Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Marl of approval runs in tge 4.50 in neydan tomorrow. 7/1 at the minute on bet365 but not priced on pp or skybet yet.

I think itll go off shorter than that and has a fine chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Marl of approval runs in tge 4.50 in neydan tomorrow. 7/1 at the minute on bet365 but not priced on pp or skybet yet.

Gives the forum an international flavour,hope it wins for you.

I have had my biggest bet of the year on BRISTOL DE MAI 3 oc Haydock saturday as i cannot see him getting beaten,has run 4 times at Haydock and won 4 times inc this race last year.

Ran well in the Gold Cup last year though maybe just not seeing it out.The less demanding Haydock is really up his street and it is probable that this race is his "Cheltenham" and i will not be surprised if he goes off at odds on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Hon Bristol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

I have had my biggest bet of the year on BRISTOL DE MAI 3 oc Haydock saturday as i cannot see him getting beaten,has run 4 times at Haydock and won 4 times inc this race last year.

Ran well in the Gold Cup last year though maybe just not seeing it out.The less demanding Haydock is really up his street and it is probable that this race is his "Cheltenham" and i will not be surprised if he goes off at odds on.

any idea on rough price ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

bassy wrote: »

6/5 on PP, WH & Ladbrokes & 5/6 on bet365

robwen wrote: »
    6/5 on PP & 5/6 on bet365

fook that,way to short for me.

My local Ladbrokes shop were best price at lunch time today at 5/4 and i was happy to take that.I am taking a chance that nothing happens between now and racetime but i was strongly of the opinion the he would go off odds on so i made the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

My local Ladbrokes shop were best price at lunch time today at 5/4 and i was happy to take that.I am taking a chance that nothing happens between now and racetime but i was strongly of the opinion the he would go off odds on so i made the bet.

think lostintranslation beats him but best of luck . i have no bet , gave it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Asterion Forlonge-Thurles 3.35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Red Stripes 7/1 8.00 Chelmsford has course form won on C&D in September.

akelly02 wrote: »
    think lostintranslation beats him but best of luck . i have no bet , gave it up .

Thanks,i hope you are wrong for obvious reasons and the form book suggests that Lostintranslation has a good bit to find and beating Count Meribel (same connections as Bristol De Mai) is a long way off what is normally required to win this.

However we would all be rich if everything to do with racing was straightforward.

I am very keen on the fav not just because he has a good bit in hand,his form at Haydock is 100% and i feel he has been prepared with this race in mind and will not lack fitness.

Finished like a train to take 3rd at 14/1

Would have won well with a kinder early race imo

Asterion Forlonge-Thurles 3.35

Won handy enough. Price unfortunately shortened a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Won handy enough. Price unfortunately shortened a bit.

It didn't look too handy to me looked beat at one point

Scoundrel wrote: »
    It didn't look too handy to me looked beat at one point

Don't know how it looked on telly but was there and thought with 100 yards to go there was only one winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Throw altior in be 11/4 barone special

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Quick Monet 8-1 Chelmsford 6.30

Weak contest, fancy this ew
    Record over C&D is very good.

A 54/1 double tomorrow at newbury

Epatante 4/1 in 2.25

On the blind side in the 3.00 at 10/1

My Target really lost his way but his last run showed he can still win races and he might be worather a bet in the 7.20 at Wolverhampton ew.The Rasher Counter could do with even softer ground in the 3.oc at Newbury but with 6 places ew available in will have a few quid on ew.

• Advertisement

just got a text for word for trap 5 in the 8.57pm race in Shelbourne 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Class!!!

that dog pissed home from the off no catching him,hope you guys were on and got him at 12,s he won at 8/1

I never do the dogs but PP gave me a tenner free bet for Black Friday if I topped up by 50.
    I can take it out again now lol.
    Thanks a mill.

Winner

delighted lads,was great word.did any of ye watch the race?,as soon as the traps open he took off like a skud missile was never gonna be caught thank god :)

delighted lads,was great word.did any of ye watch the race?,as soon as the traps open he took off like a skud missile was never gonna be caught thank god :)

Yep. He wasn't planning on being bumped anyway.

Unreal,was out early tonight so did not see the message.Well done.

Unreal,was out early tonight so did not see the message.Well done.

ah that's unfortunate for you zimmer as you contribute some good winners to this thread,was a great price for a dog he pissed home once the traps opened the should rename him the rocket lol.

• Advertisement

GIOVANNI CHANGE is not given much chance on the Attheraces web site probably because he carries a penalty for a bumper win in Killarney over 4 months ago on good ground.

A couple of winners have come from that race and i would rate that form stronger than a run of the mill bumper in Southwell,the gelding has a good conditional rider up claiming 7 lbs and i am happy to back Giovanni ew in the hope that he handles the heavy ground and is ready after his few months off.
    At 9/2 or better i make it a good ew bet in the 3.35.

Advertisement