Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed Fuwairt this morning at 8e ew,has become very well handicapped 2.55 Kem

There seems to be a real "old fashioned gamble" on Fuwairt today,lets hope its landed,i think the horse has had more half a dozen trainers in his career.
    Now i think the knackers yard beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

hey guys got word for american lady in ayr 4.15 was 11,s gone to 11/2 so i have 20 ew,up to ypou guys what you do.
    hope theres a little more luck than poor old red armour the other evening at kempton.

bassy wrote: »
    hey guys got word for american lady in ayr 4.15 was 11,s gone to 11/2 so i have 20 ew,up to ypou guys what you do.
    hope theres a little more luck than poor old red armour the other evening at kempton.

Never looked like winning,but a nice 2nd at 10/1 for ew value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Never looked like winning,but a nice 2nd at 10/1 for ew value.

Aye good tip on an otherwise dull day.

FALCONIDAE seems to have improved for a stable switch from Hannon and at 5/1 pp is an ew bet for me in the 2.15 Bev.

Also at Bev COLONY QUEEN 3.45 looks an improving filly and can win again today ew at 9/2 PP 4 places.

Two ew singles and an ew double.

• Advertisement

FALCONIDAE seems to have improved for a stable switch from Hannon and at 5/1 pp is an ew bet for me in the 2.15 Bev.

Also at Bev COLONY QUEEN 3.45 looks an improving filly and can win again today ew at 9/2 PP 4 places.

Two ew singles and an ew double.

Sigh I didn't click EW on PP for my double, very annoying.

Another good day for the cult followers of Zimmermania! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

crushproof wrote: »

??????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

That good the website crashed

TARTAN SPARTAN is believed to have a bit in hand in the 6.40 tomorrow at Roscommon,contested some good races on the flat and now having first run in a handicap over hurdles,had some issues but expected to show improvement now handicapping.

I have backed it ew at 11/1.

Roger Varian runs ANGEL POWER in the 3.40 at Haydock with a good chance of following up her recent win. Had good form last year on soft when 3rd behind Dancininthestreet on soft at Newmarket.

DANCININTHESTREET franked the form at Royal Ascot last week when 2nd behind Art Power in a good handicap and Angel Power may not have to improve on that run to win here,an ew bet at 6/1.

• Advertisement

TARTAN SPARTAN is believed to have a bit in hand in the 6.40 tomorrow at Roscommon,contested some good races on the flat and now having first run in a handicap over hurdles,had some issues but expected to show improvement now handicapping.

I have backed it ew at 11/1.

Roger Varian runs ANGEL POWER in the 3.40 at Haydock with a good chance of following up her recent win. Had good form last year on soft when 3rd behind Dancininthestreet on soft at Newmarket.

DANCININTHESTREET franked the form at Royal Ascot last week when 2nd behind Art Power in a good handicap and Angel Power may not have to improve on that run to win here,an ew bet at 6/1.

Tartan Spartan a non runner zimmer

I fancy a couple tonight at Windsor,5.55 INVINCIBLE LARNE was 2nd last time out to Becker and has a 5lb pull for a length and a quarter which should bring both horses together.

However i am convinced that the return to grass will suit INVINCIBLE LARNE better and the gelding is an ew bet at 9/2 or thereabouts.

FIRENZE ROSA ran well enough over 6 furlongs here just over a week ago and the drop to 5 furlongs may suit better today.

Dropped 2 lbs today and again ridden by regular apprentice Aled Beech today may be the mares turn,no world beater but consistent in this grade is also an ew bet at around 4/1 or 9/2.

EW on both and an ew double.

My favourite race is taking place on sat,the Northumberland Plate or as the locals call it the Pitmens Derby,now in its 5th year on the AW the view that it is hard to win if drawn in double figures still prevails,(i do not fully go along with that and 4 years is not long enough for trends to develop.

It has always been a lucky race for me and i try to do as much study of the race as possible,i have been at it for the last couple of days on and off. A classier type of horse with a higher rating has been contesting the race for some years now with some success.

I will post my tuppenceworth tomorrow night and if anyone else has ideas on the race i would ask to do the same and we might be able to put us on a winner in a very competitive 20 runner handicap.

