Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

WISE EAGLE runs in the 5 oc at Pontrefact tomorrow and he has a good chance,he has not run for 5 months,has never run on grass and is running over 2 furlongs longer than for his win.

For all that he must have a good chance with his stable in top form and i have backed him ew.

Its a nice little race with a few with useful form and a couple of unexposed types who are now qualified to run in handicaps after two runs due to covit.

Wise Eagle may also be a little unexposed as he steps up in trip as his sire excelled over 10/12 furlongs.

I think he will beat the exposed horses and i fear the Sheikh Obaid horse Mark of Gold who benefits from the rule change and who could be anything.
    However i think WISE EAGLE will be hard to beat and as we are all consenting adults on here i suggest he is worth backing before he goes to the sales.

dead last off the sales with it haha. didnt see the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

unplayable wrote: »
    dead last off the sales with it haha. didnt see the race.

We have been given a explanation of sorts for the very poor run and he will be going to the sales but we shall try one more time as he has only had 3 races in all.

We have had a win out of the horse and 4 wins out of the other 2 in our colours and that is some record,owners who spend multiples of what we spend find it hard to get winners.

I am disappointed that people may have lost money but thats racing and anyone who bets should be aware that the Books always have the odds in their favour.

I enjoy racing and betting and take the bad with the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

We have been given a explanation of sorts for the very poor run and he will be going to the sales but we shall try one more time as he has only had 3 races in all.

We have had a win out of the horse and 4 wins out of the other 2 in our colours and that is some record,owners who spend multiples of what we spend find it hard to get winners.

I am disappointed that people may have lost money but thats racing and anyone who bets should be aware that the Books always have the odds in their favour.

I enjoy racing and betting and take the bad with the good.

Are all yer'e horses with Tom Clover Zimmer?

Tom only trains Wise Eagle because he owns 50% that we sold him.
    David Omeara is our trainer and half the dozen or so members of the group live around the York area where he trains.
    The horses are only kept for 1 season and then sold on.
    We are buying a couple of yearlings in a couple of months to race next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Tom only trains Wise Eagle because he owns 50% that we sold him.
    David Omeara is our trainer and half the dozen or so members of the group live around the York area where he trains.
    The horses are only kept for 1 season and then sold on.
    We are buying a couple of yearlings in a couple of months to race next season.

What do u like in the international stakes at ascot tomorrow

• Advertisement

Wont be able to study that difficult handicap (which I like)until tonight and if I see a worthwhile bet I will post it.

CHILL IN THE WOOD is up 10 lbs for running away with a 3 mile 2 1/2 furlong handicap lto,not fancied apparently today in the 6.05 at Newton Abbot but this very easy last time winner could cause a bit of a shock today over the same trip for his small trainer.

SEAS OF ELZAAM disappointed us a few times this year but i have backed him ew at 3/1 this morning and at 11/4 later on in the hope that he shows what we think he is capable of in the 6.55 at Ripon.

By popular demand :pac: here's 1 for tomorrow.

2.25 Ascot JACK'S POINT

This one I like to be there or thereabouts tomorrow.

Can race prominently or try to make all, so should have no trouble in running anyway.
    Think the ground should suit whatever it is - good to firm-good in places is the current going
    description. He's only ran the once over C&D; where he finished a good 2nd just last month, and is a four year old, so I'm hoping there's some improvement to be found as well.

Lots of 20/1 about, as big as 25/1 with bet365, and I think 20s underestimates
    his chances here where I feel there are question marks over the top three in the betting, and in a wide open race I think he's at least good enough to fill one of the 5 likely available places.

A bit high in the handicap perhaps, and has only won twice in twenty starts - only 1 at the trip. It is a big field handicap however (which will be right up his alley imo), over what I feel is his ideal trip, and, for me Jack's Point has more than a sporting each way chance all things considered (out of the few things I have considered:p).

Spending 2 hrs studying is a waste of time I feel. I looked at a few and, out of those the pen landed on this one. Will not be getting rich, or down to eating beans and toast regardless. That's if I could even be bothered going to the betting shop. These new restrictions aint half annoying, and consequently interest in studying and punting has diminished :(

But, it is a big Saturday Handicap, and for that reason alone, if I do have a bet tomorrow it will be a modest each way on the selection.

Gluck

Andrew00 wrote: »
    What do u like in the international stakes at ascot tomorrow

Two at the head of the betting,Blue Mist and Ebury are passed over,they can win but are very poor value and this is not a race for favs.

My 3 against the field are SPANISH CITY 18/1,has plenty form over c and d and Varian puts Ray Dawson up taking 5 lbs off.

SHELIR,David Omeara is trying to re-invent this one as a 7 furlong horse,raced over as far as 10 furlongs when with Dermot Weld,has had 3 runs for Omeara and one over c and d was very good and should be ready to strike for Omeara who does so well with horses from other yards.11 or 12 to 1.

My third is another Omeara horse ARBALET, a bit of an under achiever for Hugo Palmer who has run well in this race on a couple of occasions and after 4 runs for Omeara is well handicapped if back to anything like his best,could be value at 12/14 to 1.

Looks a very good competitive handicap where many have chances and horses with big field form at the course are ones to look out for.

The other Varian horse Mutamaasik would be of interest if he had not run so badly lto and is too short a price for this race.Some shops are going 6 places and i will only bet with those who go 6.

Pp only 5 places in shops 2.25 6 online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

1.50 twassol 7/2 ascot win got a text for him few mins ago he's well fancied to win.

My 4 bets for the day

2.25 chief of chiefs 9/1 ascot EW

2.40 Elarqaam 2.40 2/1 York win

3.00 Tsar 7/4 WIN

4.10 frontispice 8/1 EW

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gillamandango

Interesting you didn't back your tip in your 4 bets for the day

bassy wrote: »
    1.50 twassol 7/2 ascot win got a text for him few mins ago he's well fancied to win.

