Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

‘To the householder’

• 23-11-2017 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the amount of letters coming through the door lately addressed ‘to the householder’?
    I have a ‘no junk mail ‘ sticker on the letterbox which has worked for ages but I am getting more and more of these letters of late.
    They go in the bin unopened but it’s becoming irritating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

They go in the bin unopened

But..but..but...
    They're full of amazing offers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Got one from Ford yesterday, I don't even have a Ford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Got one from Ford yesterday, I don't even have a Ford.

Isn't it time you got one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My postman is pretty good in not bothering me with this junk mail (I also have a sticker on the letterbox), but anything without my name on it gets binned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

No, its fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

When I get those letters addressed to the householder, I write on the envelope, ‘Not at this address’ and post it back in the postbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I got one during the last referendum and it had to do with just that, also there is a company that does lifetime guarantee exterior spray paint job for houses, they always have 'to the householder' on the envelope, now stamp, so it must be hand delivered like a flyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Got one today from Barnardos and it really pissed me off .Its blackmail and putting pressure on people to send money .In it was two Christmas cards and a sheet of wrapping paper .And two sheets of Christmas stickers with my address on them ( to put on the back of an envelope .
    If I want to buy their Christmas cards I will , but i wont be bullied into it by putting the guilt trip on me . Disabled Artist used to do the very same and use guilt to get me to buy them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Got one today from Barnardos and it really pissed me off .Its blackmail and putting pressure on people to send money .In it was two Christmas cards and a sheet of wrapping paper .And two sheets of Christmas stickers with my address on them ( to put on the back of an envelope .
    If I want to buy their Christmas cards I will , but i wont be bullied into it by putting the guilt trip on me . Disabled Artist used to do the very same and use guilt to get me to buy them

Fergus "ex Fianna Fail spin doctor" Finlay eh:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Don't get too many 'to the house holder' letters, but they would be put in the stove along with the other junk.

Speaking of Fianna Fail, last week I got a letter from one of their finest thanking me for the chat we had when he called to my door the Friday before. Let me know if I can be of service to you / help rabble rabble. Not addressed to the householder this one, no it was actually addressed to me.

The thing is, I haven't lived at that address in over a year, the letter was redirected to my new address. They really are the biggest pack of wánkers going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    My postman is pretty good in not bothering me with this junk mail (I also have a sticker on the letterbox), but anything without my name on it gets binned.

If it actually has your address on it he is legally obliged to deliver it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

So what does he do with it ? Its addressed to your house so does he dump it or put it in your green bin or where ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Fergus "ex Fianna Fail spin doctor" Finlay eh:rolleyes:
    Nope, Fergus "ex Labour spin doctor" Finlay. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fergus_Finlay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I used to work in a call centre where a decent % of the calls related to people begging us or threatening us to stop flooding them with sh*te.

My An Post postman keeps stuffing junk mail through the door along with the regular post-one of these days i'm going to bundle all of this trash together and dump it in the local postoffice just as they dump it in my home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Feck it in their letterbox! Not the postmans fault really, an post get paid to distribute them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

If any of these have a letter with postage paid, stick it on a box full of rocks and send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I need 5 leaflets every week from my local pizza joint, chinese ,fast food joint,
    plus a few offers to change gas,broadband,phone provider .
    it,s handy for using to start a fire .
    i find it strange ,why would i go to a chinese 2 miles away,
    when theres 2 chinese fast food joints 700 yards from my gaff.
    and they all charge the same price as far as i know.
    I think its like email, its worth sending 1000 emails id only
    2 or 3 people respond to it.
    look at ads on the internet,
    i think most people never click on them,
    Or even see them.
    if i see an letter thats sealed but i can see it,s from barnado,s ,
    dunnes stores, random charity i never open it.

Advertisement