the other horse let me down.kinda kicking myself i didnt do a single win on vegas kid.

bassy wrote: »
    Well done m8.i had him in a ew double but the other horse let me down.kinda kicking myself i didnt do a single win on vegas kid.

shame, always do singles as well myself, difficult enough to get one winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

One I like the look of tonight is in the last at Yarmouth.

Dubai Elegance won at a big price lto and I think that was no fluke.

Upped to 7f will likely suit even more and will be playing at 9/4.

Luap wrote: »
    One I like the look of tonight is in the last at Yarmouth.

Dubai Elegance won at a big price lto and I think that was no fluke.

Upped to 7f will likely suit even more and will be playing at 9/4.

I know its after timing, but I put this on and then promptly forgot about it.
    Just made laugh when I saw it won

and yep thats right... ten cent..e/w mind!!!

:D

Yarmouth 20:15- Outright Betting Spanish Mane e/wSingle 67.00 0.10 4.23 Won Won

• Advertisement

Backed Picketts Charge 3.10 Brighton.Thought there might not be money for it as the racing post suggests Brighton might not be suitable,I think it will be ok and the fact that there is some money for the horse is probably a positive as it's an Ellison syndicate owned horse and they may be having a day out at the seaside today.
    PP are money back if 2nd to bigger priced winner.

Advertisement