Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Some high odds winners yesterday Leffsem, well in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Yarmouth 12:35- Burano Boy 11/1
    Catterick 12:45- Astrozone 5/1
    Catterick 14:50- Strong Power 15/2
    Yarmouth 14:10- One Night Stand 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Got word for OMNIVEGA 6.45 Kempton 6/1 ew bet.

Getting punted - 4s now. Good luck

BOOM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nice one Zim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Finally seen a zimmer tip and got on it in time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Great stuff Zimmer cheers top man and top tipper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Cooper in the next in killbeggin

8.25 Haydock CRITICAL TIME 18/1 Gen.

6th last time over C&D. Down in grade and ease in ground I'm hoping will suit.
    3rd run for Tom Dascombe. Presumably not good enough to stay with W.
    Haggas (still in same ownership). Has to have a chance.

• Advertisement

Fifth Position Don today. 3.10 days best bet.

A very easy winner,in a fast time that day and is a good ew bet to win again in the 2.30 at York.

A tough handicap with 22 runners is won nowdays by classier horses at the upper end of the handicap and FIFTH POSITION looks the one to be on.
    I see him as better than a handicapper and he can win this before going on to better things

Best price with Ladbrokes (who wont bet in the shops on tomorrows racing.) at 10 or 11 to 1 which is little use to punters who do not have an account.

I backed it in Boyles at 9/1 this afternoon 5 places BOG and i am very happy with that price.

I am having a saver on GOOD BIRTHDAY at 18/1,the 2nd string of Andrew Balding is lower rated than what is usually required to win this in recent years but i have a feeling that he will run well.

He won a good handicap in Beverly off 95 and followed that up with a very good 3rd of 30 in the Cambridgeshire last year off 98 staying on well over 9 furlongs.William Carver claims 5 lbs tomorrow which puts him in the race off 92 and he is capable of causing a shock.

A small rev forecast is optimistic but i will invest a tenner on it.

8.25 Haydock CRITICAL TIME 18/1 Gen.

6th last time over C&D. Down in grade and ease in ground I'm hoping will suit.
    3rd run for Tom Dascombe. Presumably not good enough to stay with W.
    Haggas (still in same ownership). Has to have a chance.

No joy today.

An ew lucky 15
    El Astronaute 3.05 York
    Summerghand 4.oc New
    Gulliver 6.15 Curr
    Al Kout 7.25 Haydock.

Last word for today.
    I just received word that Mathew Smith fancies Flaming Moon in the 6.15 at the Curragh.
    Recent run can be ignored as he swallowed his tongue.
    At 25 to 1 he will run better than his price.
    It's a very competitive handicap and I have already backed Gulliver but I am having a small ew on Flaming Moon on the strength of what i heard.

Last word for today.
    I just received word that Mathew Smith fancies Flaming Moon in the 6.15 at the Curragh.
    Recent run can be ignored as he swallowed his tongue.
    At 25 to 1 he will run better than his price.
    It's a very competitive handicap and I have already backed Gulliver but I am having a small ew on Flaming Moon on the strength of what i heard.

Oh I'm sick had Gulliver to win and he beaten by a nose,damn.i taught flaming moon was placed,seems not cheers Zimmer

bassy wrote: »
    Oh I'm sick had Gulliver to win and he beaten by a nose,damn.i taught flaming moon was placed,seems not cheers Zimmer

Yep he got placed,must have finished 5th,that will do me

7.55 Haydock YOU'RE FIRED

In a race where plenty can have a case made for them, I'm going to take a chance on You're Fired here. Had a very long absence, has since had 2 runs in the last 2 months. Could be third time lucky or maybe gone at the game. Is a 2 time course winner and is down 12lbs since last win, although that was 4 yrs ago. 40/1 Boyles is tempting enough for a small very hopeful each way bet.

7.45 Curragh Tonkinese 10/1

Goes well at the course. A small win bet here.

bassy wrote: »
    Yep he got placed,must have finished 5th,that will do me
    Yea 5th was ok got a little profit and Smith was correct in that the horse would belie his odds,we were chinned with Gulliver,the young lad on board must have thought he was home and hosed.

