Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

Morning all.,

Going for 2 on the all weather today

4.05 Ling Aguerooo 6/1 PP, Boyles

C & D winner, competitively priced, won this last year.

8.00 Kempton Voi 3/1 Lads, Boyles

This mare is coming into form with a good second at Lingfield last time.
    Is also a course and distance winner and is favourably enough treated.

Going for 2 win singles and an each way double.

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

In the next race at Kempton, the 6.30, I really don't like the favourite - Qatar Queen. The horse is around 2/1 but I have it priced up around 7/2 at least. Can't see it winning. Strong lay bet for me.

I like Orion's Shore e/w in that same race. 16/1.

I like Orion's Shore e/w in that same race. 16/1.

Good luck, hope it runs into a place for you. It has every right to in a very weak race.

My last bet of the evening. 7.30 Kempton, again I'm not liking the favourite - Vibrance who is very short at around even money/11/10. It's another strong lay bet for me, can't see it winning. The horse does excel around Kempton Park, however, when the horse is in form, the trainer usually gets it out on the track within the month. The horse was in form winning twice in November, but I just get the feeling the horse might be gone off the boil and be a bit race rusty and with a few hardy types in the race I'm hoping something can get the job done. Strong lay on the fav for me.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    My last bet of the evening. 7.30 Kempton, again I'm not liking the favourite - Vibrance who is very short at around even money/11/10. It's another strong lay bet for me, can't see it winning. The horse does excel around Kempton Park, however, when the horse is in form, the trainer usually gets it out on the track within the month. The horse was in form winning twice in November, but I just get the feeling the horse might be gone off the boil and be a bit race rusty and with a few hardy types in the race I'm hoping something can get the job done. Strong lay on the fav for me.

Good luck

Fancy dance to Paris myself, small e/w bet for fun.

Morning all.,

Going for 2 on the all weather today

4.05 Ling Aguerooo 6/1 PP, Boyles

C & D winner, competitively priced, won this last year.

8.00 Kempton Voi 3/1 Lads, Boyles

This mare is coming into form with a good second at Lingfield last time.
    Is also a course and distance winner and is favourably enough treated.

Going for 2 win singles and an each way double.

Gluck

Zero joy

Gonna chance a few today for a little each way

1.20 Ruby Yeats

1.50 Hier Encore

2.50 Cap Horner

3.50 Arquebusier

4.20 Annual Invictus

All at Fontwell

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Gonna chance a few today for a little each way

1.20 Ruby Yeats

1.50 Hier Encore

2.50 Cap Horner

3.50 Arquebusier

4.20 Annual Invictus

All at Fontwell

Gluck

Nice start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

We hoped he had but all the useful ones stayed in and we are drawn 12th of 12.

We will talk about in Newmarket tomorrow,on the face of it first run for the 3 year old from stall 12 is tough,if 13 were declared it would have been divided,but we are travelling and i will post when i know more.

Were you happy with his run on Saturday Zimmer ?

• Advertisement

Going to go with 3 each way today at Wolves. On recent form they would appear to have little or no chance. But they are big prices and going back over a couple of years there are glimmers that might suggest one or two of them might be involved.

In the first two races a couple of books are going 4 places 1/5 odds..

Went for

Navajo War Dance 4.30 40/1 pp/Boyle
    Ramblow 5.30 40/1 pp/Boyle
    Logi 6.30 40/1 pp/Lads

Poor horses and poor races so small stakes for the interest.

Gluck

3pm @ Plumpton, I really like the fav - Hideaway Vic. It is quite short at around even money but looks a one horse race and good under-rated jockey on board rex dingle ticks all the boxes. I think it will win easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

3pm @ Plumpton, I really like the fav - Hideaway Vic. It is quite short at around even money but looks a one horse race and good under-rated jockey on board rex dingle ticks all the boxes. I think it will win easy.

To paraphrase Will Ferrers at the end of the dinner scene in anchorman 2 , "We'll I don't think that could have gone any better " !

Going to go with 3 each way today at Wolves. On recent form they would appear to have little or no chance. But they are big prices and going back over a couple of years there are glimmers that might suggest one or two of them might be involved.

Went for

Logi 6.30 40/1 pp/Lads

Gluck

:D
    Beaten almost 60 lengths.. Hopefully things improve . In my defence I didn't know it was the jockey's first ever ride.
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p

Went for

Logi 6.30 40/1 pp/Lads

Gluck

Well that was dire

Went for

Logi 6.30 40/1 pp/Lads

Gluck

Nothing, zilch

None were good enough to even look like being in contention :(

Tomorrow another day or the day after or maybe..

Someday I'll hopefully land a couple :)

Gotta stay positive. More bad days than good :pac:

Can't find much in the line of a bet tomorrow.

Just the one race I'm concentrating on where I like two.

4.25 Southwell The Eagle's Nest 11s Boyle's/Lads
    Jagerbond 50s PP

I think the top four in the betting can all be opposed, with the favourite under Luke Morris looking the most likely winner, but I think the wide draw could do for his chances.

