Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

First day back :)

Not much to go on as far as betting opportunities go but it's been too long so have picked out 3 - pretty much for the sake of having a bet - to have small stakes on.

3.55 Pontefract Lady Shanawell 9/1 PP

A small win only bet on this one.

5.05 Kempton Penarth Pier 20/1 Boyles/Lads

Never done much over a mile but has won before over 7f here, staying on well. Worth a little each way at a reasonable price. I only hope she's held up as I feel she won't stay if she tries to make all - has both styles of running.

7.05 Kempton Hatsaway 20/1 PP

Back on the All Weather after a few runs on turf. More hit than miss, I do however feel he's capable of putting in a good run helped by his drop in the weights and will do for me here. It is one of two P. Phelan horses in the race, the other presumably more fancied as it's shorter in the betting and appears to be attracting some support.
    A small each way bet on the selection is good enough for me.

Good luck ye punters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

First day back :)

Not much to go on as far as betting opportunities go but it's been too long so have picked out 3 - pretty much for the sake of having a bet - to have small stakes on.

3.55 Pontefract Lady Shanawell 9/1 PP

A small win only bet on this one.

5.05 Kempton Penarth Pier 20/1 Boyles/Lads

Never done much over a mile but has won before over 7f here, staying on well. Worth a little each way at a reasonable price. I only hope she's held up as I feel she won't stay if she tries to make all - has both styles of running.

7.05 Kempton Hatsaway 20/1 PP

Back on the All Weather after a few runs on turf. More hit than miss, I do however feel he's capable of putting in a good run helped by his drop in the weights and will do for me here. It is one of two P. Phelan horses in the race, the other presumably more fancied as it's shorter in the betting and appears to be attracting some support.
    A small each way bet on the selection is good enough for me.

Good luck ye punters

Unlucky with lady shanawell she left it to late to just get the win,nice place at 14/1
    Be nice if the other 2 horses at least place later in Kempton or one or both win.
    I have the 3 done in a ew treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Skelton sends SCORHED EARTH to Chepstow for the 8.55,formerly trained in ireland this one was useful enough on the flat and if staying 2 miles would have a chance in a poor race.

bassy wrote: »
    Unlucky with lady shanawell she left it to late to just get the win,nice place at 14/1
    Be nice if the other 2 horses at least place later in Kempton or one or both win.
    I have the 3 done in a ew treble.

Hopefully this last one can do something :)

No good today, about a neck away from 4th place I think in the 7.05 :(

Might try again tomorrow :D

I think I'll go for Shades Of Blue each way in the Kings Stand at Ascot tomorrow. Don't think much (what do I know :) ? ) of the top two in the betting. Hopeful of a good run. 33/1 PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Skelton sends SCORHED EARTH to Chepstow for the 8.55,formerly trained in ireland this one was useful enough on the flat and if staying 2 miles would have a chance in a poor race.

Had le musee in my notebook but went with your selection. Can’t buy a win at the moment. Painful

Ascot without the hustle and bustle,in the 1.15 a small ew on SHELIR having his 2nd run for David OMeara might get a return.

Had a run 9 days ago and that might bring him on,was with Dermot Weld and OMeara likes to try and improve horses from other yards and frequently does,40/1 is a big price and 6 places on offer.

CIRCUS MAXIMUS looks a bet in the 1.50 and is the days best bet at 3/1 for Aiden OBrien.

MANCINI who started fav for this race last year is 14/1 has a chance as has COEUR DE LION also 14/1 are two i suggest ew in the marathon over 2 and 1/2 miles at 4.40 6 places.

A few fairly speculative ones today at Chelmsford for an interest.

5.10 Wiff Waff 11/1 PP/Lads/Boyles
    1st run for new trainer, 5lb claimer aboard.

6.45 Miaella 11/1 PP/Lads/Boyles
    Been punted before without winning. Must think something of her. First time at a mile.

7.15 Luxford 14/1 PP. A lot shorter most other places so maybe won't be available come opening time.
    Course & Distance winner. Yet to win for Gary Moore. Maybe today.

7.45 Rare Glam 14/1 PP/Boyles
    Hoping the step up in trip is in this filly's favour. 1st time cheekpieces

Small each ways on these. Not great prices admittedly for "speculative" each way pokes :(

And one at Ascot.

3.35 Shades Of Blue 33/1 PP
    Think this one has the best chance out of the lot of them and a bigger price to boot. Trainer has won this race before.

