Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

if thats your best bet of the week i cant wait to see the rest of them goateeee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    4pm, Carlisle, Haul Us In, around 2/1. Had a nice win bet on it, my best bet of the week. Should win easy.

How did he get on? He's your best bet of the week and there were only 5 runners and he was 2/1 favourite so I take it he pissed in..

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

For God’s sake lads leave it out.
    Everyone gets their picks wrong at times.
    The Goat was very good last week.

For God’s sake lads leave it out.
    Everyone gets their picks wrong at times.
    The Goat was very good last week.

no, he needs to leave out the BS like ''this should win easy etc''

its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Please don't ruin this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

akelly02 wrote: »
    no, he needs to leave out the BS like ''this should win easy etc''

its a joke

So block him if you don't like his comments :rolleyes:

So block him if you don't like his comments :rolleyes:

nobody likes the BS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

The ignore button is an option some posters may wish to avail of.
    No one is forcing anyone to read a post or back anyones fancy.
    If it wins it wins.
    If it loses it loses.

This thread has a habit of going sideways quickly.

So, kindly get back to the purpose of this thread, now, or receive a weeks ban.

One more for me tonight and I think it's got a right good chance at the prices

7.00 Wolver Oh This Is Us 5/1 PP

Came second in this race last year off a higher rating.
    Only ran once at the track since then and that was in a better class race over shorter.

I'm going to ignore its recent form as the majority of that was on turf.

For this one to win I think it needs to hit the front late; as do 1 or 2 of the others but Spencer is an expert at this.

Trained by Richard Hannon who also has 1 more in the race, Fox Power, ridden by De Sousa (his only ride tonight and I believe his 1st in quite a while in England) I can see Fox Power being supported on that account.

But; for me the selection Oh This Is Us is a good price, is value at the price and I believe it has an excellent chance of winning also, so a lot of boxes ticked. A competitive Handicap where 4 or 5 of them could win, I'm hopeful it will be the selection.

Gluck

One more for me tonight and I think it's got a right good chance at the prices

7.00 Wolver Oh This Is Us 5/1 PP

Came second in this race last year off a higher rating.
    Only ran once at the track since then and that was in a better class race over shorter.

I'm going to ignore its recent form as the majority of that was on turf.

For this one to win I think it needs to hit the front late; as do 1 or 2 of the others but Spencer is an expert at this.

Trained by Richard Hannon who also has 1 more in the race, Fox Power, ridden by De Sousa (his only ride tonight and I believe his 1st in quite a while in England) I can see Fox Power being supported on that account.

But; for me the selection Oh This Is Us is a good price, is value at the price and I believe it has an excellent chance of winning also, so a lot of boxes ticked. A competitive Handicap where 4 or 5 of them could win, I'm hopeful it will be the selection.

Gluck

:( Drifted before the off, Hannon's other horse saw some late money :mad:

As well as the fav, he was way too far back.

Some consolation in Fox Power not winning I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The last time WINDSOR CROSS ran in a class 6 the gelding won,now in a claiming class 6 he has lots in his favour.

His last run over a mile is well worth looking at,out the back early on he came very wide with a strong run making up a lot of ground and finished best of all.Would have won in another 50 yards and running over 2 furlongs further (has won over the trip) he should beat the fav who is going for a 4 timer.

I will have a decent bet bet on this one and can see the grey come with a strong run and win going away,anyone who looks at his last run will be impressed.

Did not get the best of rides but chance had probably gone when badly hampered.

1.45 Ludlow Etat Major Aulmes

A bit of a hit and hope one this.

Has had three runs so far and the slightly better ground tomorrow could be a help.

Fledgling trainer I believe yet to record a win and it most likely won't happen tomorrow.

But stranger things have happened and at a generally available 100/1 it's too tempting not to have a little bit e/w on.

2.30 Southwell Port Soif

Been a long time since this one troubled the judge - hopefully it will be tomorrow. Not a complete no hoper despite form figures. Luke Morris aboard for the first time.

25/1 PP, 4 places hopefully, is enough for a small each way from me.

