Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    I know it's not great form posting a few minutes before the off ......

I got a ban from the horse racing forum for posting my bets so close to the off, I don't think that was fair but that's just my opinion.

You ignored a Mods instruction - you were told not to post as close to the off again ( 2mins, 1min and 0 mins in fact) and rightly got a ban when you ignored said warning the following day. Same applies in here.

Mod Note: SonOfGoat do not post so close to the off in here either. You will receive a similar ban if you do it again.
    PM if you have an issue.
    Do not reply to this in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sonofgoats last 4 posts were winners so he's a welcome addition to the thread in my own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You ignored a Mods instruction - you were told not to post as close to the off again ( 2mins, 1min and 0 mins in fact) and rightly got a ban when you ignored said warning the following day. Same applies in here.

Mod Note: SonOfGoat do not post so close to the off in here either. You will receive a similar ban if you do it again.
    PM if you have an issue.
    Do not reply to this in thread.

Fair enough, looks like I won't be posting in here again so as that's how I do it.

Last post in this forum, hope to make it 5 from 5 today is 8pm Dundalk, Dark Vader, around 8/15. In reality the horse should be 1/5. Should win easy.

I'm done, good luck to everyone ;)

Mod Edit Banned for a week

Sonofgoats last 4 posts were winners so he's a welcome addition to the thread in my own opinion

I mean, me too, but he doesn't give us much time to jump aboard, even though I follow the thread.

Zimmer is up bright and early which at least give us the chance to scout his selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

I mean, me too, but he doesn't give us much time to jump aboard, even though I follow the thread.

Zimmer is up bright and early which at least give us the chance to scout his selections.

Horse racing is unfortunately not a straight arrow or honest sport. Simply because it's all money related. Punters trainers owners all want the best price if they can get a winner.

What I mean by this is a horse could look a sure thing at 11a.m. and by 1.55pm it looks like it hasn't a chance. Anyone who wishes to post a horse before the off should be entitled to do so. Nobody has to do it. And if nobody did whether a week before the race or a minute before the race there would be no forum at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

theres been the usual posters on here that post horses the nite before even me as I posted one the nite before and it won today.and have posted quite a few winning horses on this thread and the were the nite before also and the were not 8/15 the were smashing prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Kyllachy Gala now back with Marco Botti again is showing his old form.He is 19 lbs better off with Pactolus for a 2 length beating and looks a bet in the 1 oc Ling. Nearly Perfect is an improving young chaser and can win the 1.15 Ascot a handicap for amateurs.

The 2.25 at Ascot is often won by one near the top of the handicap who is also young and on the way up.Song For Someone fits the bill with a 5 lbs claimer on board.

One more for today,DREAMBOAT ANNIE was unlucky last time got going a bit late and the rider could not claim so could be considered 7 lbs better off today and a stronger gallop will help,runs at 3.50 Ling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

bassy wrote:
    theres been the usual posters on here that post horses the nite before even me as I posted one the nite before and it won today.and have posted quite a few winning horses on this thread and the were the nite before also and the were not 8/15 the were smashing prices.

And that's fair enough and hopefully your selections work out for you. But there's another side where a lad could be at a race meeting some randomer gives him a tip a few minutes before the off and according to the powers that be you shouldn't post it here. Obviously frustrating for people who don't see it in time but I would still rather these people post it than not post it.

Not my best day today when 4 selections failed to trouble the judge in a lucky 15 and two ew single bets,however we must accept days like today and try to bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

And that's fair enough and hopefully your selections work out for you. But there's another side where a lad could be at a race meeting some randomer gives him a tip a few minutes before the off and according to the powers that be you shouldn't post it here. Obviously frustrating for people who don't see it in time but I would still rather these people post it than not post it.

Think it's more about the repetative nature being used

Probably 80%+ of the poses are posted with less than 2 mins before the off.

The scenario you describe obviously happens but repeatedly throughout the day - I would suggest are the exception rather than the norm

Let's all try to help each other find a few winners, even better if we can get them in accumulators of some sort

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement

Prince of Rome has been running very well and deserves to win a race but i am hoping it wont be tomorrow as i have backed IRENE MAY ew at 12/1 to beat him

I have been waiting for this filly to run for a while and i am hoping she will be ready after 63 days off.I put her in the tracker after an excellent run in a class 2 at Newmarket at the end of september when she ran on really well to be about 3 and a half lengths behind Chil Chil when unfancied in a valuable handicap off 3lbs higher.

She ran well in 4th next time over 6 furlongs and then seemed disappointing when only 7th over 7 furlongs beaten 5 and a half lengths.

I have no idea if Sylvester Kirk (whose horses are running well) will have her primed for this race but the booking of the best jockey,Simon Walker suggests he will and the trip should be just right so i think at 12/1 she is value in the 7.45 at Kempton a class 4 race.

Irene May is out again today but instead of being eased in grade she is upped to class 3.

This is a very useful filly that i expect to win 2 or 3 races this year,only 2 lbs off last winning mark and trying an extra furlong today which should not be a problem though 6 is probably the optimum..

However unless she is well supported she should not be backed.Comes from a very shrewd yard and was 2nd fav on each occasion when winning.

Kirk could be getting this one ready for whatever he has in mind and next time could be the time to get involved unless of course she is well backed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Irene May is out again today but instead of being eased in grade she is upped to class 3.

This is a very useful filly that i expect to win 2 or 3 races this year,only 2 lbs off last winning mark and trying an extra furlong today which should not be a problem though 6 is probably the optimum..

However unless she is well supported she should not be backed.Comes from a very shrewd yard and was 2nd fav on each occasion when winning.

Kirk could be getting this one ready for whatever he has in mind and next time could be the time to get involved unless of course she is well backed today.