Good luck

Tomorrow, Wednesday 17th June

:( If any bookies are open

7.20 Chelmsford Intense Style 25/1 Boyles - might be bigger elsewhere but I don't think Paddy's are open.

I'm a gonna give this donkey one more chance. Often, not always, travels well through his races without following through at the end. If he doesn't win or at least run respectably I'm going to give up backing the fcuker :D.

Surely won't find a better opportunity to win than this race. Has won over this distance before and off a rating as high as 88 - down to a lowly 55 now. Has never won on the all weather either but I'm hoping that will all change tomorrow.

This 8yr old has been through a few trainers and is now with Phil McEntee who saddles him for his second run. I'm using the power of positive thinking to convince myself that he has found the key to this costly to follow steed and has him primed for a winning run, with jubilant (albeit slightly muted because of that which needs not be mentioned) scenes as a smiling Grace tips her hat as she enters the winners enclosure to receive a warm hug from daddy Phil.

Or maybe not, and if that's the case I think I'll give up on this mule.

6.20 Chelmsford Atletico 9/1 Boyles

A more dependable conveyance than the above and I am reasonably confident that this one can give punters a good run for their money. Just the eight declared and I hope they all line up to give 3 places.

Will have moderate each way stakes on t'brace, maybe a double too.

Good luck all

Ascot without the hustle and bustle,in the 1.15 a small ew on SHELIR having his 2nd run for David OMeara might get a return.

Had a run 9 days ago and that might bring him on,was with Dermot Weld and OMeara likes to try and improve horses from other yards and frequently does,40/1 is a big price and 6 places on offer.

CIRCUS MAXIMUS looks a bet in the 1.50 and is the days best bet at 3/1 for Aiden OBrien.

MANCINI who started fav for this race last year is 14/1 has a chance as has COEUR DE LION also 14/1 are two i suggest ew in the marathon over 2 and 1/2 miles at 4.40 6 places.
    A good day at Ascot 33/1 placed in the first SHELIR. Getting 4/1 about CIRCUS MAXIMUS was great and getting 16/1 on COEUR DE LION also excellent and the only loser at Ascot was Mancini.

A really good first day at Ascot somewhat spoiled by the poor run of SEAS OF ELZAAM,but still a good profitable day.

• Advertisement

Not a bad day

Last one

Last one

zimmer are you on the beer there with the winnings lol

zimmer are you on the beer there with the winnings lol

No trying to finalise wed bets.cant post the pics of the CIRCUS MAXIMUS bets says file is too big and i am a bit of a Luddite and i dont want to post the Seas of Elzaam bets lol.

A few for wed,will not back until the morning as PP do not go BOG until 8 in the morning.

1.15 Ascot SALAYEL ew 6 places PP at 14/1.
    3.35 Ascot AFAAK has done it all before here and i think he might just do it again on ground he will relish,Cieren Fallon claiming 3 lbs can only help and with up to 7 places is an ew bet at around 12 or 14 to 1.
    The 4.40 may be won by the well fancied FUJAIRA PRINCE if he gets the trip ( likely but not certain but Varian is hardly likely to run him unless he has the stamina) and a low weight brings SELINO ew into the equation in my opinion so i will back SELINO ew and Fujaira win.

Those are the tough big field races and i will look at the others tomorrow.

couple of more bet at Ascot,RUSSIAN EMPEROR ew at 3/1,hard to see how it will not be involved in the finish as the ground will be ok.

ADEYBB is one of my favourite horses and if the ground got really soft would be my bet in the 3.oc,however it may not be and i have backed BARNEY ROY at 7/2 without Japan.A failure at stud BARNEY ROY has been gelded and lightly raced may still improve,gelding has helped to calm him and he is not a handful now as he once was.

I have backed MANOLITH EW but that is more in hope than anything else,he owes me nothing and i would be happy to see him run well at Beverly 12.50.

A few for wed,will not back until the morning as PP do not go BOG until 8 in the morning.

3.35 Ascot AFAAK has done it all before here and i think he might just do it again on ground he will relish,Cieren Fallon claiming 3 lbs can only help and with up to 7 places is an ew bet at around 12 or 14 to 1.
    The 4.40 may be won by the well fancied FUJAIRA PRINCE if he gets the trip ( likely but not certain but Varian is hardly likely to run him unless he has the stamina) and a low weight brings SELINO ew into the equation in my opinion so i will back SELINO ew and Fujaira win.

