Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jamieon

Holy christ Ryan Moore.... is there anything left to be said about this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

What a week Zimmerman, you're Bank rolling my 90 minutes in the pub when it reopens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ground change at Ascot so i cashed out for a loss of 20 obn Molatham and backed King Leonidas who will like the ground.
    I also backed Waliyak in the 4.40 as ground suits.

I read this and didnt back it. raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Another profitable day and did not have much to do other than watch the racing so i put a few hours into studying the Ascot card for tomorrow and while its normally a recipe for disaster to say i found a few decent bets. i honestly think i have.

1.15 KEEP BUSY has been kept busy and punters often prefer potential to actual form and she will probably go off at a bigger price than she should. She has been running mainly over 6 furlongs and staying on so 5 may appear too short.

But a fast 5 on rain softened ground will make this a tough test which should suit and she handles the ground 8 or 9/1.

1.50 I hope SETARHE handles the ground in this group 3 and if she does she will be hard to beat,like many in the field she has only run once but was very impressive and is well regarded,i have backed her already with PP AT 7/1.

2.25 i probably will not bet in this race but i am told EYE OF HEAVEN is very very fast and i only looked at the race for placepot reasons,i have not done a placepot in quite a while but i will tomorrow.

3.oc MORANDO stays well and wants it soft so is a very safe ew bet for Balding who is in good form.Varian is also in great form and DEFOE will be ridden with more restraint than last time so i must include him,he won it last year.

3.35 PIERRE LAPIN is expected to win this group 1 for Varian,a star in the making imo ,soft ground is an unknown but if it is not too bad i would expect he will be good enough.

4.10 I probably will not bet on this race,none proven over the trip but AL DABARAN and BERKSHIRE ROCCO will not be far away and i will include in the placepot.

4.40 not in the placepot but i wish it was because it is a difficult handicap and i think GOOD BIRTHDAY is a good bet at 9/1 PP 5 places,runs very well in big handicaps,only ran once over this trip when beaten 13 lengths last year.Not certain to get the trip but if held up can play a part in the finish and that is factored into the price.

PLACEPOT for anyone who is interested and can get on,8 units for whatever stake one wants to use.

I have dropped AL DABARAN for the OBrien horse SANTIAGO.

1.15 numbers 7 and 9

1.50 numbers 10 and 11

2.25 number 4

3.oc number 9

3.35 numbers 6 and 14

4.10 numbers 2 and 8

For my placepot i included an extra selection so my placepots increase to 16 units and i am doing 2 euro bets so 32 euro staked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

PLACEPOT for anyone who is interested and can get on,8 units for whatever stake one wants to use.

I have dropped AL DABARAN for the OBrien horse SANTIAGO.

1.15 numbers 7 and 9

1.50 numbers 10 and 11

2.25 number 4

3.oc number 9

3.35 numbers 6 and 14

4.10 numbers 2 and 8

For my placepot i included an extra selection so my placepots increase to 16 units and i am doing 2 euro bets so 32 euro staked.

Don’t suppose you can do online with PP or Lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Don’t suppose you can do online with PP or Lads?

Been trying to do the same but can't see any options for it.

There are options to do it .I rang a.nd did it on the phone and they informed me I can do it online.Just a question of finding out the method.The girl told me but I wasn't paying attention and I am sure I will manage when I have more time.

Ryan Moore has alot to answer for. Can't believe how bad he has been this week

i gave a few quid back today,soft ground not suiting one selection and another backed at more than twice the sp being short of room before running on well for second.

Thats racing and we must accept losses as well as wins.

• Advertisement

i gave a few quid back today,soft ground not suiting one selection and another backed at more than twice the sp being short of room before running on well for second.

Thats racing and we must accept losses as well as wins.

anything for tomorrow zimmer.

I backed one at a very big price (35/1) in the 12.40 at Ascot tonight. My bet was €20 ew with PP 6 places and a very good case can be made for backing the horse.

HYPERFOCUS is the horse who runs in the consolation race for those who do not make the cut for the WOKINGHAM.

Last october HYPERFOCUS split Danzeno and Gulliver getting 6 lbs from them in a £62,000 class 2 handicap at York in soft ground beaten a neck and Gulliver and Danzeno are both fancied for the Wokingham tomorrow.