Stinker

Interesting you didn't back your tip in your 4 bets for the day

Cause I had my 4 horses already done,only got word for that horse half a hour or so before the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Only going to have 1 bet today. Newmarket 2.50, Declaring Love. I'm not liking the horse at all in this race. I can't see it winning. The horse is very short at around 8/11 and I have it priced up around 6/4. I've been laying the horse the past 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gillamandango

Looked like there was something wrong with it, horse didn't seem right from about 4f out.
    Cause I had my 4 horses already done,only got word for that horse half a hour or so before the race.

Looked like there was something wrong with it, horse didn't seem right from about 4f out.

Totally agree there was something not right.

My 4 bets for the day

2.25 chief of chiefs 9/1 ascot EW 4th gone place money

2.40 Elarqaam 2.40 2/1 York win 6th :(

3.00 Tsar 7/4 WIN nice win on him :)

4.10 frontispice 8/1 EW
    non runner

Wars of clan 16/1 Doncaster 6.30 ew
    Frontispice is non runner,so wars of clan is my last bet of today

I've decided to have 1 more bet. I'm after getting a bit of word for - My Oakclahome in the 5.45 @ Tramore. Horse is around 7/4'ish. Horse is primed to win today, being backed by connections and a clear round will do it I'm told. I'm out til tomorrow

• Advertisement

2.15 Wolverhampton, Sermon. Horse is around even money. I've had a fairly substantial win bet on this horse today. This is my strongest bet in well over a year.

Might have 1 or 2 more bets but Sermon is by far my best bet of the day.

3.40 Ascot, More Beautiful. I'm not liking the horse in this 'particular' race. I'm a bit dumbfounded how it's so short in what is a fairly tough race. I can't see More Beautiful winning today. The horse is currently trading around 7/4. I have the horse priced up around 5/2 or 11/4. I'm laying the horse here. I'm quite confident it won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    2.15 Wolverhampton, Sermon. Horse is around even money. I've had a fairly substantial win bet on this horse today. This is my strongest bet in well over a year.

Might have 1 or 2 more bets but Sermon is by far my best bet of the day.

fair play just held on

well done!

Last bet of the day for me.

4.15 Ascot, Tiger Crusade, horse is around 6/4'ish. I think the horse will win. Looks exposed enough but I get the feeling the horse has more to give, definite win bet for me.

I'm out til tomorrow.

One for tomorrow

4.30 Market Rasen EMILY WEBB 12/1 Boyles (16/1 bet 365 - for those with accounts)

I think this 5yr old mare has a very good chance at the prices. Off since September of last year; she had a pipe opener over the minimum trip at Southwell 2 weeks ago. I think that trip was too short, and was just to get a run into her.

She has very little form to speak of all the same; but her 2nd last run over the extended 2m 2f here reads well enough in a race like this. Out of her 9 hurdles outings (just the one on the flat) that was her best performance over the sticks imo. Am hoping that the extra 2fs she has to contend with here than she faced last time at the course will suit, and that this is a horse that can go well at Market Rasen.

The trainer Alex Hales is in cracking form too, with 4 wins and 4 places in the last 21 days out of 13 runners, so trainer form gets a box tick too.

Am undecided if it's a win only, or an each way proposition, but the default position at the price available suggests an each way bet for me.

Gluck

6.30 Windsor

I like 2 in this race - 1 drawn low and one has a high draw.

* DOC SPORTELLO (drawn 2 out of the 10 declared) 9/1 Boyles (as big as 12s with bet 365)

This evergreen, lightly raced 8yr old has solid claims here. Low draw is slightly off-putting(horses drawn high tend to fare better over the 6f trip), so I have gone for 1 drawn high as well.

* BETTYS HOPE (drawn 9) 14/1 PP/Boyles (again, bigger elsewhere - is 20s with the seemingly generous bet 365 :P)

This filly is down in grade to a class 4, after being campaigned in tougher divisions since winning a class 2 over 5fs almost bang on a year ago. She's had very little joy since then, but is only 3 yrs old so probably has improvement in her, and is steadily dropping in the weights too.

Will do em both each way, and hope at least one makes the frame here,

Gluck

Galway without the crowds but with plenty of competitive racing to enjoy on the box it is as big a challenge as when we were there.

Tony Martins owners love to win at Galway and his horses are always trained to peak there.

Share The Honour appears to have been laid for the 6.15 and should win.

I fancy Takarengo to win the feature race at 6.45 despite the fact that he has not run further than a mile and a half on the flat.

The gelding hacked up by 4 and a half lengths at the Curragh last october in a decent handicap before running 4 times over hurdles.

He ran twice on the flat over a mile and a half in july when not fancied and staying on when not beaten far on both occasions.

I believe he has a bit in hand for this good pot off a mark only 8 lbs higher than when hacking up last year over a mile and a half at Leopardstown.Tom Mullins has booked a good rider for this amateur race that 4 year olds do well in.

12/1 WITH pp 6 places is available and 14/1 5 places.I expect he will stay and if so is a very good bet at the odds.

1.10 Redcar, Fools Rush In, around 2/1'ish. I've just finished backing it to win. It's my best bet of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    1.10 Redcar, Fools Rush In, around 2/1'ish. I've just finished backing it to win. It's my best bet of the day.

Won handy at 9/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

qaabil 17.45 Galway 15/2

Wajaaha 18.15 Galway 6/1

A wave of the sea 18.45 Galway 11/1

Ciel Dafrique 19.45 Galway 11/4

Four i'll be backing today at Galway

Advertisement