Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

Luck not in today - 4 2nd's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

What kind of money would a good 3YO like that fetch Zimmer?

Manolith lot 691 sold for 13,000 gns which was more or less in line with our expectations,they cant all be like Prince Elzaam,bought for 15,000 won twice and sold for 60,000.
    We had fun and a couple of paydays and he has not cost us a penny.

Now we have the purchase of another one to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    Just got word for a horse

Ardhoomey 6.45 curragh 11/2 pp paying 5 places I've gone 20 ew

Happy enough he was placed so made a few quid at 13/2 placed.

one for tomorrow 3.10 leopardstown TASEEQ 25/1 ew lads

Gone for THREAT and OXTED in the July Cup.
    Both each way.
    About 10/1 & 14/1
    I think the ground is getting better, hopefully suit these two

• Advertisement

8.30 Newcastle OUR CILLA 50/1

She ran a good race last backend over C&D finishing 4th in a fast time, so presumably a good race for the grade. That race was also a grade 6.
    Trainer A Crook gets few winners, but he had 1 last week, which is a good sign.
    Also, the jockey that gets the leg up - Harrison Shaw, who claims 3lbs - is in flying form recently. His first time on this horse, so there are a few things in this outsider's favour imo. A decent each way proposition all things considered, 3 places in the shop; maybe 4 online.

Meanwhile in the same race a PLACE LAY recommendation on the fav NEARLY THERE. I don't think this one will be in the top three (or is it 4, not sure) places today. Not a bet I can do myself but if she goes to 4/6 - 1.66 or shorter it would be of interest.

Good Luck. I could do with some after yesterday :p

10,s now must be a few bob for him we shall see.

3rd. Good call there

10,s now must be a few bob for him we shall see.

Didn't see the race got the result finished 3rd so very nice place money if you had him done last night when he was 25,s

Didn't see the race got the result finished 3rd so very nice place money if you had him done last night when he was 25,s

Didn't do him. Good to see someone getting a result though.

• Advertisement

Gone forTHREAT and OXTED in the July Cup.
    Both each way.
    About 10/1 & 14/1
    I think the ground is getting better, hopefully suit these two

:D Well done to Cieren, Son of Kieran Fallon, as well as me :pac:

I'm surprised that Rich Belief is as big as 22s here at Newcastle 4.50. Have it backed at shorter odds.

I'm surprised that Rich Belief is as big as 22s here at Newcastle 4.50. Have it backed at shorter odds.

I'm not surprised now, useless, today anyway ;)

Ajman Prince to fill one of the two spots in the 8.0'c at Newcastle. 25/1 each way. Maybe Anyonecanhaveitall can go well to at 11/4

Going with the birthday boy David Allan in last, Master The Stars 9 o'c

1.45 Ayr Lucky Violet

Goes okay this time of year. C&D should be alright, as well as the ground.
    Dropping in weights. 22/1 not massive though.

Small each way for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Sunday Sweet 6.25 Kill is well regarded by trainer.

Tommy Rock 6.45 Kempton will improve for the extra furlong 4 to 1.2 ew singles and an ew double.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Chasing Abbey is fancied 3.00 Roscommon today

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Mighty blue also fancied in 7.55 Killarney

Very small each way on Onda District here at Ayr 3.50 50/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

razorhead wrote: »
    Mighty blue also fancied in 7.55 Killarney
    I'm also on Mightyblue for the WIN goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ballyare 14-1 ew
    Ary 6.50

Has run two good races in defeat in last two outings. The longer trip will suit, has been running on over 5f
    Good value with 4 places,

A few I like to go well at decent prices.
    Hopefully can catch a winner and maybe a place or 3 :pac:

*Am going on Paddy and Boyle odds so prices may be bigger elsewhere.