I see she is entered in Newcastle on the 23rd too.... Could be plotting a quick fire double?!

4.10 Plumpton Arcadian Sea
    Little Rich

Going with two here in the lucky last at Plumpton.

First one - Arcadian Sea, having its 9th run over hurdles and it's the first time he's ran on ground that doesn't have good in the description. Has come placed before on the flat at Lingfield on soft ground.

Alexander Thorne gets the leg up taking off 7 - this is the first time he will have been ridden by a claimer over the sticks; so maybe a frontrunning enterprising ride is in the offing.

Not much to go on in the line of form and the horse has drifted quite a bit since this morning but it's a very poor lineup and something has to win.

It's a 1 pt win bet for me at a general 25/1, some 28s around as well.

On to Little Rich. Was not going to back this one but he has drifted to a backable price: 25s & 28s also available on this one. Has also yet to win but has one or two bits of form on soft and heavy going that would give him a squeak, added to the tonguestrap and visor both being applied for the first time today, so a little bit each way for me on this one.

Gluck if you're punting

4.10 Plumpton Arcadian Sea
    Little Rich

Going with two here in the lucky last at Plumpton.

First one - Arcadian Sea, having its 9th run over hurdles and it's the first time he's ran on ground that doesn't have good in the description. Has come placed before on the flat at Lingfield on soft ground.

Alexander Thorne gets the leg up taking off 7 - this is the first time he will have been ridden by a claimer over the sticks; so maybe a frontrunning enterprising ride is in the offing.

Not much to go on in the line of form and the horse has drifted quite a bit since this morning but it's a very poor lineup and something has to win.

It's a 1 pt win bet for me at a general 25/1, some 28s around as well.

On to Little Rich. Was not going to back this one but he has drifted to a backable price: 25s & 28s also available on this one. Has also yet to win but has one or two bits of form on soft and heavy going that would give him a squeak, added to the tonguestrap and visor both being applied for the first time today, so a little bit each way for me on this one.

Gluck if you're punting

RUBBISH.. Nuff said :o

idnkph wrote: »
    I see she is entered in Newcastle on the 23rd too.... Could be plotting a quick fire double?!

Will probably drop to last winning mark now (75) and IRENE MAY should be ready when dropped to 6 or even 5 furlongs and should be in punters tracker.

Will probably drop to last winning mark now (75) and IRENE MAY should be ready when dropped to 6 or even 5 furlongs and should be in punters tracker.

did it win on Saturday?

bassy wrote: »
    did it win on Saturday?

No way,beaten about 8 lengths dropping away,but will be winning soon imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Yet to record a win but I fancy London Calling 5-1 in a more suitable 7F in Kempton this PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

No way,beaten about 8 lengths dropping away,but will be winning soon imo.

Down to run this Saturday in kempton. Pulled from tomorrow's run.

idnkph wrote: »
    Down to run this Saturday in kempton. Pulled from tomorrow's run.

i will be at Lingfield on sat watching one i have a bit of a leg of have his first run and i would probably have a few quid on Irene May who is entered in a class 5 which is a real drop in class.

However i hope she does not run as this a a very ordinary race with low prizemoney and i feel something a bit better is planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Blub123

Anybody in here involved in Sports Trading?
    Did a quick search on boards and no hits at all.
    Have been at it nearly 3 years myself having come from matched betting.
    As my game is mostly Lay 2 Back I'd be very interested in short priced ponies that are a lay in people's views.
    Thanks & stay green!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

i will be at Lingfield on sat watching one i have a bit of a leg of have his first run and i would probably have a few quid on Irene May who is entered in a class 5 which is a real drop in class.

However i hope she does not run as this a a very ordinary race with low prizemoney and i feel something a bit better is planned.

Has your runner in Lingfield any chance Zimmer?

Rebel Early has a good chance in the next at Gowran

Anightinlambourn a decent each way bet in the 3.55 at Wetherby. 20s Lads

7.00 Newcastle Rich Approach 9s Lads/Boyles

I'm going to oppose the short-priced Billy Wedge at around 6/4 who has won twice recently and been
    well backed on both occasions. I think his winning is done for a while, for all that on the formbook
    he should win this.

The selection is a course and distance winner and last won here round this time last year over course
    and distance in a class 5 (class 6 today).

Has your runner in Lingfield any chance Zimmer?

We hoped he had but all the useful ones stayed in and we are drawn 12th of 12.

We will talk about in Newmarket tomorrow,on the face of it first run for the 3 year old from stall 12 is tough,if 13 were declared it would have been divided,but we are travelling and i will post when i know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Rebel Early has a good chance in the next at Gowran

Anightinlambourn a decent each way bet in the 3.55 at Wetherby. 20s Lads

Well done on Rebel J...nice one !

Well done on Rebel J...nice one !

Ta... Was v nice indeed :pac:

7.00 Newcastle Rich Approach 9s Lads/Boyles

I'm going to oppose the short-priced Billy Wedge at around 6/4 who has won twice recently and been
    well backed on both occasions. I think his winning is done for a while, for all that on the formbook
    he should win this.

The selection is a course and distance winner and last won here round this time last year over course
    and distance in a class 5 (class 6 today).

unlucky m8 I had him to win,came 2nd at 10/1 so bitta ew value.

bassy wrote: »
    unlucky m8 I had him to win,came 2nd at 10/1 so bitta ew value.

Ya, he came from too far back.. Never really looked like threatening the
    winner though when he made his run :( Was on the win aswell.

Tomorrow another day :)

• Advertisement

In Newmarket looking out on Marco Bottis yard.Do not fancy much today but put a few quid ew on Rotherwick in the 3.15 at 16 to 1.
    Drops in class today and promises to get going in time someday.

Advertisement