Tomorrow 3.50 Ayr LUCKY VIOLET 18/1 PP/Boyle's

Of this Mare's 10 or so runs in the last year, most of those have been poor. Her latest outing however, which was here at a slightly shorter distance, was promising though. Has won this event two years ago, is probably well handicapped, and has the aid of a 3lb claiming jockey. Factor in the price and there's plenty to like.

Gluck

• Advertisement

I backed Lady De Vega in the 8.30 at windsor in a few Pp shops,its a bigger price elsewhere but Pp are money back if beaten by a bigger priced horse.
    Lady De Vega will probably drift anyway so taking a smaller price wont make a difference.
    She needed every yard of the mile 2 lto and will probably improve again for the step up in trip and looks a good bet.

Tomorrow 3.50 Ayr LUCKY VIOLET 18/1 PP/Boyle's

Of this Mare's 10 or so runs in the last year, most of those have been poor. Her latest outing however, which was here at a slightly shorter distance, was promising though. Has won this event two years ago, is probably well handicapped, and has the aid of a 3lb claiming jockey. Factor in the price and there's plenty to like.

Gluck

Never even in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I backed Lady De Vega in the 8.30 at windsor in a few Pp shops,its a bigger price elsewhere but Pp are money back if beaten by a bigger priced horse.
    Lady De Vega will probably drift anyway so taking a smaller price wont make a difference.
    She needed every yard of the mile 2 lto and will probably improve again for the step up in trip and looks a good bet.

In a few shops zimmer? We looking at a bigger than usual bet then. I can see about 2/1 at the moment.

unplayable wrote: »
    In a few shops zimmer? We looking at a bigger than usual bet then. I can see about 2/1 at the moment.

Not so much bigger,100 win.

I got 40 on in two betting slips in my local shop and visited 3 other shops to have 20 on in each.

I was taking a lower price in PP shops but felt the horse would probably drift and so with the prospect of money back if 2nd to any other horse i felt i was getting value.

8.30 Windsor

How will they calculate Rule 4 here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

8.30 Windsor

How will they calculate Rule 4 here?

Deduction of 45 cent In the euro

SETARHE was 6 lengths behind Dandalla over 6 furlongs at Royal Ascot in a group 3 when she finished 2nd behind the impressive winner.

Fev Rover was a head behind Dandalla at level weights in a group 2 over 6 furlongs at Newmarket on july 10th almost causing a huge upset.

A strict reading of the form puts Fev Rover well ahead of SETARHE and that is reflected in the betting today, but as we know well things are never quite that simple and i believe that SETARHE will come out on top today.

Nothing went right for SETARHE at Ascot,she missed the break and found herself behind a wall of horses a furlong and a half out and had to switch to the unfavoured near side inside the final furlong making up a lot of ground to finish 2nd having no chance whtsever to get to the easy winner.

The way she ran on suggests the extra furlong today will suit and the form has a good look to it as the Aiden OBrien horse Mother Earth who was 3rd came out and won a group 3 next time.

I think SETARHE offers a bit of value today despite what the form book says and i backed her at 100/30.

It will probably turn out to be a good race and the form stood up though there was not a lot between the three fillies all of whom attracted support.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Small e.w on Apache pilot 7:30.

• Advertisement

WISE EAGLE runs in the 5 oc at Pontrefact tomorrow and he has a good chance,he has not run for 5 months,has never run on grass and is running over 2 furlongs longer than for his win.

For all that he must have a good chance with his stable in top form and i have backed him ew.

Its a nice little race with a few with useful form and a couple of unexposed types who are now qualified to run in handicaps after two runs due to covit.

Wise Eagle may also be a little unexposed as he steps up in trip as his sire excelled over 10/12 furlongs.

I think he will beat the exposed horses and i fear the Sheikh Obaid horse Mark of Gold who benefits from the rule change and who could be anything.
    However i think WISE EAGLE will be hard to beat and as we are all consenting adults on here i suggest he is worth backing before he goes to the sales.

Advertisement