That run was not a fluke as last june HYPERFOCUS beat Gulliver and some other good sprinters in a 6 furlong handicap at Ripon getting 5 lbs on good to soft.

Last season HYPERFOCUS had his first run in a handicap on the aw at Newcastle before being beaten a head on his next run on turf.

This year he had his first run at Newcastle when showing up for about 5 furlongs before dropping away. Not one to have the mortgage on but HYPERFOCUS would not be out of place in the Wokingham and can give us a good run at a crazy price and it is worth noting all his wins were on ground with soft in the going.

In the Wokingham proper at 4.10 i am backing SUMMERGHAND an old fav of mine for these big sprint handicaps who by the way had HYPERFOCUS back in 2nd when winning last year,

SUMMERGHAND does not know how to run a bad race and despite the fact that stable jockey Danny Tudhope ride another OMeara runner in the race (OMeara has 3 with chances in the race) i think he may be on the wrong one.

SUMMERGHAND has nothing to hide and at 8/1 he is not a huge price but looks sure to be involved PP is paying 6 places.

In the last at Ascot i have not decided yet between WHO DARES WINS and THE GRAND VISIR,i am leaning towards THE GRAND VISIR who won this last year but i wont decide until morning.

The Grand Visir gets the vote in the last at Ascot in the hope that he has been laid out for it.

Final 2 selections for today. DARK LION is highly regarded and can be competitive in the 1.50,it is a very tough race but DARK LION is fancied ,i backed it ew at 9s and have a smaller ew bet on SARDINIA SUNSET in the 1.15 a really competitive race at 14s,16 is available but not with PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

All about pinatubo for me today in the 3 o clock

Just got word for red armour 8/1 ew 6.55 Kempton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

bassy wrote: »
    Just got word for red armour 8/1 ew 6.55 Kempton

Feck, looked like they had it too until the accident whatever happened. Poor horse.

Feck, looked like they had it too until the accident whatever happened. Poor horse.

Sorry guys he was going well with Hayley on board,not sure what happened.
    Anyone definitely know what happened??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was leading before suddenly falling back in the field and then seem to go head over heels. Broke a leg perhaps?

We will watch it back a few times,was certainly travelling well hope horse and Hayley are ok.

Didn't see any contact with another horse. Looked like the horse went wrong and that's why Hayley was unshipped as she tried to stop her/ pull her up.

• Advertisement

Watching it back on racing replay looks like the horse broke down sadly.

It happened at the 2 furlong pole.

Watching it back on racing replay looks like the horse broke down sadly.

It happened at the 2 furlong pole.

is the horse ok ????

is the horse ok ????

Didn't hear. Watched the rest of Kempton and don't recall hearing anything good or bad. Can only assume the worst. Maybe I'm wrong, as I wasn't really listening, was more on in the background, but they usually make a big song and dance if the horse is okay. On the other hand RTV wasn't exactly overstaffed this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

is the horse ok ????

Racing post comments,sadly are :

Bumped start, took keen hold, pressed leader, lost action and eased 2f out, fell over 1f out, fatally injured

abarkie wrote: »
    Racing post comments,sadly are :

Bumped start, took keen hold, pressed leader, lost action and eased 2f out, fell over 1f out, fatally injured

so he would have been put down ??.

so he would have been put down ??.

"she" most likely was put down. Can't know for sure because we weren't there. Probably broke her leg or something like that and was "euthanized".
    Bloody euphemisms they use. Why can't they say put-down if that's the case.
    I suppose it's possible the filly suffered a fatal heart attack - unlikely but possible.

"she" most likely was put down. Can't know for sure because we weren't there. Probably broke her leg or something like that and was "euthanized".
    Bloody euphemisms they use. Why can't they say put-down if that's the case.
    I suppose it's possible the filly suffered a fatal heart attack - unlikely but possible.

very very sad :( feck my money and bet im more worried about the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,635 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

very very sad :( feck my money and bet im more worried about the horse.

Threw a few quid e/w myself but not a fùck was given when I seen her go down in the bottom right of the screen. 1st thoughts were I hope the jockey and horse were both OK.

4.40 leopardstown landing zone 4/1

• Advertisement

Backed Fuwairt this morning at 8e ew,has become very well handicapped 2.55 Kem

There seems to be a real "old fashioned gamble" on Fuwairt today,lets hope its landed,i think the horse has had more half a dozen trainers in his career.

Advertisement