Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

GIOVANNI CHANGE is not given much chance on the Attheraces web site probably because he carries a penalty for a bumper win in Killarney over 4 months ago on good ground.

A couple of winners have come from that race and i would rate that form stronger than a run of the mill bumper in Southwell,the gelding has a good conditional rider up claiming 7 lbs and i am happy to back Giovanni ew in the hope that he handles the heavy ground and is ready after his few months off.
    At 9/2 or better i make it a good ew bet in the 3.35.

Looked a bit burley,pulled hard until the jockey let him go on.

Was passed by the short priced fav but kept on at one pace to easily secure 3rd and will be fitter next time so i will keep in mind for an ordinary bumper or novice hurdle.

INFORMATEUR 3.30 Haydock is wednesdays best bet,a fair novice hurdler he fairly bolted up on his second run back from a break.

INFORMATEUR hammered some reasonable handicappers 10 or 11 days ago and looks as if a 7 lb penalty will not stop him.
    Top weight Better Get Along is a useful handicapper but has to give 9 lbs to INFORMATEUR and that may be difficult,3/1 is a good price and i fully expect him to win for Sue Smith whose horses are running ok.

The3.20 at Lingfield must have the worst collection of horses on show for a while,even worse is the fact that some of these do not stay a mile and a half let alone 2 miles.

YASIR stays the trip well and has the excellent Serena Brotherton on board,the gelding has run 101 times and like many in the race is reaching the end of his racing days,normally one would not bother having a bet in a race like this but they are so bad that YASIR may be value.

At 3/1 he is worth a bet and if he should drift to 4/1 or better he would be a "penalty kick" for a place as a few firms (inc Lads) go 4 places.

I will have 2 single bets and an ew double.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Finished like a train to take 3rd at 14/1

Would have won well with a kinder early race imo

Mark of approval out again tomorrow. 3.40 meydan. 5/1

Went close today,post came too quick for one and too late for the other but no great harm done.

Fancy two tomorrow,THAAB IFRAJ 7.30 Southwell,has the edge on the fav Tynecastle Park on a line through Shine Baby Shine who was 2nd to both.

PRINCESS HARLEY has a very good chance in the 6 oc Southwell off a mark 8 lbs lower than her win over course and distance.
    She has only won one her 22 races but seems best at the track and is well handicapped and at 13/2 is a decent bet ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Highstreet Roller 11.40 clonmel serious tip/gamble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Highstreet Roller 11.40 clonmel serious tip/gamble

Just missed it - any other obvious gambles at Clonmel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Just missed it - any other obvious gambles at Clonmel?

Lucky u missed it was 100/1 las night into 8/1 dis no drifted ou 2 16/1 nowhere rotten luck lately but there was word for the horse

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Yeah, didn't run any sort of a race. Completely missed the price drop as its something I normally have an eye on at Irish meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mark of approval out again tomorrow. 3.40 meydan. 5/1

Went off jf at 11/4 but beaten into 3rd again

Dont know what happened to Thaab Ifraj who was closely matched with the winner of the 7.30,must have finished over a hundred lengths behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see Andrew Slattery's horse 'Comhghairdeas' is going in Dundalk 6.15.
    While I have a regard for this horse it is running just 3 days after being placed also in Dundalk and I always have a concern about horses running competitively so close together. Normally I would take the 15/4 on offer.:confused:

INFORMATEUR 3.30 Haydock is wednesdays best bet,a fair novice hurdler he fairly bolted up on his second run back from a break.

INFORMATEUR hammered some reasonable handicappers 10 or 11 days ago and looks as if a 7 lb penalty will not stop him.
    Top weight Better Get Along is a useful handicapper but has to give 9 lbs to INFORMATEUR and that may be difficult,3/1 is a good price and i fully expect him to win for Sue Smith whose horses are running ok.

The3.20 at Lingfield must have the worst collection of horses on show for a while,even worse is the fact that some of these do not stay a mile and a half let alone 2 miles.

YASIR stays the trip well and has the excellent Serena Brotherton on board,the gelding has run 101 times and like many in the race is reaching the end of his racing days,normally one would not bother having a bet in a race like this but they are so bad that YASIR may be value.

At 3/1 he is worth a bet and if he should drift to 4/1 or better he would be a "penalty kick" for a place as a few firms (inc Lads) go 4 places.

I will have 2 single bets and an ew double.

A donkey.

A donkey.

Is that two word message supposed to mean something?

A busy day sat but the only race i will see live will be the racing from Wol.

Nothing stand out as a real solid value bet but a few at ew prices may make watching the replays interesting.