7.40 Wol Fact Or Fable

Will be his second run in two days. Ran a moderate race yesterday but ran an okay race at the backend coming fifth in a 2yo nursery in a decent time. Trainer might be planning a coup :D. If he is i hope it comes off.

50/1 PP and an each way bet for me.

Gluck in your bookie bashing endeavours
    You'll probably need it if you back any of the above :D

They'll do for me though at the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fancy this place & win double. Works out at 3/1 with Bet365.

Liberty Bella won over C&D a little over a year ago and Lion Tower clocked a nice time when winning lto.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Nice tips there. I didn't get on but good picks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Been sick the past few days to not really gambling normal.

In the 5.05 @ Wolverhampton, the fav - Foresee is around 5/4 and I believe is being backed by connections. My only bet of the day and I've backed it to win.

Been sick the past few days to not really gambling normal.

In the 5.05 @ Wolverhampton, the fav - Foresee is around 5/4 and I believe is being backed by connections. My only bet of the day and I've backed it to win.

When were ya ever gambling normally ??

another goat special

Mod note: banned for a week

CALIDUS MIRABLIS has a good chance on form in the 1.40 at Chelmsford 9/4 here and there but generally 2/1,as well as being the form choice the horse has also been been the subject of a positive message to the syndicate from the trainer so is a good bet.

I also like THE BOSSES OSCAR in the 2.45 in Thurles.

Like ATHOLLBLAIR BOY in the 19:00 @ Newcastle tonight (11/4 currently with Bet365).

Claimer on board is a little off putting (Izzy Clifton) but they have won on the horse before and placed a couple of times too.

Has much the better form clockwise over C&D than the rest of the field and so looks to have a decent shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Like ATHOLLBLAIR BOY in the 19:00 @ Newcastle tonight (11/4 currently with Bet365).

Claimer on board is a little off putting (Izzy Clifton) but they have won on the horse before and placed a couple of times too.

Has much the better form clockwise over C&D than the rest of the field and so looks to have a decent shout.

Agree with you on this one for sure.

CALIDUS MIRABLIS has a good chance on form in the 1.40 at Chelmsford 9/4 here and there but generally 2/1,as well as being the form choice the horse has also been been the subject of a positive message to the syndicate from the trainer so is a good bet.

I also like THE BOSSES OSCAR in the 2.45 in Thurles.

Got the 9/4 winner. Cheers

• Advertisement

Agree with you on this one for sure.

Out for the stroll.

Toro Dorado 4 to lads paying 3 places so a good ew bet 1.45 long Queen Constanti 7 to 2 4.40 Ling.Field of Dreams 4 to 1 8.oc Wol.are 3 with chances and Mack The Man 3.35 New is an ew bet 6 places Pp 10 to 1.

2.20 Lingfield, I spent a lot of time on this race. I think Kuwait Currency will go close and maybe grab second place. I think Silent Attack will actually win the race @ around 3/1. But to play it safe the bet I'm doing in the race is I'm laying Almufti for 2 places at around 2/1. It's the one I've written off totally. Looking forward to the race.

Good start

2.20 Lingfield, I spent a lot of time on this race. I think Kuwait Currency will go close and maybe grab second place. I think Silent Attack will actually win the race @ around 3/1. But to play it safe the bet I'm doing in the race is I'm laying Almufti for 2 places at around 2/1. It's the one I've written off totally. Looking forward to the race.

Almufti won well at 9/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

Almufti won well at 9/2.

Great ride. Also Kuwait Currency was last.

Mack The Man still well there when unluckily brought down at the last,plenty of money for it too.

8pm Wolverhampton, Singing Sheriff, the horse is hovering around the 2/1 mark. I think it's a good price and I've backed it to win.

4.15 Plumpton, The Tin Miner, currently around 11/4. I backed this to win.

4.35 Wolverhampton, Beautiful Illusion, currently around even money. I layed this. I don't think it will win. I think it might get 2nd place at best.

• Advertisement

In the 4.15 @ plumpton, I also layed Velvet Cognac for a place at around 11/8. I can't see it being placed.

I'm done for the day.

Advertisement