We do not have to pick just one horse anyone can narrow the race down to 2 or 3 horses who may have chances,i think it will be good to try to get the to grips with a tough big field handicap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Good man Z. The master and commander of the thread

I see lyrical attraction runs this evening at the curragh,think Zimmer had him up here last week and he was a non runner.

I see lyrical attraction runs this evening at the curragh,think Zimmer had him up here last week and he was a non runner.

I dont remember posting that one bassy,are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

My favourite race is taking place on sat,the Northumberland Plate or as the locals call it the Pitmens Derby,now in its 5th year on the AW the view that it is hard to win if drawn in double figures still prevails,(i do not fully go along with that and 4 years is not long enough for trends to develop.

It has always been a lucky race for me and i try to do as much study of the race as possible,i have been at it for the last couple of days on and off. A classier type of horse with a higher rating has been contesting the race for some years now with some success.

I will post my tuppenceworth tomorrow night and if anyone else has ideas on the race i would ask to do the same and we might be able to put us on a winner in a very competitive 20 runner handicap.

We do not have to pick just one horse anyone can narrow the race down to 2 or 3 horses who may have chances,i think it will be good to try to get the to grips with a tough big field handicap.

Not very original but rainbow dreamer and caravan of hope each way look bets to nothing paying 6 places.

Sorry Zimmer I must have got mixed up some where,must be this cloggy dead heat lol.

Sorry Zimmer I must have got mixed up some where,must be this cloggy dead heat lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Must be.....Must be ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anyonecanhaveitall is drawn poorly (18) but looks to have a good chance being a course and distance winner and can handle the trip. Being bottom weight a plus also. 11/1 in the Zimmer Plate

Anyonecanhaveitall is drawn poorly (18) but looks to have a good chance being a course and distance winner and can handle the trip. Being bottom weight a plus also. 11/1 in the Zimmer Plate

the zimmer plate i like it i like it :)

The Plate has changed quite a bit over the years,in the past it was often won by horses laid out for the race and carrying a low weight,all has changed and since 2008 no horse carrying less than 9-0 has won it.

Last year the lowest rated horse to get into the race was rated 96 and 98 was the lowest rated horse in 2018.

When the prizemoney increased the race attracted classier types and thats why the rating required to get a run went up.

This year for a variety of reasons classier type are absent and those rated 84 get in.

Varians horse is fav and is probably on the up but at 5/1 i could not have him and the stable had a short price fav tailed off last year.

Carwennan has form here and won the consolation race last year and is sure to run well.

I have fancied SMART CHAMPION for a while and i think at around 8/1 he is value ew PP 6 places.

My value bet is COSMELLI who for reasons i cannot fathom is very well handicapped,he was 5th in this race last year btn 2 and 1/4 lengths off 96 and is 8 lbs lower off 88,he has a good claimer on board who takes another 5 lbs off.

If that wasn't enough he won the consolation race for this in 2018 off 96 carrying 9-7 and tomorrow he carries 7-13
    a featherweight.

He is not best drawn (16) but won the consolation race in 2018 from stall 18 and if his 19 year old apprentice,who has ridden more than 30 winners can stay cool COSMELLI is a great bet.I backed him tonight at 16/1 with PP and i am convinced i have a good value bet,i will have a saver on Smart Champion ew

TABAAHY 5.25 Lingfield is in good form and can win again for David Omeara.

Think Abushamah 14/1 has a nice chance in the 2.15 at Redcar

Think Abushamah 14/1 has a nice chance in the 2.15 at Redcar

I thought wrong :pac: :o

unplayable wrote: »
    Not very original but rainbow dreamer and caravan of hope each way look bets to nothing paying 6 places.

Not bad

Another good shout Zimmer, nice E/W return but a big shame as I thought Cosmelli could have one that

Another good shout Zimmer, nice E/W return but a big shame as I thought Cosmelli could have one that

Yes,he ran very well.The young lad had him well placed throughout and always travelled well,however he possibly should have kicked a bit sooner as he gave the principles a head start.He appeared very high in the saddle and maybe lacked strength in the finish.

I am not being too critical i hope because it is quite possible the kid had to shed a few pounds in the last couple of days to do the weight and may have been a bit weak.

• Advertisement

TABAAHY 5.25 Lingfield is in good form and can win again for David Omeara.

Oisin won’t be delighted to watch that One back

Advertisement