Great stuff Zimmer especially on the 4.40 race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Great stuff Zimmer especially on the 4.40 race

hes on fire lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Well done buddy

• Advertisement

++ Well Done

The forecast in the 4.40 especially good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Some man to pick a horse in fairness.

I Think 3 of his 4 picks yesterday made good money. Guess which one i backed!

Another good day SALAYEL got chinned close home but got the ew.
    AFAAK 7th but showed the value in getting the best terms as PP PAID 7 PLACES
    Backed FUJAIRA PRINCE at 4s win only and SELINO ew for a 1 2
    Backed RUSSIAN EMPEROR ew, backed Manolith and Barney Roi who both lost but i had a very good day again.

Tomorrow, Wednesday 17th June

:( If any bookies are open

7.20 Chelmsford Intense Style 25/1 Boyles - might be bigger elsewhere but I don't think Paddy's are open.

I'm a gonna give this donkey one more chance. Often, not always, travels well through his races without following through at the end. If he doesn't win or at least run respectably I'm going to give up backing the fcuker :D.

Surely won't find a better opportunity to win than this race. Has won over this distance before and off a rating as high as 88 - down to a lowly 55 now. Has never won on the all weather either but I'm hoping that will all change tomorrow.

This 8yr old has been through a few trainers and is now with Phil McEntee who saddles him for his second run. I'm using the power of positive thinking to convince myself that he has found the key to this costly to follow steed and has him primed for a winning run, with jubilant (albeit slightly muted because of that which needs not be mentioned) scenes as a smiling Grace tips her hat as she enters the winners enclosure to receive a warm hug from daddy Phil.

Or maybe not, and if that's the case I think I'll give up on this mule.

6.20 Chelmsford Atletico 9/1 Boyles

A more dependable conveyance than the above and I am reasonably confident that this one can give punters a good run for their money. Just the eight declared and I hope they all line up to give 3 places.

Will have moderate each way stakes on t'brace, maybe a double too.

Good luck all

Rubbish... I'm still pi*&ed that I was unable to have the opportunity of losing monetarily what with the shops being closed... Not losing is no upside given the current fcooked up situation :mad:.

Just one shop open in limerick today and gave them a call.Did my other bets online with Pp giving more places.

Best bet for thur is MOLATHAM 2.25 Ascot,i have backed it already with PP EW AT 5/1 4 places.
    Well regarded and beat the OBrien trained Witchita last year.

A few very big priced bets for small money that could give us a run.

YOSHIMI 1.15 20/1 or better has some decent bits of form 1.15.

ZIGGLE POPS has had plenty of runs and could run a good race in the 4.10, 22/1 with PP 6 places a bit higher elsewhere.

GRACEFUL IMAGE is 50/1 with PP and 66/1 in places ist 5 places,can run well at a huge price if none the worse for her reasonable run in the 1000 gns 11 days ago, she beat the useful Varian filly Stylistique last year and if over her gns run could cause a shock.

The 3 big priced horses can give us an interest for small money and despite the prices all three have form lines that give them chances,

Graceful Magic is a non runner so a fiver ew Prince Of Arran at 40 to 1.
    Has never gone further than 2 miles but if he stays this tough horse is great value at the price in the Ascot Gold Cup.

Ground change at Ascot so i cashed out for a loss of 20 obn Molatham and backed King Leonidas who will like the ground.
    I also backed Waliyak in the 4.40 as ground suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Graceful Magic is a non runner so a fiver ew Prince Of Arran at 40 to 1.
    Has never gone further than 2 miles but if he stays this tough horse is great value at the price in the Ascot Gold Cup.

Il owe you a pint or two if they come in Zimmer!!Good luck today everyone.

• Advertisement

Best bet for thur is MOLATHAM 2.25 Ascot,i have backed it already with PP EW AT 5/1 4 places.
    Well regarded and beat the OBrien trained Witchita last year.

A few very big priced bets for small money that could give us a run.

YOSHIMI 1.15 20/1 or better has some decent bits of form 1.15.

ZIGGLE POPS has had plenty of runs and could run a good race in the 4.10, 22/1 with PP 6 places a bit higher elsewhere.

GRACEFUL IMAGE is 50/1 with PP and 66/1 in places ist 5 places,can run well at a huge price if none the worse for her reasonable run in the 1000 gns 11 days ago, she beat the useful Varian filly Stylistique last year and if over her gns run could cause a shock.

The 3 big priced horses can give us an interest for small money and despite the prices all three have form lines that give them chances,

Great shout Zimmer for molatham on the line,great stuff................

Advertisement