Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Celtic Art came close today but the books came out on top.

The Ebor is a race i like and i have backed my selection already,WEEKENDER was 2nd in it last year off 112 and has only run in group or listed races since.Seems to be as good as ever and is a pound lower than last year with a high draw in the 20s (this race has not been won by a horse drawn lower than 15 in the last 10 years) so with Gosden in good form WEEKENDER must have a decent chance.

20/1 is available but i took 18/1 ew with PP as they are paying 7 places online but not in the shops. 3.40 York.

Forest of Dean will be all the rage in the 4.45 York and he is in very good form and will take all the beating. But i have backed one against him.

I have had a very good bet ew on TUDOR CITY in Powers shop at 5/1 (bog in shops but not online until after 8 in the morning are the new rules).TUDOR CITY won the Galway hurdle a few weeks ago in good style and has good form on the flat at 1 mile 2 furlongs and a mark of 81 is fair and he can be competitive.

However the reason i have had a strong ew bet is that i have been told by a very good source that Tony thinks he will go very close and no better man than Tony Martin to get one ready,PP and some others go 5 places.

SPACE TRAVELLER is improving all the time and if relishing the longer trip could cause a real upset in the 1.50 at York,Danny Tudhope should be on Escobar for David Omeara but rides SPACE TRAVELLER instead,10/1 with PP is too big and i had a little on at 10s ew.

Pretty Polyanna has run some very good races at the highest level and strictly on form she should win the 3.55 listed race at Newmarket today.

However she finds winning difficult and 3 year olds have only won this once in the last 10 years and is worth taking on today with the 6 year old gelding RAUCOUS,who has run two very good races this year in the 2 hardest 6 furlong handicaps,the Wokingham and the Stewards Cup.Did best of those drawn high when 3rd in the Stewards Cup at Goodwood "winning" the race on his side of the track, and had some very good horses behind him in the Wokingham inc Summerghand,Gunmetal,Perfection,Lake Volta and others.

Well worth a try at Listed class,RAUCOUS could spring a surprise today at around 10/1 and is worth an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

A proper fancy for me today. Accidental Agent in the 6:50 Windsor. Group 1 winner in the past, beaten by a nose last time in a group 3, however, has never run more than the mile, 10f today in a group 3. I’m hopeful the extra trip will suit as if there’s anything that can be said about him he’s always staying on strong over the mile. 5/1 is fair.

Something to think about?as far as I knowas 5 of the last ten winners of the Ebor were ridden by 5 lb claimer so.
    C Fallon is the only claimer in the race today.One would think he would have had many offers. He rides Red Galileo and his only other ride at York is top weight Recon Mission in the last an apprentice race .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well worth a try at Listed class,RAUCOUS could spring a surprise today at around 10/1 and is worth an ew bet.

What a great shout! Pints sorted for tonight!

• Advertisement

QPoor enough racing most of the week and i did not get involved,best racing today is at the Curragh and i am backing a couple ew.

Oisin Murphy travels over to ride GUILDSMAN in the 5.20 and has a decent chance of beating the Obriens in the group 3 at 5.20,Guildsman was beaten out of sight last time but that run can be ignored as GUILDSMAN reared at the start,was slowly away and not given a hard time after.

The lightly raced colt was 4th and 3rd in two group 2s before that and can win today,5/1 generally so i backed him ew.

I also backed SALTONSTALL in the very competitive 6.50 race with 26 runners.This horse won a very strong handicap in Galway worth €70,000 in good style and can be forgiven his run 5 days later in another valuable handicap over 7 furlongs when forced wide all the way and still full of running when beaten about 7 lengths having no chance the way the race worked out.

5 lbs higher than for the Galway win he is actually 2 lbs lower if young Ryan's (a jockey going places in my view) 7 lbs claim is taken into account.Most go 5 places online and i wont be surprised if someone goes 6 in the shops.12/1 most firms and worth a few quid ew.

Solage 6.20 Curragh was bought for a million in France after first run.Bolted up in a maiden and might not be out of place in the group 3 at 6.20 today 14 to 1 worth a little ew.

SUMNER BEACH slowly away made up a lot of ground will give it another chance.

SUMNER BEACH is now trained by Brian Ellison and runs in the 5.55 at Hamilton,this is not a difficult contest and with professional training and riding this horse could be worth a bet today.

I do not know what to expect on its first run for Ellison but must have a great ew chance in an easier race than the one won 2 runs back.

I added SUMNER BEACH to the 3 horses suggested earlier and did an ew yankee and will probably back it ew if Guildsman does not win, 13/2 is an ok price if Ellison is seeking a quick payoff with just the 8 runners.

No joy yesterday though one selection was punted from 14 to 4s and Guildsman was given too much to do but got 3rd as a consolation.

TIS MARVELLOUS has a good chance in the listed sprint at 3.15 Beverley and should have Danzeno to beat.