SHANROE SANTOS 3.35 Sandown has plenty of form at marathon distances and should come on from last run around 11/1.
    WALK IN THE MILL won the 1.30 at Aintree last year and is probably primed for it again this year around 8/1
    UN DE SCEAUX is a credit to his trainer and can win the 3 oc at Sandown,has won here before and has a couple of 2nds behind top class horses here and even though the 11 year old will hardly be improving he can come out on top on track that requires good jumping.9/2.

MAYSTAR got bogged down in the heavy ground when running in a listed race in France last time and is better judged on previous form.Godolphin have a good one in the race as they always target these "Fast Track"races into the good friday meeting.Their one may be hard to beat but i believe that at around 15/2 MAYSTAR is value.

Four at nice prices so i will do an ew lucky 15 trying for a big return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Superb picking today Zimmer. Lovely profit today and just a neck away from a huge pay off. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Top Tipping Zimmer! Well done mate

A bit unlucky with Un De Sceaux.my 2 euro ew lucky 15 pays 285.60.So not too bad.

I did not know until today my loser was in a void race,the bet now pays €575. Happy days.

Top Tipping Zimmer! Well done mate

Thanks,i did not know until today that my 4th selection in my lucky 15 was in a void race so thats a "result" for me.

The top 3 in the weights,Stake Acclaim,Gracious John and Watchable will probably go off 1st,2nd and 3rd fav for the 3 oc at Lingfield.

But they may have their work cut out to beat the only 3 year old in the field PRINCE OF ROME in this tight little handicap.

Probably better over 5 than 6 furlongs Frannie Norton can go off in front if he wants and with Richard Hughes in very good form the horse is worth backing ew.

Beechwood June 2..15 Musselburgh went 6 clear 2 out before weakening quickly and fading to 4th.To he horse won over 2 miles on the flat so stamina should be ok and a few mistakes or being a bit short of a gallop may have been the cause and at 9 to2 it's worth an ew bet in the hope the jockey will hold on to him a bit longer.

• Advertisement

I put a tenner ew on FASTAR 6.15 Wol earlier today,G OLeary sends him over from ireland and S Foley goes over to ride.

The horse was 2nd of 28 in a handicap at the Curragh earlier in the year and that form would give him a chance.

Hardly going over for the craic and its interesting that some money has come for it.

RUBENESQUE has won a few races already this year over further,at around 12/1 might be worth a modest bet,i have a small bet on and i did a small ew double with FASTAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Well spotted Zim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Great shout zimmer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

You're in fine form Zimmer!

RUBENESQUE did not sparkle still 145 profit not too bad.

I backed My Target last time when he was only 5th in a race that perhaps did not work out too well for him.

Once very useful when rated around 105 he gave signs he migh be on the way back when winning an ok sort of race at Newcastle by a short head in a bunch finish.

Only raised a couple of lbs he runs in the 12,40 at Lingfield where he done most of his winning.

He was to be my ew bet as Franny Norton goes to Lingfield just to ride him before heading to Chelmsford where he has a full book of rides,but now i am having 2nd thoughts.
    ENGROSSED won a good handicap last time and i believe she will go on to win more races,it was a good race for the grade and few of those behind have come out and won.

The problem is the horse has been off for 4 months and we must assume she is fit enough to do herself justice.
    I will probably back ENGROSSED and do a reverse forecast with My Target. .

COLD HARBOUR has won 4 times already this year at Southwell and is considered best at that track,however has some form at other tracks and run most of his races there.

Won his last race off 61 and ran his best race imo last time off 62 when stepped up to 14 furlongs for first time and off 52 today again i give the gelding a reasonable chance and i will have a few quid ew.

Money back on Cold Harbour,did a rev f cast on the other two but one of my picks never got into the race.

Yards may be held up unlike last time and if so is an ew bet in the 4.35

• Advertisement

The 2.30 at Cheltenham today promises to be a very good race with a handful of horses closely matched.
    If the ground was good i would have been keen on Singlefarmpaynment who deserves a win at the track.

COGRY is my fancy on the ground and with good course form i think he can beat the fav West Approach.
    Onefortheroadtom is another with a chance but for me its COGRY.

SWEET CELEBRATION is the outsider of the field (18/1 bet 365 16s generally) in the 5.30 Chelmsford.
    Once again Marco Botti puts up a 7 lb claimer to counter a hefty rise in the weights after two wins.
    Lightly raced the filly may improve again and if staying the extra 2 furlongs may cause a big surprise.I do not know if the extra two furlongs will suit but at the price i am willing to take a chance and have a few quid ew.

Advertisement