*Any reference/s to knowing any horse trainer/s, jockeys or connections is purely for comedic purposes :p
    All opinions the poster's own :D

Ayr

5.15 MERRICOURT 20/1 PP
    5th run for Ian (Iain?) Jardine since he left Ger Lyons. Jardine campaigned him on the All Weather for the selection's first three runs in his care. Last time out he ran over the 7 at Musselburgh, which was an improvement on those other three runs. It was a class 5 race that day and the horse runs in a grade 6 today. Please improve some more Merricourt for Iain, Jamie the jockey, connections and me :pac:

5.50 NUBOUGH 16/1 Boyles
    Another one from the Jardine stable, and another castoff - this time from Charlie Hills. Having his 6th run for the trainer today, his last 3 runs were in grade 3s and the last 2 of those read poorly from a form point of view. However, those 2 runs were on soft and good to soft going. The horse ran well on the two runs previous to those on good to firm and good going. The going is supposed to be good today, and along with the drop in weights (down 5lbs since third last run) and back to a grade 4, me and Iain are confident of a bold showing :D Horse hasn't run since October and Iain hasn't told me whether or not he's fully wound up; which, I feel is a tad remiss :P Fitness, alas has to be taken on trust.

6.50 MR WAGYU 9/1 PP
    From the John Quinn stable and a C&D winner from 2 runs back on good ground and that along with the price is good enough for me. Is up 4lb for that win but them's the breaks. Could be worse; if he won last time at Donny it could well be 10lbs and a 1/4 the price, so we'll not cry about it - I'll save my crying for after the race - tears of joy I hope :D

8.00 CHINESE SPIRIT 28/1 Boyles
    Possibly the least confident selection out of the four, but it ran a nice race over C&D for Miss Perrett this time last year on the same going as predicted today. If he recaptures that form the two times Course winner should be bang there.

Bath

4.10 SALKEEV 50/1 PP
    Going into speculative territory here. This one goes for the Archie Watson/Hollie Doyle combo. I believe it's also owned by the trainer, or perhaps a close relative. This filly has raced 5 times and it will be her third run for current connections. I'm hoping that this one can improve for Mr Watson with the step up in trip. Together the Doyle/Watson combo have won 4 times from the last 19. I'm hoping this run will make it either 5 or 6 out of 21, as they also team up in the 1.35. I like Hollie Doyle; she's a good pilot and am considering backing her for the jockeys championship. Don't know where she is in the betting, but Murphy, I think, and Ben Curtis are the top two in the books.

Southwell

12.15 LORD CONDI 14/1 Boyles
    Lawdy, I show hope this one obliges too :p. Only 7 runners, so therefore two places but what can ya do eh.. Recent form figures are poor - the last 4 read PPPP, which ain't so good. On the plus side the horse has had a spin (1st time in a chase last time out) over the larger obstacles, and the gelding's 6 competitors are also running after an absence and some for the first time over fences, goes well in small fields and the visor is applied for the first time today. 'Green Shoots', as they say.

Each way on all the above,

Best of luck to all.

leffesem,
    Trying to put the 'pun' into punting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

What a shout 28/1

catrat12 wrote: »
    What a shout 28/1

:D

Thanks

Happy with that alright

"The Punter's plight"

Just an observation here

Just seen that Brian Hughes has had a 20/1 winner at Southwell; first time over hurdles, but not unraced; has had quite a few runs on the flat.

It's one of those where one could think 'why da fuq didn't I back that?'. Granted, I didn't even look at the race from a form point of view and it was trained by Kevin Frost so wouldn't exactly have 'jumped off the page'.

However, if one had looked at the 'page' they would have seen that the tissue price was a mere 4/1.

Punter then thinks 'Why didn't I see that? If I had noticed I'd have had a euro or two on it on account of the tissue price alone."

Yep, tis a hard game

4.30 Southwell Bartholomew J 16/1

Topweight in a handicap, only 5 runs over hurdles, some good form on flat.

Has a chance in this I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

4.30 Southwell Bartholomew J 16/1

Topweight in a handicap, only 5 runs over hurdles, some good form on flat.

Has a chance in this I feel.
    Nice one son. He really kept finding more on the flat.

Nice one son. He really kept finding more on the flat.

He looked about 100/1 going over the last :pac: :pac:

If he didn't fall, and somehow managed to stay up I was full sure he was going to be second by a couple or 3 lengths. Fair play to the gutsy horse, and a lovely ride from the jockey - kicked him on and 'catch me if you can'.

Happy days :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

He looked about 100/1 going over the last :pac: :pac:

If he didn't fall, and somehow managed to stay up I was full sure he was going to be second by a couple or 3 lengths. Fair play to the gutsy horse, and a lovely ride from the jockey - kicked him on and 'catch me if you can'.

Happy days :D:D:D

It was never in doubt son!. He got punted into 10/1 before off aswell. Now, hang on to it!

Advertisement