The Eagle's Nest is the one I like the most of the two as he has a decent draw and won on the all weather before off a much higher rating. Has never ran on the fibresand before so I'm taking that as a positive and going with him being unexposed on the surface :P

The other one Jagerbond is far more speculative but on its last two runs over C & D it has come 4th and 2nd so on that basis I give him a chance. But more importantly the price is right.

Will back them both each way and a small reverse forecast just in case.

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Jagerbond 50s PP

I think the top four in the betting can all be opposed, with the favourite under Luke Morris looking the most likely winner, but I think the wide draw could do for his chances.

The Eagle's Nest is the one I like the most of the two as he has a decent draw and won on the all weather before off a much higher rating. Has never ran on the fibresand before so I'm taking that as a positive and going with him being unexposed on the surface :P

The other one Jagerbond is far more speculative but on its last two runs over C & D it has come 4th and 2nd so on that basis I give him a chance. But more importantly the price is right.

Gluck

I was thinking Gracie's Girl ew in that race...

idnkph wrote: »
    I was thinking Gracie's Girl ew in that race...

You could well be right. She's only 3 - lightly raced and was staying on at the end two runs back at the course over 2 furlongs less which would give her a right chance if she stays the trip.

I was happy enough to overlook her myself though, at least on this occasion as I don't feel there's enough form to warrant a bet.

Hope one or both of us collect as there could be 4 places available. Will check tomorrow. I see Appleby has 3 in the race and he'd probably be a better trainer; on the flat at least than Alex Dunn and definitely better than the perhaps aptly named A Crook. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

De Bennette is 10s with Pp paying 5 places.

The ground cannot be too soft for this horse and if really heavy I would have had more than the 20 ew I have on.
    Hopefully the frost melting will make it soft enough for her.Doing her best and given a chance by connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Jagerbond 50s PP

Gluck

Nice one on the eagles nest won at 20/1 unfortunately I wasn't on :(

6.55 Southwell, Fortissimo, I don't think the horse will be in the first 3. Laying 3 places at around 6/4 or a little bigger.

6.55 Sth Jem Scuttle

This one has a good chance here if it manages to go the shortest way around tonight.

Last ran here 3 runs back over a mile where it lost any chance by going wide.

Some money for it. 6/1 atm which is fair.

7.25 Southwell, Mulzim, horse is around 11/2 or 6/1ish. I have a feeling it might run well this evening. I had a few bob e.w on it.

6.55 Sth Jem Scuttle

This one has a good chance here if it manages to go the shortest way around tonight.

Last ran here 3 runs back over a mile where it lost any chance by going wide.

Some money for it. 6/1 atm which is fair.

Ran into one there. A decent 2nd but well beat. Looked like the likely winner most of the way up the run in. :(

6.55 Southwell, Fortissimo, I don't think the horse will be in the first 3. Laying 3 places at around 6/4 or a little bigger.
    7.25 Southwell, Mulzim, horse is around 11/2 or 6/1ish. I have a feeling it might run well this evening. I had a few bob e.w on it.

WD on the both of those Goat!

You could go weeks backing/laying to find two in a row that oblige as easily as those ones did.

It was in the bag 2Fs out in both of those races.
    Some days the game looks easy :)

Never in doubt.

A sterling day for the the thread overall :D

WD on the both of those Goat!

You could go weeks backing/laying to find two in a row that oblige as easily as those ones did.

It was in the bag 2Fs out in both of those races.
    Some days the game looks easy :)

Never in doubt.

A sterling day for the the thread overall :D

Thanks. Yes some day's it goes accordingly and other day's you wonder what's going on. Well done on the 20/1. Hopefully we can get a few winning day's in a row. The racing looks a bit better towards the end of the week.

bassy wrote: »
    Nice one on the eagles nest won at 20/1 unfortunately I wasn't on :(

Thanks bassy.. Pity you missed out

Haven't picked out any for tomorrow (well today now) myself but there's a bloke over on the Horse Racing Forum (MaxBet) who posts big priced selections regularly in his ALL - WEATHER BETS Thread.

He knows his stuff and is due a change of luck.

His selections for the 29th are below

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112382841&postcount=298

I'm going to back all the horses he mentioned each way - he backs them to win himself.

Gluck and keep the faith :)

2.15 Leicester, Pistol Whipped, currently around 6/5'ish and quite short but I don't think it will win today. I backed it last time out when it won and I wasn't overly impressed and I get the feeling it will find one too good and more than likely finish 2nd at best. I just can't see Pistol Whipped winning today, lay bet and my best bet of the day.

• Advertisement

Last bet until this evening for me.

2.45 Leicester, Ballyellis. The horse is about 8/11 at the minute which is short enough but I'm willing to take them odds, I think it will win very handy today. There is nothing ordinary about the horse it's something a little special and an owners dream, pure consistent. I had a 'glance' at the second fav and disregarded it, nothing else in the race. Should be a case of 'jumps around wins.'

Advertisement