Best bet for me today is PICKETTS CHARGE ew at 6s in the well contested handicap at 4.25 Beverley,in top form,likes the ground and with Ollivander likely to set a good pace the race could be set up for strong finishing PICKETTS CHARGE who has the cheekpieces back on.

Sezim from the Varian yard could be the danger.

Only other bet today is FIRMAMENT ew 18/1 in the 7.15 Chelmsford.OMeara runs 3 in this with chances but the Cieren Fallon,claiming 5 might just work the oracle and get old FIRMAMENT home in front,the horse may be better on turf but at the price is worth a little ew.

No joy yesterday though one selection was punted from 14 to 4s and Guildsman was given too much to do but got 3rd as a consolation.

TIS MARVELLOUS has a good chance in the listed sprint at 3.15 Beverley and should have Danzeno to beat.

Best bet for me today is PICKETTS CHARGE ew at 6s in the well contested handicap at 4.25 Beverley,in top form,likes the ground and with Ollivander likely to set a good pace the race could be set up for strong finishing PICKETTS CHARGE who has the cheekpieces back on.

Only other bet today is FIRMAMENT ew 18/1 in the 7.15 Chelmsford.OMeara runs 3 in this with chances but the Cieren Fallon,claiming 5 might just work the oracle and get old FIRMAMENT home in front,the horse may be better on turf but at the price is worth a little ew.

Tis Marvellous got himself boxed in but would probably not have won,Picketts placed at 8s and i am wondering if anyone knows if PP or Bar- One were going 5 places in the shops in the 7 .15 Chelmsford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Tis Marvellous got himself boxed in but would probably not have won,Picketts placed at 8s and i am wondering if anyone knows if PP or Bar- One were going 5 places in the shops in the 7 .15 Chelmsford.

PP shops only 4 places

IBALLISTICVIN is the best bet tomorrow for me in the 8.45 Kempton,the horse has been running ok on turf but has not been able to get his head in front.

He has not won since october 2017 when he won a class 5 handicap over one mile three furlongs at Kempton off a mark of 65 (runs off 54 tomorrow ).Kempton seems to suit him as his racing record there reads 2nd off 50= 1st off 54-6th off 65 (beaten 4 1/2 )-2nd off 65 and most recent run 1st off 65.

Gary Moore should have him ready for this class 6 and i have backed him ew at 5s ew 4 places PP.

JABALALY in the 7.15 at Kempton ib one i have backed at 12/1 ew 4 places.It is hard to believe that he is still a maiden given that he was a close 2nd to Space Traveller first time out and that horse is now rated 114.

The gelding was disappointing last time but has been well backed and ran well on a couple of occasions,lightly raced i would not write him off and he gets on well with Dane Oneill who rides tomorrow.Ed Dunlop gave him a favourable mention in mondays Racing Post and despite top weight i think he is worth a bet ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

bassy wrote: »
    PP shops only 4 places
    Only Sky&Unibet had the 5 (with BP@21), always worth cross-checking abd whoring about for those extra place(s)
    jXLBfA4.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Here's an interesting offer (PP): 34.0 for all of today's Goodwood to be won by 1L+.

KmNSpN3.png

Only Sky&Unibet had the 5 (with BP@21), always worth cross-checking abd whoring about for those extra place(s)
    jXLBfA4.png

Makes all the difference.

Tadleel 8.15 Kempton is an ew bet stepped back up to a mile tonight and may be value at around 10 ew.
    Harbour Vision only wins here and if Oisin Murphy can get the horse to do its best could be a danger but a jade is a jade and cannot be trusted.

The 3.35 at Gowran is probably the best maiden run this year and it should pay to hAve a bet on Agitate 9 to 2 and 5 to 2 without the Ascot placed Royal Dornoch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Probabaly pointless posting at the price but junooh is 4/6 in the 7.40.

Have him in the tracker. Ran well despite finishing 5th before. Price seems strangely short from that form so I'm going to treble him with italy and germany u21s for 6/4.

(If the horse loses, it'll be up there with the poorest fancy posted!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Probabaly pointless posting at the price but junooh is 4/6 in the 7.40.
    No criticism intended as I backed it as well. But someone knew as there was a big drift just before the off evens to 15/8 with a lot of money looking to lay the horse.
    Shows how hard it is to pick them

Prince rock in the last to recoup losses
    Looked very unlucky in its last run at Lingfield when met traffic and got going again to get third. Hoping with a clear run it can get a win

100% people there knew what was up.

I obviously didn't. Horse drifted 4/6 to 2s. Other horse goes off odds on.

Of course the 2 soccer teams won handy.

Apologies to anyone who followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Danzan (2:55 Haydock)

looks a bet to nothing tomorrow, should place at least. Has had 2 good runs this summer and looks well in at the weights. Pp going 4places. Currently 9/2

Not so sure i should i should be posting this here but as we are all consenting adults i will.

One of the guys involved with Manolith texted that BREATH CAUGHT was worth an ew punt in the 5.15 at Ascot.I will not even look at the race until the morning but on his say so i stuck a score ew at 13/2 for an interest and will have a closer look at the race in the morning.5.15 Ascot.

