Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenter wanted for "soundproofing" floors

Options
  • 23-11-2017 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I’m looking to reduce the sound & creaking for the floor between my downstairs and upstairs (apartment, thrown up during boom times)

The floor is pretty hollow, and there is a significant amount of creaking as well.

Looking for a carpenter who might be able to help/offer solutions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

twiga wrote: »
    I’m looking to reduce the sound & creaking for the floor between my downstairs and upstairs (apartment, thrown up during boom times)

The floor is pretty hollow, and there is a significant amount of creaking as well.

Looking for a carpenter who might be able to help/offer solutions.

What kind of flooring have you down ?
    It might be and idea to throw up a thread I the construction forum to get a few ideas of what you can do to quieten it down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twiga

Great idea! I'll post there.

They are just hollow wooden floors (Between 1st and 2nd floor). I don't think there is even insulation in them.

Advertisement