ISOMER is very well handicapped in the 5.40 at Kempton and should be fav as far as i am concerned to beat Kheros,

The horse has been tried over further than a mile on several occasions but a mile is his best trip and with the very good William Carver on board is a good bet at 5/2.

The 2.55 at Haydock is unusual in that its a claiming handicap and trainers can get horses in below their current mark,with the ground gone soft there may be a bit of value to be found by backing HYPERFOCUS near the top of the weights and UNABATED at the bottom.
    Four places available here and a few quid ew both might pay off as a few in this race are better on good ground.

In the 3.30 at Haydock SHOW PALACE at 14/1 is worth a little ew on ground that suits and that price may underestimate the chance of the horse on ground that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Value to be had in this 3.50 race at Newcastle.

I think Noble Dawn looks the most appealing Newcomer at the price of 25/1 and Pianist could well improve significantly at a price of 10/1. fav is 1/3 so either these each way or w/o fav.

The Cunard handicap at 2.45 Ascot over 7 furlongs is a competitive handicap and 5 places are available with PP online and hopefully some firm will pay 5 in the shops as well.

SPANISH CITY has been running well in the big handicaps and is closely matched with a few of these.Ripp Orf won it last year and will be hard to beat again on only one pound higher.

SPANISH CITY is one that might beat him however with the useful claim of Marco Ghiani who look to have a very bright future and has a strike rate of 15% this year and seems a tidy rider.It is not like Varian to put up 7lb claimers and he must feel the claim will tip the balance in favour of his horse SPANISH CITY.

I have backed it ew 5 places at 9/1.

Varian also runs SALAYEL in the 3.20 Ascot and the filly is only having her third run for him having been racing with some credit in Dubai.Beaten a head first time out for Varian she ran a fine race when 4th of 19 btn 3/4 of a length in a class 2 handicap at York.
    Stepped up a furlong which will suit the filly,SALAYEL is a very good bet.

SHARJA BRIDGE started the season very well and was then a bit disappointing on ground that might have been too firm for him but they were two Group 1s and this is much easier and the gelding may make it a good day for Varian,Atzeni goes to Haydock primarily to ride this one and the hint should be taken.
    On second thoughts Sharja Bridge is too risky and i will NOT be backing it today but will be of interest next time hopefully.

FOREVER IN DREAMS is worth a little ew in the big sprint at 4.10 Haydock,this is won by 3 year olds nowdays and the lightly raced filly is a decent price ew at 12/1 or higher.She likes the course and goes on the ground and would vappear to have been kept for this race.

The under-rated Billy Lee does little wrong and this filly might be under the radar.

For those who like a plot RESHOUN would seem to have been laid out for the 3.35 at Haydock,a race he won last year.His trainer likes to lay one out and the horse is only 2 lbs higher than when winning this last year and that appears to be the plan again as the horse has been running over wrong trips etc.

Having decided not to back Sharja Bridge who may need the run I backed Raising Sand ew at 4some money back if 2nd to the fav as the horse will like the ground 2.25 Haydock.I backed the 4 horses mentioned above leaving out Reshoun in an ew yankee as well as in ew singles and put a score ew on him at 6s and hoping for a good day.

Backed two today just for interest

1.50 elydian flame 8/1 money back if 2md or 3rd

And the so far underachieving fairyland gets Moore on board. Seems friendless in the market at 14/1 but having a shot ew with 4 places

Two at Navan today, small each way bets.
    Attack at Dawn 4:05, 15/2 5 places with Paddy
    Alice Milligan 4:40, 11/2 5 places with Paddy as well.

munster87 wrote: »
    Two at Navan today, small each way bets.
    Attack at Dawn 4:05, 15/2 5 places with Paddy
    Alice Milligan 4:40, 11/2 5 places with Paddy as well.

Didn’t get a chance to follow any racing today, I see Attack at Dawn was nowhere and Alice Milligan beaten a head into second.

• Advertisement

The 2.55 at York is the best race today,a class1 listed race and Dakota Gold is a very short price as he tries for 4 on the bounce and while the gelding is in very good form i have a feeling he might be best at 5 furlongs and on ground with a bit of give.
    The next two in the betting,Marnie and Perfection are also fairly useful and will expose any chinks in Dakota Gold's armour.

However i backed DANZENO at 15/2 ew to do the biz,beaten a length and a half in a similar listed race at Beverly over 5 furlongs lto,DANZENO was running on at the finish and before that was beaten a short head and a nose over 5 furlongs in the Shergar Dash at Ascot again staying on really well.

He beat Enjazzat and Summerghand at level weights at Haydock in his previous race and before that was an exceelent 3rd in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot over 6 furlongs with some very good horses inc Raucous,Summerghand,Gunmetal,Perfection,Lake Volta and 20 more behind.

If there is any kind of a decent gallop today i believe DANZENO will win and at the price is very good ew value on ground he likes.

Advertisement